Verma Pens Permanent Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i dont see the point in signing Verma.

Have you seen him play?

Just because he's come from non-league doesn't mean he's no good. Some top internationals have started their career at non-league level and not played full time until they were in their twenties.
There's no reason why he can't do well in the Championship, if he has the ability. If he turns out not to be good enough he won't have cost much so it's not much of a gamble.

Have you seen him play?

Just because he's come from non-league doesn't mean he's no good. Some top internationals have started their career at non-league level and not played full time until they were in their twenties.
There's no reason why he can't do well in the Championship, if he has the ability. If he turns out not to be good enough he won't have cost much so it's not much of a gamble.
No i haven't seen him play, but that doesn't give me any reason for wanting him to sign either.

Your entire point is as speculative as mine

Hes come from non league-he could be shit
Lots of top internationals didnt start their careers non league.
He may not have the ability to do well in championship

I can't argue with your last point, i just get annoyed that no-one dares question pearsons judgement, its getting a bit boring reading the LCFC forum when theres no debate. Don't get me wrong i'm fully backing him to do a good job next season, but this doesn't mean i think every decision he makes is a masterstroke.

Neither did Cox, should we not sign him?

Well i have seen Cox play regular first team football for Swindon quite a few times so that's a different matter.
But thank you for your input.

Stuart Pearce played at Wealdstone until he was 21
Ian Wright played at Greenwich Borough until he was 21
Stan Collymore was released by Wolves and played at Stafford until he was 20.

Some players either develop later or slip through the net.

Your dead right. Junior Lewis slipped through the net, feck knows how:icon_bigg

No i haven't seen him play, but that doesn't give me any reason for wanting him to sign either.

But does it give you a good enough reason for wanting him not to sign?

Did you say you "couldn't see the point" signing Morrison last summer?

Your entire point is as speculative as mine

I was just trying to point out that players have come into the game late in the past. I have no idea if Verma will be any good or not.

i just get annoyed that no-one dares question pearsons judgement

If he turns out to be rubbish we can blame NP for it, but there's no point being negative about someone we've never seen play.

Last edited:
i know everyone is confident we've got the right man, but Pearson isn't infallible. this shit about " i trust Pearson in everything he does" is begininng to grate a little. People shouldn't be afriad to have a critical view despite the fact hes done a great job so far.

Fair enough to be sceptical about the 'If Pearson's happy, I am' mood that seems to be about the place these days. But I don't see that Verma's weedy contract is really a place to take a stance. Seems much more a cautious attempt to take a longer look at what he may offer, if anything.

At the end of the day he may have been at the club six months and we haven't seen him play but Nige and Super Steve must see him everyday and are in a better position to judge his credentials.

Who knows, we need a squad and thats what he is building.

I can't argue with your last point, i just get annoyed that no-one dares question pearsons judgement, its getting a bit boring reading the LCFC forum when theres no debate. Don't get me wrong i'm fully backing him to do a good job next season, but this doesn't mean i think every decision he makes is a masterstroke.

On what basis would one question Pearson's judgement at the moment? :102:

Stuart Pearce played at Wealdstone until he was 21
Ian Wright played at Greenwich Borough until he was 21
Stan Collymore was released by Wolves and played at Stafford until he was 20.

Some players either develop later or slip through the net.

Jermaine Beckford who is 25 now was signed from Wealdstone in 2006, so he was 22 or 23 when he signed.

i know everyone is confident we've got the right man, but Pearson isn't infallible. this shit about " i trust Pearson in everything he does" is begininng to grate a little. People shouldn't be afriad to have a critical view despite the fact hes done a great job so far.

NP imo is on the second tread of the MON staircase, hes got a long way to go and for the first couple of steps hes done well.
This season will surely be the big test of his character and if hes got what it takes to be a top manager.

Everyone player were linked with no one questions etc.

But it's not possible for them to make a bad signing, stop questioning the Pearson miracle and get your glasses on you naughty man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669