Typical - Manager of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he want to go there in those circumstances?

With them seemingly being a bigger club,it being a step up etc...I don't know,I'm just trying to create some discussion on your Forum,very quiet today:102:

With them seemingly being a bigger club,it being a step up etc...I don't know,I'm just trying to create some discussion on your Forum,very quiet today:102:

The entire concept is flawed by them not being a bigger club.

Gibson has backed Southgate and I think that he will get until Christmas at least, no matter how well/badly they start.

Why would he want to go there in those circumstances?

Well he played for them for just less than 4 years of an 18 year career - making just a little over a quarter of is total appearances for them. He obviously, as somebody who was born in the east midlands, has strong links with the north-east. I am surprised that you can't see that this makes him a strong candidate for the job, even though it does not yet exist, and that he will snap their hands off.

Well he played for them for just less than 4 years of an 18 year career - making just a little over a quarter of is total appearances for them. He obviously, as somebody who was born in the east midlands, has strong links with the north-east. I am surprised that you can't see that this makes him a strong candidate for the job, even though it does not yet exist, and that he will snap their hands off.

I don't think HF was implying that though, certainly not that strenuously.

I belive that Nigel will remain loyal to us and I really dont think Middlesborough is a big move for him. They need to undertake a big rebuilding of the squad and I cant see them doing much next season I can see us both finishing mid table and we will get bigger crowds.

Well no because they aren't a bigger club than us....not quite sure why not:icon_conf
Possibly because it's a much smaller town with much smaller fan base, we're in the same league as them but Middlesborough is one of the least desirable places to live in Britain (you been there?)

Just a thought...

Possibly because it's a much smaller town with much smaller fan base, we're in the same league as them but Middlesborough is one of the least desirable places to live in Britain (you been there?)

Just a thought...

We're a team that's just been promoted from the third division and they're a team that's just been relegated from the Prem. Regardless of city size and fanbase, I'd say at this moment in time they're a much 'bigger' club than us.

We're a team that's just been promoted from the third division and they're a team that's just been relegated from the Prem. Regardless of city size and fanbase, I'd say at this moment in time they're a much 'bigger' club than us.

Leicester are a bigger club either way, but i can see why it might be more appealing for NP given the position youve described, however not if Boro have had an awful start and are near the bottom of the Championship it wont be, cant see Gibson getting rid unless they are in a really disasterous position.

Last edited:

You think they're a 'much bigger' club than us because we're both in the same division??? :102:

You think they're a 'much bigger' club than us because we're both in the same division??? :102:

No, because we were in the third division last season whilst they were in the first.

I realise we're in the same division now, but a club who were playing in the premiership last season are bigger than one who were playing in the third division. In the same way that you'd say Newcastle are a bigger club than Peterborough and West Brom are a bigger club than Scunthorpe.

No, because we were in the third division last season whilst they were in the first.

I realise we're in the same division now, but a club who were playing in the premiership last season are bigger than one who were playing in the third division. In the same way that you'd say Newcastle are a bigger club than Peterborough and West Brom are a bigger club than Scunthorpe.

But that all depends on what criteria you're using to define this nebulous term 'big club'.

As far as I can tell, it's fashion and media hype that defines which teams are or aren't deemed to be 'big' clubs.

I blame Championship Manager. That, and the parents.

Alternatively Midds are currently working their way down the divisions, we are working our way up on current form.

But that all depends on what criteria you're using to define this nebulous term 'big club'.

As far as I can tell, it's fashion and media hype that defines which teams are or aren't deemed to be 'big' clubs.

You're right, there are lots of criteria - fanbase, stadium, competition wins, recent history etc, look at all those crazy Leeds fans who are still labouring under the delusion that they're still one of the biggest clubs in the country - ridculous. I guess it's all down to perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00