Tunchev's leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Guardian was very scathing about city's performance. Questioning our ability to survive in the Championship.

It also made Hobbs and Morrison sound like slow flat footed donkeys.

I think it all hinges on whether Kisnorbo will be fit in the next week or so or not. If so fine, problem solved. If not get a loanee.

The Don

Once Kisnorbo's back we'll be OK for cover at CB, just a shame it's happened to Tunch as he's been so great recently.

The Guardian was very scathing about city's performance. Questioning our ability to survive in the Championship.

I find that such ridiculous logic considering;

1. It was not our strongest team.

2. 'If' we get promoted to the Championship, we will then assses the squad and build a team capable of (hopefully) success at Championship level.

Well unfortunatley I cant play Monday now and replace Tunch as I have got a nasty dead leg from 5 a side tonight. Its probably at least a week out.

Some might question why I risked myself.

I also think the Guardian may be wrong as I think this years squad has more quality than the one relegated, in some cases it is the same players being better managed.

I do think however that Hobbs and Morrison would have a very difficult time against the better Championship forwards. Tunchev and Kisnorbo less so.

Going on our recent history in the Championship I would think that the stats prove that our ability to survive in the Championship is questionable.

Going off the performance the journo saw, why would he think any different?

I don't think that the one result is specially indicative of how we would do next season if promoted. I've always thought we would find it tough anyway.

On the subject of Tunchev - we were absolute mugs to risk our best players in this game. There is no way we were going to win the FA Cup nor were we likely to win this game and then go on to reach the later stages. We would all like to win every game irrespective of the competition, but sometimes managers need to take ruthless decisions on priorities. Of course that isn't nice for the loyal fans who treked to the dreary Selhurst Park, but it would have been better to do differently.

NP has done very well but he got this one wrong in risking bad injuries. I thought he would get it wrong and he has. Let's hope that the consequencies are not too brutal.

Thing is though it's not like Tunchev got clattered in a nasty tackle, he didn't. It could've happened in training or on monday night at Yeovil.

I do agree that he shouldn't have played him though, NP didn't seem to mind 'resting' him in the cup games earlier this season.

Well I just hope to God that we're not relying on Kisnorbo to keep the defence shored up. From the games that I've seen him play this term, he's been crap.

Nigel should have played Tuchev + all the other first 11 players, in my view. Winning breeds confidence and more winning.

Now we probably feel less confident and like a Div 3 team rather than a potention Div 2 team on the way up.

The Tunchev injury was just one of those things but now we must work out how we accommodate this and I think we will be OK if Kisnorbo is back but if not we need someone in on loan.

We also clearly need another striker but please no more loanees who just come, play 1 game or two then go again. We need a real permanent signing

Thing is though it's not like Tunchev got clattered in a nasty tackle, he didn't. It could've happened in training or on monday night at Yeovil.

I do agree that he shouldn't have played him though, NP didn't seem to mind 'resting' him in the cup games earlier this season.

Or he could have tripped over his dog (if he has one) whilst hanging out the washing.... but the point is that this was an unnecessary risk in an additional match against a physical side on a miserable ground that we didn't need and indeed had we won all that would have resulted was another away fixture, further fixture congestion, and playing in front of another derisory crowd whilst other League 1 clubs could make up ground on us.

NP should have seen this coming. We just don't have the cover at this stage of our development to be involved on all fronts. The FA Cup is fine as a sideshow and potential consolation prizefor the top teams; a reasonable target for other prem clubs and a money spinner for minnows with no immediate league promotion ambitions.

NP should have seen this coming. We just don't have the cover at this stage of our development to be involved on all fronts. The FA Cup is fine as a sideshow and potential consolation prizefor the top teams; a reasonable target for other prem clubs and a money spinner for minnows with no immediate league promotion ambitions.

I also think he was in a bit of a cleft stick in that I am sure he felt that he didn't want another Rotherham on his hands. :102:

You don't rest centre halves, MON never did when he managed Leicester. If you have a very big squad you might be able to rest a striker and a few midfielders but as a rule i never remeber defenders getting rested that much.

NP made no mistake. He could have rested Tunch and then Hobbs could have broke his leg and Morrison walked in front of a bendy bus!!! It's all if and pointless.

The only argument i would accept for resting people last night would have been Fryatt for obvious reasons, Howard cause he must be knackered and King cause he aint missed a single game. But lets not dwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669