Victory Parade May 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a number of parades in recent years.
The crowd for the Richard III interment was friendly but serious and subdued. Those with a feeling for History were deeply moved and there were some in tears. I am not a religious man but I felt almost a spiritual connection with a medieval England that day. However, I feel most Leicester people found it mildly interesting and no more. Some were just baffled by the whole thing which is their right; I feel the same about reggae and synchronised swimming

The crowd for the Queen's Jubilee visit were almost all very friendly and very cheerful. There were as small group with republican placards. Their faces had a wild pained look - I wondered if anyone had considered a link between English republicans and indigestion. Nobody seemed to have thought about giving the crowd a good view it was difficult to see anything. . There seemed to be more chat between strangers than at the other parades.

All credit to Susan Whelan or whoever for learning a lesson from 2014. Town Hall Square is unsuitable for big crowds. I was not up to the Victoria Park experience but knowing the other members of the forum are young and athletic look forward to their accounts.

I was outside the Ramada Encore near The Curve. The atmosphere was grand but the buses were, for me, an anti-climax. The first bus had the team and Claudio but most people on it were hangers on. On the other buses I spotted Shakespeare and Jon Rudkin who clearly should share in the credit. There was also The Birch who seems to embody the club. Apart from that I remembered the 2014 parade when people chanted "who the effing hell are you" at the 2nd bus. Now the hangers on have expanded to four buses; only one would have been better.

Some of us have suffered from Malcolm Partridge in the 1970s to Carl Cort in the 2000s. Seeing all the thousands celebrating in the streets and knowing there were more on Vicky Park I thought of a favourite chant "Where were you when we were shit".

There have been a number of parades in recent years.
The crowd for the Richard III interment was friendly but serious and subdued. Those with a feeling for History were deeply moved and there were some in tears. I am not a religious man but I felt almost a spiritual connection with a medieval England that day. However, I feel most Leicester people found it mildly interesting and no more. Some were just baffled by the whole thing which is their right; I feel the same about reggae and synchronised swimming

The crowd for the Queen's Jubilee visit were almost all very friendly and very cheerful. There were as small group with republican placards. Their faces had a wild pained look - I wondered if anyone had considered a link between English republicans and indigestion. Nobody seemed to have thought about giving the crowd a good view it was difficult to see anything. . There seemed to be more chat between strangers than at the other parades.

All credit to Susan Whelan or whoever for learning a lesson from 2014. Town Hall Square is unsuitable for big crowds. I was not up to the Victoria Park experience but knowing the other members of the forum are young and athletic look forward to their accounts.

I was outside the Ramada Encore near The Curve. The atmosphere was grand but the buses were, for me, an anti-climax. The first bus had the team and Claudio but most people on it were hangers on. On the other buses I spotted Shakespeare and Jon Rudkin who clearly should share in the credit. There was also The Birch who seems to embody the club. Apart from that I remembered the 2014 parade when people chanted "who the effing hell are you" at the 2nd bus. Now the hangers on have expanded to four buses; only one would have been better.

Some of us have suffered from Malcolm Partridge in the 1970s to Carl Cort in the 2000s. Seeing all the thousands celebrating in the streets and knowing there were more on Vicky Park I thought of a favourite chant "Where were you when we were shit".
Brilliant! And the answer to your question is that they were supporting Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea etc etc

Just got in, ****ing incredible stuff, utterly stupendous.

The trains on the other hand were hell.

Proper celebration was that.

Just got home after a fantastic day out. So glad I took the day off. My OH is not a massive footy fan but she has enjoyed this season and thoroughly enjoyed herself today. Well done to the organisers.

That was an excellent celebration of an utterly amazing season. Parked close to the Curve, so managed to see the buses there and then again at the top of Charles Street before following them up to Vicky Park. Didn't even try and get close to the stage , it was just a sea of people!

Well me and my family were the nutters arriving at 12:30 and I ended up two rows of people from the front of the stage. I did it for the Championship parade at Town Hall Square and it was worth every bit of standing there and yet again it was worth it. Superbly organised and MistaJam was first class, could have listened to him DJing all afternoon.

Brilliant celebration and I am simply amazed by the aerial shots of Victoria Park and how many people there were, to think we were at the front of all of that was mind boggling. The club, the owners, the council, everyone involved deserves huge credit for how they have organised it all, a huge, huge success.

