ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for Mike, but my answer to that question in response to Mike's post is this:

It feels like us quiet fans who like to watch the game and talk to our neighbours during the game, are being labelled inferior fans for not being vocal.

I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout. It doesn't make me any less of a fan and I get fed up with being patronised by those solitary voices that will occasionally shout "Come on you miserable lot, get behind the team" in an effort to boost their fandom.

We all enjoy the game in different ways, nobody is superior

Caught this a bit late on, but top post Melts. :038: :038:

Originally Posted by Melton Fox
I can't speak for Mike, but my answer to that question in response to Mike's post is this:

You spoke very well for me Melts!

We all enjoy the match in different ways, it makes us different, not inferior or superior. I will not feel inferior because I will not be spending the 90mins against Coventry twirling a scarf around my head! (Is it the Leeds fans that take their shirts off and twirl them?)

With those around me we still make noise and encourage for free kicks and corners etc, just not continuously for 90mins.

We are passionate. I still have an ongoing argument with the guy behind me on the potential loss of a different attacking option caused by Mark de Vries falling out with the club.

I do not have to 'Stand up if you luv ...' or twirl a scarf to be a passionate, true fan that wants to watch and encourage my team to win!

It feels like us quiet fans who like to watch the game and talk to our neighbours during the game, are being labelled inferior fans for not being vocal.

I have never joined in with songs, it isn't me. But I jump, clap, scream and shout. It doesn't make me any less of a fan and I get fed up with being patronised by those solitary voices that will occasionally shout "Come on you miserable lot, get behind the team" in an effort to boost their fandom.

We all enjoy the game in different ways, nobody is superior

You are right - It's just I don't understand why you spend X amount of money and then sit there in silence. For me, that would be boring but for other I guess its "fun" and as long as you are enjoying yourself that's what matters :icon_wink

That is the whole point of this idea anyway - The fans who want to be quiet sit in one area, the fans who want to be noisey sit in another - Simple. :icon_cool

Like Boc says, it's a bit naff, but it's the sort of thing that seems to get people in a number of grounds. I have heard it get changed to things like "we're the real fans" , response "we're the grown ups".

Perhaps you could do a deal with L1 to sing it at each other across the Cov fans.

If people start making a noise in Block N, there is a good chance that it will be heard in the Kop - whereas L1 is rarely if ever heard in the Kop. That being so, I think there is a good chance that what Block N will hear replying is the Kop rather than L1.

If people start making a noise in Block N, there is a good chance that it will be heard in the Kop - whereas L1 is rarely if ever heard in the Kop. That being so, I think there is a good chance that what Block N will hear replying is the Kop rather than L1.

I agree, as I have a sneaky suspicion that L1 will be quite sparsely populated next Saturday.

Originally Posted by Melton Fox

You spoke very well for me Melts!

We all enjoy the match in different ways, it makes us different, not inferior or superior. I will not feel inferior because I will not be spending the 90mins against Coventry twirling a scarf around my head! (Is it the Leeds fans that take their shirts off and twirl them?)

With those around me we still make noise and encourage for free kicks and corners etc, just not continuously for 90mins.

We are passionate. I still have an ongoing argument with the guy behind me on the potential loss of a different attacking option caused by Mark de Vries falling out with the club.

I do not have to 'Stand up if you luv ...' or twirl a scarf to be a passionate, true fan that wants to watch and encourage my team to win!

Whoa there matey, the scarf waving was just a suggestion to get everyone involved rather than just one block!

I am in no way connected to the Ultras apart from my support for Leicester City so please do not get my IDEAS mixed up with what a group of people are trying to achieve.

No where have I mentioned that if you do join in with chants/actions then you are not a passionate fan or are inferior to fans that do so, so again, please refrain from using my examples and getting them mixed up with what other people have said/suggested.

Last edited:

I doubt that the "Kop" will hear us and I will be extreamly surprised if i hear the "Kop" what so ever
L1 will have it's usual amount I think maybe 50 odd leaving for our block :icon_wink

I got one of them giant flags above mine, along with my signed Savage, Clarridge, Walsh and Izzet shirts! :biggrin:

I doubt that the "Kop" will hear us and I will be extreamly surprised if i hear the "Kop" what so ever
L1 will have it's usual amount I think maybe 50 odd leaving for our block :icon_wink

If the Kop isn't going to hear you, why bother? I thought you were going to put some atmosphere into the ground.

If the Kop isn't going to hear you, why bother? I thought you were going to put some atmosphere into the ground.

i think its more a case of the people who enjoy singing being able to be around like minded people not getting frowned at.

also it will drown out the away fans slightly giving us a better balanced atmosphere. it will improve the atmosphere in the family stand and it will be upto the kop to keep it loud your end.

Well you say you can't hear L1 apparently even though I sit in the "Kop" and can usually hear them fine. I would like the "kop" to hear us but I doubt they will because of the supposed "poor acustics of the stadium"

It's the reason I love going to the football (especially away games) on my own. I can't sing and shout as much if I'm with anyone.
Taking the kids is different as we're in the family end. but I love venting my week's frustration.

It's the reason I love going to the football (especially away games) on my own. I can't sing and shout as much if I'm with anyone.
Taking the kids is different as we're in the family end. but I love venting my week's frustration.

that and also because no fecker wants to go with you.....:icon_bigg

Well you say you can't hear L1 apparently even though I sit in the "Kop" and can usually hear them fine. I would like the "kop" to hear us but I doubt they will because of the supposed "poor acustics of the stadium"

I think we (the Kop) are much more likely to hear BlockN than BlockL1 for the simple reason that you will be opposite and facing us. That's why it is always easier to hear the away fans than L1 when you're sitting in the Kop.

Last edited:
I think we (the Kop) are much more likely to hear BlockN then BlockL1 for teh simple reason that you will be opposite and facing us. That's why it is always easier to hear the away fans than L1 when you're sitting in the Kop.

without your hearing aid in Boc at least you will be able to lip read.....:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

without your hearing aid in Boc at least you will be able to lip read.....:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

... as long as I remember to take my glasses!

Bollox to acoustics if the kop cant hear you this idea is shitter than I first thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69