ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotcha....... the singing only makes a difference in games we win then...to some extent.

The atmosphere was brilliant all the way through as Boc pointed out.
I'm not saying we won the game I'm just saying that we helped us on the way.

Apparently Mandaric was very proud of our support yesterday :icon_wink

Our family are not manufactured fans. We have been season ticket holders for about seven years. We are now in the West stand because the language was inapropriate in the South stand for our young grandchildren. Not because some people occasionally called the referee a w*nker, including us, but because there was a continuous torrent of foul abuse aimed at all players every time they did something wrong!
We still shout and cheer but do not join in the 'Stand up if you luv ... etc.
We are a new type of fan in the sense that for my £500 ST I expect passion, entertainment and a performance on the pitch. I do not always expect us to win, but I damn well expect us to try. I have never booed our team or any individual players during the game, but I have after a woeful performance, and there have been too many of those!
I also disagree with the 'free' kids anywhere in the stadium. I think the South stand should be marketed as an adult stand, or at least a significant portion of it, with no under 16 concessions.

I dont disagree with any of this you are trying to do and I wish you all luck, but you are dealing with Leicester fans here and a couple of bad results and the volume will be down.
My experience with ultra goups is that they create noise and motion right from start to finish despite what is happening on the pitch. Also a lot of the things they do is random but everybody joins in. I would love to see it at the walkers where there are great big feck off banners, massive flags etc, but I somehow cannot see this happening, maybe because of stewards, club policy or the OB spouting on about safety issues.

But I do wish you luck.

Our family are not manufactured fans. We have been season ticket holders for about seven years. We are now in the West stand because the language was inapropriate in the South stand for our young grandchildren. Not because some people occasionally called the referee a w*nker, including us, but because there was a continuous torrent of foul abuse aimed at all players every time they did something wrong!
We are a new type of fan in the sense that for my £500 ST I expect passion, entertainment and a performance on the pitch. I do not always expect us to win, but I damn well expect us to try. I have never booed our team or any individual players during the game, but I have after a woeful performance, and there have been too many of those!
I also disagree with the 'free' kids anywhere in the stadium. I think the South stand should be marketed as an adult stand, or at least a significant portion of it, with no under 16 concessions.
Brilliant, sums up my opinion perfectly as well.

I have no problem with this "New generation" of fans but I'm struggling to see a point behind your post...?
:102:

I can see what you're trying to do and I guess that anything that helps to improve the atmosphere can only be a good thing, as long as it's not to the detriment of everywhere else.

At the end of the day though, the atmosphere could undergo a 100% improvement almost instantaneously, and it will only take 11 blokes to make it happen.

I have no problem with this "New generation" of fans but I'm struggling to see a point behind your post...?
:102:
I can't speak for Mike, but my answer to that question in response to Mike's post is this:

It feels like us quiet fans who like to watch the game and talk to our neighbours during the game, are being labelled inferior fans for not being vocal.

I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout. It doesn't make me any less of a fan and I get fed up with being patronised by those solitary voices that will occasionally shout "Come on you miserable lot, get behind the team" in an effort to boost their fandom.

We all enjoy the game in different ways, nobody is superior

I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout.

Translated : I do not like to get behind the team as it is much more fun to moan about something. ;)

Last edited:
I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout. QUOTE]

Translated : I do not like to get behind the team as it is much more fun to moan about something. ;)
Nope, not true. Yes, I moan, but I complement depending on what is happening.

Moaning is good, it's for the people who live in the real world. I hate happy people I do.

I love being grumpy, being grumpy makes me happy, but that just pisses me off being happy and then I'm grumpy and OK again, but being OK makes me happy so then I'm grumpy again.

See, no wonder I fecking moan, I can't win!!

You must have been unlucky in who you had near you then because there's very foul little abuse leveled at the players round where I sit. Even when the buggers deserve it though I will admit there's a degree of constructive criticism :biggrin:

:038: :038:

I also disagree with the 'free' kids anywhere in the stadium.

Gotta disagree with you here for a couple of reasons.

If it wasn't for the concessions for under 16s then I certainly wouldn't be able to afford STs for the family, that would mean either me or the missus having to stay at home to look after the brat. Straight away you've gone from 3 seats being filled to one.
If the lad didn't go I'd drink in the pub before every match rather than on the concourse. Only a couple of pints but still income for the club

Many families would be the same, though not necessarily about the beer bit. ;)

Kids will eat more of the junk food than adults will so less kids less income from that.

Its a known fact that the club is not alone in suffering from a lack of fans aged 16-30 that's not just because of the cost involved but also because a lot of folks that age aren't interested anymore. If we don't get the kids addicted by offering them concessions now we're certainly not going to get the buggers to spend their money when they're older.

Kids always want the tacky gimmicky things from the Megastore that Adults wouldn't buy.

Kids want the new strip every time it comes out cos their mates have got it.

All money thrown away by the club if they take the concessions away.

I think the South stand should be marketed as an adult stand, or at least a significant portion of it, with no under 16 concessions.

You've confused me here, you said you moved into the west stand because of the language in the south stand and what you propose would effectively stop under 16 going into it so are you saying the club is to blame for you having to move because you shouldn't have been there in the first place with your grand kids?
Sorry mate but as far as I'm concerned anyone who has brought their kids to a football match, seated themselves in what is supposed to be the most lively section of the stadium and then complains about the language really ought to be able to take responsibility for their own actions.

To get back on topic ;)

I think this Ultras thing is a good idea if it gets some atmosphere into the stadium, though I agree with some that perhaps another name would be better

Last edited:
Nope, not true. Yes, I moan, but I complement depending on what is happening.

Moaning is good, it's for the people who live in the real world. I hate happy people I do.

I love being grumpy, being grumpy makes me happy, but that just pisses me off being happy and then I'm grumpy and OK again, but being OK makes me happy so then I'm grumpy again.

See, no wonder I fecking moan, I can't win!!

:081: :081: :081: Doctor for Melton!!

I can't speak for Mike, but my answer to that question in response to Mike's post is this:

It feels like us quiet fans who like to watch the game and talk to our neighbours during the game, are being labelled inferior fans for not being vocal.

I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout. It doesn't make me any less of a fan and I get fed up with being patronised by those solitary voices that will occasionally shout "Come on you miserable lot, get behind the team" in an effort to boost their fandom.

:038: Well said, Melts - I agree 100%
The basis of many an argument with Mr mg :icon_roll

This was a point I made abotu 10 pages ago when I was getting wound up that these so called "ultras" some how thought they were better fans because of what they were doing. I go to games, i moan, I scream, I shout, I sing, i cheer but that is because that is what i enjoy and thats just my personality when it comes to football, if someone else just wants to be quiet that is up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69