Another day following this football team that I will never ever forget.

Good very early morning ladies and gents.

I have just returned from the party. I am 26 years of age and have been a Leicester City fan since I first developed an interest in football in 1995.

I can say with all my heart and soul that today's celebration and in general the celebration of this season will be forever with me. It's one of those moments in one's life that simply cannot be forgotten. There has been something in the air since the start of the year. And today, despite there being a reported 240k people accross the city centre and Victoria Park, I don't believe there was any trouble between fans. The atmosphere travelled from person to person and was breathed out by each individual and inhaled by the next - no matter which gender, race or religion. This season, we were one.

Sure, there are plastics - but that was expected. There always are. But at the end of the day, we must welcome them. We aren't a closed club. We are a welcoming club. The new supporters will have abandoned their previous clubs no doubt, however it our job to ensure that when the going gets tough, we were welcoming enough to ensure that they stay with us and never abandon us. At the end of the day, we never know what will happen. The more supporters, the more strength our beautiful football club gains.

For those who missed today or those away from Leicester or simply unable to get to games this season, your spirit, hunger, love, passhun and joy was truly felt. Don't be disappointed by not being able to attend this season or today or at the Everton match or whenever. You are just as much part of the celebrations as anyone else who was fortunate enough to witness the spectacle.

This season was joyful, euphoric, unexpected and completely mad. Long may it continue. Long live Leicester City Football Club!

Last edited:
Not sure this is the right thread, but I really had to put something into words. I cried at school when Matt Gillies dropped Ken Leek for the 1961 final, I watched Gordon Banks defy the Liverpool hordes in 1963 at Hillsborough with an heroic display of goalkeeping and I expected to win in the final, but we never turned up. Wembley again in 69, Alan Woollett was murdered by the Man City attack and relegation followed. The play off finals were great but we never stopped there long until MON gave us 4 years of greatness. Goodbye to Filbo and welcome the Walkers, then we survive administration just. Ian Holloway leads us to the third tier and that dreadful afternoon at Stoke, wondrous days at Hereford, Bristol Rovers, the wet night at Yeovil, the arrival of Pearson heralded a new dawn and a route back eventually to the Premier League with the help of King Power, how we survived last season I do not know, but we did, finally to this incredible season, game after game the players and crowd gave everything, wonderful goals, brilliant saves until finally we arrive at the Everton game, tears had already flowed on the Monday night that the title was confirmed, the club had managed the day brilliantly, opera singer, more tears, trophy, misty eyes again and yesterday was a superb celebration by the City and County of Leicester and Leicestershire, thank you to all the fans who made it a day to remember, thank you to King Power for what you have done for our club and a big thank you to Wes and all the lads for giving everything and to Claudio who came from Italy to manage the CITY. THANK YOU

Some were just baffled by the whole thing which is their right; I feel the same about reggae.

I used to quite like you until you wrote that.

I've got approximately (all ska, rocksteady and reggae):

1500 CD's
1200 LP's
1000 seven inch singles
200 twelve inch singles

I'm completely baffled that you are baffled.

1500 CD's
1200 LP's
1000 seven inch singles
200 twelve inch singles

Are you Herdle White in disguise?

1500 CD's
1200 LP's
1000 seven inch singles
200 twelve inch singles

But do you have I've got me Parka by The Sussed?

As if this season could get any better, just won two season tickets in the walkers Salt and Victory comp on twitter. Once I've finished running round the garden I'll get back to you.....

As if this season could get any better, just won two season tickets in the walkers Salt and Victory comp on twitter. Once I've finished running round the garden I'll get back to you.....

Whattt! I didn't even know that was an option. I was excited to have won a pack of the crisps!

Congrats!

Still buzzing from yesterday.

I was outside the High Cross pub. Good atmosphere there. Bus went past a little too quickly then got caught in the throng walking to Vicki Park. Great vibe in the city all day though.

Paid my respects to a king and got to meet my childhood hero Steve Walsh. He was actually really great, had a chat with me and was genuinely interested in my trip over from Australia. I could have chatted all day. My photo with him was amusing, I am a grown man but look completely star struck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669