Speculation Waggy to the Saints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him. He was brought in to appease the fans by MM and has not really fitted in under either of the managers. I'm sure, given regular football, he'll be a good player in this league but not here.

If he is a decent player, and of that I'm still unsure, it's best for him that he moves on. He won't get many games here.

Moved out of his house several weeks ago and been living in the Marriott ever since.

Not really at any point does he say "I really want to stay here and play for Leicester for the rest of my career" ?

My fault for glaring daggers at him when he almost knocked my wifes head off with a wayward kick.

Strange how he's been denied so many games with us - I think he is a talented, young footballer.

Guaranteed to go to somewhere like Soton and get hat-fulls - including at least a double vs. us at some point, rather typically.

Probably about a year before the Speculation: Waggy to Return? thread appears, then.

Last edited:
I don't think Waghorn will be allowed to go anywhere before it is ascertained whether he will be required as 'part-exchange' for any new striker we may get.

Funny that the most important part of our puzzle is also the one that has been left untill last.

It's the most important part now because it is the only one left to complete. At the beginning of the summer, defence was more important and was dealt with.

No but it does say he's happy to fight for his place. Obviously a lie

It just indicates how a few select quotes from an interview can give the wrong impression. I recall listening to this interview on RL and his mood was very negative and pissed off. For example, he sarcastically stated that he was used to being on the bench because he'd not started a game since October.

My own interpretation of events is that Waggy was asked if he was prepared to move to Bristol City as part of the last Maynard bid. This was widely reported and his car was noticably the only players one in the club car park that day. This made it clear to him that he wasn't wanted. Bristol then reject the bid and this leaves him here but clearly a spare part. For a 21 year old lad who wants to play and needs confidence to perform, his recent performances are no surprise in this context. This also ties in with Sven's comments last night.

I also think that the links with clubs like Soton and Derby could be planted ones in order to ascertain an inflated value of him as he will be included in the imminent latest Maynard bid. An inflated valuation would help Bristol with their sell on percentage agreement for Maynard and may help the clubs to an agreement.

The most likely outcome is Maynard moving here and Waghorn going there. Both players would apparently welcome this. Waghorn will probably struggle for a while at Bristol before gaining confidence with support and games and eventually become a good Championship standard striker. Much like Hobbs, he's done nothing much wrong over the last year or so apart from being judged to be not good enough. I wish Waghorn well in the future, and understand that his application over the last few sub appearances doesn't accurately reflect the contribution to the club he made in his early days with us.

Last edited:
Hobbs looked like dog shit when I saw him against Blackpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566