Unspectacular player that you loved

**** me I remember listening to that match on the radio and kind of cheering when we scored. League cup right? We were on the end of a few hidings in that period if memory recalls correctly. Didn't we get beat 5-1 by Man U in the league cup around that time? Also seem to recall another 7-1 against Newcastle around that time.
Yes, I went to that game at Man Utd too :icon rolleyes:

**** me I remember listening to that match on the radio and kind of cheering when we scored. League cup right? We were on the end of a few hidings in that period if memory recalls correctly. Didn't we get beat 5-1 by Man U in the league cup around that time? Also seem to recall another 7-1 against Newcastle around that time.

Both 7-1 games were in 92/93 (Sheff Wed and Newcastle). I went to both.

It was the season that ended with the 4-3 Wembley final.

The 5-1 at Man Utd was the season after that. I was at that one too.

Both 7-1 games were in 92/93 (Sheff Wed and Newcastle). I went to both.

It was the season that ended with the 4-3 Wembley final.

The 5-1 at Man Utd was the season after that. I was at that one too.
I was fortunate enough to miss the 7-1 at Newcastle. I remember going to the game there the previous season, when we were going well and they were really struggling. We were rubbish, got beaten 2-0 and the best player on the pitch was Lee Clark, who was only young at the time and went on to have a good career. Good times :icon confused:

It’s almost 31 years today the day we sold Paul Kitson and in return got Phil Gee and another much maligned player that I think fits this title
Sticks !
Tall gangly left winger that was akin to Bambi on ice, not the best looking ****er either

It’s almost 31 years today the day we sold Paul Kitson and in return got Phil Gee and another much maligned player that I think fits this title
Sticks !
Tall gangly left winger that was akin to Bambi on ice, not the best looking ****er either
Ormondroyd, Ormondroyd, flying down the wing,
Ormondroyd, Ormondroyd, strange looking thing,
Pass him the ball, gosh he is tall,
Ormondroyd, Ormondroyd, Ormondroyd...

Sticks !
Felt like such a bizarre bit of business at the time.

Sticks !
Blimey I was 18 then, where has that time gone

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564