Typical - Manager of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

It's just typical that the mangers of champions of every league are awarded manager of the year - apart from ours that is - t•••ers

Re: Typical

Given the available resources, and the fact that they have been promoted immediately after coming up from League Two, I would have thought that the result was pretty clear cut

But as DF says, who really gives a flying feck :102:

David Moyes won the LMA award for the Premiership.

Cant understand this at all. Surely Premiership manager of the year indicates how well you do in the Premiership and not the FA Cup, yet Everton finished on lower points this year than they did last year and in the same position they have for the past 2 years.

Last edited:
Cant understand this at all. Surely Premiership manager of the year indicates how well you do in the Premiership and not the FA Cup, yet Everton finished on lower points this year than they did last year and in the same position they have for the past 2 years.

I've just realised it wasn't the Premiership one he won, it was "manager of the year".

Manager of the Year: David Moyes
Special Merit : Sir Alex Ferguson
Service to Football: Graham Turner
Premier League Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson
Championship Manager: Mick McCarthy
League One Manager: Darren Ferguson
League Two Manager: Andy Scott
Hall of Fame 1000 Club inductees: Steve Coppell and Graham Turner

I've just realised it wasn't the Premiership one he won, it was "manager of the year".

Ah, ok, though is it not still the League Manager's Association? Is it not about the league?

Besides, they havent even won the cup yet, including both the league and cup runs, surely Owen Coyle has done a far better job?

And if youre going to chose Ferguson over NP because he has less resources and has got back to back promotions over the team winning the league. Why have they chosen Scott over Paul Tisdale? The gap between Leicester and Pboro was bigger than the gap between Brentford and Exeter as well.

Last edited:
The last time we won a league title, Jock Wallace also missed out on the manager of the year. That time it went to John Lyall for West Ham's FA Cup win.

Probably even more unfair than this time around

I'm glad Pearson hasn't won it, it means it's less likely other clubs will be sniffing around when filling their vacancies. Let them chase Fergie Jr instead.

I honestly don't think he will be that lauded (Pearson, not Ferguson). He did an expected job at a team with the best resources in the division. Not saying he hasn't done a good job, but it's only been one season of success at a team in a league where he really should be. If we have a good season next season then maybe, by Ferguson has achieved more so far.

Did Leicester really have that much resources than anyone else? Did they spend more this season on players for example? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Not too bad that Dazz Ferguson won it (the League One one). They did very well with what they had.

Did Leicester really have that much resources than anyone else? Did they spend more this season on players for example? Just wondering.

How do you think our wage bill stacks up against the likes of Cheltenham and Yeovil?

Our attendances were around the 20,000 mark all season, the extra revenue alone that creates over those averaging 4-5,000 makes our budgets at least 4 times larger than some of the smaller clubs.

Pearson had a big advantage in budget and quality of players over all the rest of the sides in the division barring Leeds, for that reason I can fully understand the reasoning for acknowledging Darren Ferguson for his fantastic achievement at Peterboro.

What Pearson does deserve a lot of credit for is the way he turned around a club that was in freefall, had a losing mentality and lacked discipline and organisation.

At the end of the day awards are nice but it doesn't change the cold hard facts that we were promoted as champions, and for that reason I very much doubt the level headed Pearson has lost any sleep over missing out on this award.

Pearson had a big advantage in budget and quality of players over all the rest of the sides in the division barring Leeds, for that reason I can fully understand the reasoning for acknowledging Darren Ferguson for his fantastic achievement at Peterboro.

What Pearson does deserve a lot of credit for is the way he turned around a club that was in freefall, had a losing mentality and lacked discipline and organisation.

At the end of the day awards are nice but it doesn't change the cold hard facts that we were promoted as champions, and for that reason I very much doubt the level headed Pearson has lost any sleep over missing out on this award.

are you a new boy?

come on everyone, let's all start the "Pearson is just an ok manager and did a job anyone else could have done with the money" rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566