Typical - Manager of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you think our wage bill stacks up against the likes of Cheltenham and Yeovil?

Our attendances were around the 20,000 mark all season, the extra revenue alone that creates over those averaging 4-5,000 makes our budgets at least 4 times larger than some of the smaller clubs.

I was talking about how we compare to Leeds and Milton Keynes rather than Cheltenham and Yeovil. It was a reply to us apparently having the best resources in the division. Not refuting that claim, just wondered if anyone had any evidence for it. I was always under the impression MK had a fairly wealthy chairman as well.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think he will be that lauded (Pearson, not Ferguson). He did an expected job at a team with the best resources in the division. Not saying he hasn't done a good job, but it's only been one season of success at a team in a league where he really should be. If we have a good season next season then maybe, by Ferguson has achieved more so far.
As long as his name is mentioned in connection with any other job, I'll be happy.

I honestly don't think he will be that lauded (Pearson, not Ferguson). He did an expected job at a team with the best resources in the division. Not saying he hasn't done a good job, but it's only been one season of success at a team in a league where he really should be. If we have a good season next season then maybe, by Ferguson has achieved more so far.

Same could be said about Ferguson Senior, but I notice he still won his division's honour

Re: Typical

Does it really matter? I'd imagine you're more bothered then Pearson.

I couldn't give a toss about the award either - it's the fact is that had it been f••est sheff wed or any other team finishing champions then their manager would have got the award - also the award is for 1 season and not as in fergusons award what he's done in 2

His Dad made it clear that his lad was to have the award. Sir Alex quite rightly runs all aspects of professional football in this country including the appointment of Refs ; scheduling of fixtures; choice of televised games and very importantly the duration of United's games.

Re: Typical

I couldn't give a toss about the award either - it's the fact is that had it been f••est sheff wed or any other team finishing champions then their manager would have got the award - also the award is for 1 season and not as in fergusons award what he's done in 2

Being newly promoted they weren't expected to come anywhere near where they ended up. It hasn't been given to him for what he's done in two seasons. Ferguson deserves the award in my opinion. He's worked a minor miracle

You would think the manager of the side that obtained the most points in all divisions would qualify for something wouldn't you?

On the managing on a budget logic for D Ferguson, wouldn't Coyle get the award over McCarthy?

You would think the manager of the side that obtained the most points in all divisions would qualify for something wouldn't you?

Would put them in the running but that's all in my opinion. How many Peterborough fans went into this season expecting automatic promotion? Compare that to the amount of Leicester fans expecting the same thing of their team and you can see why Ferguson is a worthy winner.

No disrespect to Pearson I think he's been absolutely brilliant but if we had not got automatic promotion there would be a lot of disappointed fans on here.

I'm glad Pearson hasn't won it, it means it's less likely other clubs will be sniffing around when filling their vacancies. Let them chase Fergie Jr instead.

Like Reading. From the BBC. :icon_wink

The worry might be if Boro start the season badly and we start it well,they dump Southgate and come hunting for Pearson....just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669