Ups and downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring a record-breaking final day, Port Vale will be in League One next season. As Jeff mentioned, they will not be playing Bournemouth there, because they'll be in the Championship. In other news, Stockport County were relegated from Blue Square Premier yesterday when they lost 4-0 at Kidderminster. They'll spend next season playing two levels below the Football League in Blue Square North. In that league, already relegated Hinckley United's goal difference passed the minus 100 mark yesterday as they were hammered 6-0 at home by Altrincham.

Barring a record-breaking final day, Port Vale will be in League One next season. As Jeff mentioned, they will not be playing Bournemouth there, because they'll be in the Championship. In other news, Stockport County were relegated from Blue Square Premier yesterday when they lost 4-0 at Kidderminster. They'll spend next season playing two levels below the Football League in Blue Square North. In that league, already relegated Hinckley United's goal difference passed the minus 100 mark yesterday as they were hammered 6-0 at home by Altrincham.

Stockport fans took it well

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/201...campaign=Feed:+offthepost/TLAa+(Off+The+Post)

Another unlikely scenario could happen at the bottom of League One. If Carlisle beat Colchester 4-2, and Scunthorpe beat Swindon 1-0, Colchester and Scunthorpe will have to have a play-off match to settle the final relegation place, as they'll have the same points, goal difference and goals scored.

That's bollocks. I believed some Scunthorpe twat.

If points, goal difference and goals scored can't separate the teams, they would then use the head to head record of the two teams this season, meaning Scunthorpe would stay up. Only if the head to head is the same would they resort to a play-off.

That's bollocks. I believed some Scunthorpe twat.

If points, goal difference and goals scored can't separate the teams, they would then use the head to head record of the two teams this season, meaning Scunthorpe would stay up. Only if the head to head is the same would they resort to a play-off.

Never take for granted what some twat tells you on the internet or you may end up with egg on your face.

Never take for granted what some twat tells you on the internet or you may end up with egg on your face.

Egg is really good for your skin, you know, it's great for getting rid of blackheads

Wrexham and Newport both take a 1 goal lead into their 2nd leg play-off games

Promotion is in the air as it's certainly buzzing here in Rotherham town centre as they hope for automatic Promotion up to League One today. Whereas their opponents Aldershot face relegation back to the Conference.

Never seen so many Rotherham fans at once except at a ground. I heard on the Radio yesterday that Saturdays in Rotherham have produced a 150% increase in business for the outlets in the Town since the Football team came back to Rotherham from Don Valley at the start of the season.

I do hope they do get promotion today and not have to go through the Play-offs. It looks a nice ground too, be nice to get them away in the League Cup again next season.

Thanks to the wifi at McDonalds in Rotherham

Last edited:
Promotion is in the air as it's certainly buzzing here in Rotherham town centre as they hope for automatic Promotion up to League One today. Whereas their opponents Aldershot face relegation back to the Conference.

Never seen so many Rotherham fans at once except at a ground. I heard on the Radio yesterday that Saturdays in Rotherham have produced a 150% increase in business for the outlets in the Town since the Football team came back to Rotherham from Don Valley at the start of the season.

I do hope they do get promotion today and not have to go through the Play-offs. It looks a nice ground too, be nice to get them away in the League Cup again next season.

Thanks to the wifi at McDonalds in Rotherham

Do we have to credit the wifi we're using these days?

Better thank my parents for their wifi in Burton Lazars for this post then.

Penalty in 4 minutes of injury time for Brentford against Doncaster - missed hits the post

Doncaster go up the other end and score!!!

Doncaster go up Brentford into the Playoffs

EDIT Doncaster Rovers win the League.
What a finish!!

Last edited:
Penalty in 4 minutes of injury time for Brentford against Doncaster - missed hits the post

Doncaster go up the other end and score!!!

Doncaster go up Brentford into the Playoffs

EDIT Doncaster Rovers win the League.
What a finish!!

Incredible finish to the game and season!

Wolves are hanging on by a thread in the Championship after a home defeat to Burnley.

As Motown mentioned, Doncaster are champions of League One. At the other end, Scunthorpe went down fighting with a 3-1 win over Swindon, while Colchester's win at Carlisle confirmed their survival - and Scunny's departure to League Two.

Rotherham are promoted after beating Aldershot, joining Gillingham and Port Vale in League One.

Barnet and Aldershot are out of the Football League after defeats at Northampton and Rotherham. Dagenham survive by the skin of their teeth.

Long-relegated Hinckley United bowed out of Blue Square North with a 4-2 win away to second-place Guiseley. Corby Town will follow the Knitters and Droylsden out of the league after a goalless draw with Gainsborough Trinity.

I'm posting here in order to congratulate the free WiFi service in Hobsons. The pub is shit though, don't come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669