Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
unfortunately still think down purely because we cant string 2 wins together and therefore more than capable of losing our last 2 games

I've moved to 50-50, for the first time in a long time. Mainly because if we'll be nervous on Saturday, how much more so will Sheff Wed, and it's starting to look like Stoke may be home and hosed by the time they play us. Happy days (relatively speaking)!

I've moved to 50-50, for the first time in a long time. Mainly because if we'll be nervous on Saturday, how much more so will Sheff Wed

The difference between ourselves and Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday might be that they will have 3,000 of their most enthusiastic supporters cheering them on, whilst we will have our usual miserable-as-shit bunch tutting every pass that goes astray and booing them off at half-time if we are not already three goals to the good.

I think we may well have to rely on another team doing us a favour on the final day.

The difference between ourselves and Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday might be that they will have 3,000 of their most enthusiastic supporters cheering them on, whilst we will have our usual miserable-as-shit bunch tutting every pass that goes astray and booing them off at half-time if we are not already three goals to the good.

risky business slagging off the home support. You will have the 'if we had something to cheer about' brigade popping up! :icon_wink

risky business slagging off the home support. You will have the 'if we had something to cheer about' brigade popping up! :icon_wink

The longer they fail to realise they are part of the problem, the longer they will fail to be part of the answer.

Absolutely spot on Boc. The eternally pessimistic, 'spirit of doom ' mongers that revel in any hint of misperformance are a primary reason why we struggle to lift the atmosphere at home..

the same negative vibes have always existed 'down the City' to be fair, but the acoustics at Filbert Street allowed the Kop to drown out the miserable bastards' moans.

I'll stick with 'UP' by the way, anyone who thinks 'DOWN' can probably get 5/1 on betfair to ease any predicted pain...

Last edited:
Absolutely spot on Boc. The eternally pessimistic, 'spirit of doom ' mongers that revel in any hint of misperformance are a primary reason why we struggle to lift the atmosphere at home..

the same negative vibes have always existed 'down the City' to be fair, but the acoustics at Filbert Street allowed the Kop to drown out the miserable bastards' moans.

Leicester supporters have always been a bit of a miserable lot anyway.

However, I think you can rely on Saturday being treated as a special occasion when the support will be a 'given'. Even miserable basta-ds like me don't wantg to see us actually relegated.

If we can't be wonderfully successful, I enjoy a good moan as a second best. But relegation to an even more miserable division is not an option.

However, I think you can rely on Saturday being treated as a special occasion when the support will be a 'given'. Even miserable basta-ds like me don't wantg to see us actually relegated.

If we can't be wonderfully successful, I enjoy a good moan as a second best. But relegation to an even more miserable division is not an option.

There is a difference between support and expectation. If things arent going right the crowd will start to get on the teams back rather then getting behind them! :icon_wink IANGWOC

Last edited:

fair comment RF! Football wouldn't be as much fun if everyones glass was always half full...:icon_wink

I did warn you :icon_wink

I would expect nothing else of them. The manager, the players, the club have all made it clear how important a favourable atmosphere is. It is folly to disbelieve them.

Look at the words of Iain Hume - "[the fans] helped turn the atmosphere in our favour and we are so grateful to them for making the effort because we couldn't have got the win without them." Whether you want to accept them is up to you, but our status may depend on it.

Last edited:
There is a difference between support and expectation. If things arent going right the crowd will start to get on the teams back rather then getting behind them! :icon_wink IANGWOC

My gut feeling is that the win at Barnsley will help creare a very positive atmosphere and I expect the crowd to stick with the players for the full 90+ minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669