vs Surrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Why does Benning never get a look in despite scoring most runs in our 40 over games & taking wickets at an economical rate? White doesn't seem to bowl much any more & when he does it is usually at over 5 an over!

I can only assume that Benning is off at the end of the season?

Why does Benning never get a look in despite scoring most runs in our 40 over games & taking wickets at an economical rate? White doesn't seem to bowl much any more & when he does it is usually at over 5 an over!

I can only assume that Benning is off at the end of the season?

I see once again Jigar Naik has to make way for one of Boon's favourites Wayne White.

Another poor decision by our 'coach' or captain or whoever picks the team nowadays. Naik has been in impressive form this season and is a reasonable batter, so why the need to again acommodate White?

White has always been a below average bowler who can bat a bit and has been selected to provide a fourth seam option. As Jimmy Lad said, White is rarely chosen to bowl anyway and has a poor economy rate.

I think the problem arises from not having a batsman in out top 6 who can bowl. Do you think we've got a batter in our ranks who can bat in top six and can provide a fourth seamer option? Of course we have - James Benning.

I feel sorry for Naik, who has really stepped up this season, as he always has to move aside.

I see once again Jigar Naik has to make way for one of Boon's favourites Wayne White.

Another poor decision by our 'coach' or captain or whoever picks the team nowadays. Naik has been in impressive form this season and is a reasonable batter, so why the need to again acommodate White?

White has always been a below average bowler who can bat a bit and has been selected to provide a fourth seam option. As Jimmy Lad said, White is rarely chosen to bowl anyway and has a poor economy rate.

I think the problem arises from not having a batsman in out top 6 who can bowl. Do you think we've got a batter in our ranks who can bat in top six and can provide a fourth seamer option? Of course we have - James Benning.

I feel sorry for Naik, who has really stepped up this season, as he always has to move aside.

I too feel for Naik although I can sort of understand that playing two spinners at Grace Road with rain forecast may have been a poor decision.

The back end of the season is where Naik should have come into his own when the wickets are dry and turning. This recent weather has put paid to that.

Back on the White topic.... 0-24 from 3 overs when we had Surrey 11-2 and in defensive mood! Say no more.

Ramprakash enjoying himself at our expense again 147no

Ramprakash provided a batting master class.

I'm afraid Wayne White simply isn't good enough to bowl at this level. He can strike a ball quite well - but he is a 'bits and pieces' player that is always going to struggle to justify a place in even a poor county side.

I wonder if Benning has an on-going fitness problem which restricts his selection chances for Championship games. Otherwise its difficult to see why White would be preferred. That said, listening to Tim Boon you would get the impression that all is rosy with the cricket side of things - he is clearly safe in his own bubble - for the time being.

Rain could save us a loss in this one.

Henderson got his 50th wicket today I think. I'll say it again, he has been brilliant this season and along with hoggy buck malik and naik have given us the best attack we've had for years

Glad we have the Twitter feed, as PA don't seem to have a clue what is happening and haven't updated anything since Leics declared

Leics 207-3; 25 overs left

66 needed off 66 balls. One day stuff. Given our one day record I'm not confident!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566