Waghorn interested in extending loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waghorn gives us an alternative to Howard alongside Matty. I am a great admirer of Howard but he is an old fashioned centreforward which is the most punishing position to play. I think we need to accept that Howard has reached the stage where he cannot play every week. Clearly Nigel does not rate Kermogant highly enough to play him instead of Howeard and I expect he will be let go. The same seems true of Ajdarevic. The lesson of Kermogant and Ajdarevic is that if you cannot make up your mind about a trialist then he is not good enough.

Waghorn gives us an alternative to Howard alongside Matty. I am a great admirer of Howard but he is an old fashioned centreforward which is the most punishing position to play. I think we need to accept that Howard has reached the stage where he cannot play every week. Clearly Nigel does not rate Kermogant highly enough to play him instead of Howeard and I expect he will be let go. The same seems true of Ajdarevic. The lesson of Kermogant and Ajdarevic is that if you cannot make up your mind about a trialist then he is not good enough.

if its not broke then dont fix it. It would be a bit unfair too play either of them at the minute.

is he still here?

Get rid asap. I'm of the opinion that having too many options up front is the reason for the lack of a consistent starting 11. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's that much better than any of our other options.

Sorry guys - i just can't help but scratch my head at the negative 'moaning minnies' that seem to dominate this forum. Nathan wants to "get rid of Waghorn ASAP..."
it wasn't so many years ago we had the dubious pleasure of 'willing on' the likes of Trevor Benjamin

Waghorn is a class striker (forget age, forget inexperience, forget no physical presence), for this level, we should kiss LCFC managements ass for bringing the lad here.

Waghorn could well be a future England striker in the wayne Rooney mold. He (and Fryatt) created chances and threatened to score on many occassions toninght (QPR game) and Waghorn's winning goal against Reading was a brilliant header

To be joint top in our first season back, we should be giving the team & management 100% backing, but the majority on here seem to be looking for something to complain about. We're Leicester fans not w*nkers from Forest or Derby, and need to get back to being the best fans in the midlands. The generation I'm from says you stick together with your mates and get behind the team at every opportunity

The lesson of Kermogant and Ajdarevic is that if you cannot make up your mind about a trialist then he is not good enough.

Eh No.
As NP keeps saying - its a a squad game. Not every player in that squad is going to be a Wellens. I can see Kermogant playing a part this season. Ajdarevic is still a young lad. If NP and team thought that there's potential there and want to see if it developers then a short term contact is the way to do that.

To be joint top in our first season back, we should be giving the team & management 100% backing, but the majority on here seem to be looking for something to complain about. We're Leicester fans not w*nkers from Forest or Derby, and need to get back to being the best fans in the midlands. The generation I'm from says you stick together with your mates and get behind the team at every opportunity

:038::038:

Pearson is mixing it up properly this season and too good effect. This isnt in a Holloway style where you just pick anyone out of a hat, this is a calculated assesment before each game, picking players for particular games.

He picks horses for courses and it works. It is a squad game and Pearson is doing this to great effect.

The instant touch and turn in the second half had me drooling! The shot that was dragged wide at the end of the run was dissapointing but he definately has some potential. What are the chances of Waggy staying permenant? I can't see Sunderland playing him ahead of Bent, Jones, Healy etc.

Get rid asap. I'm of the opinion that having too many options up front is the reason for the lack of a consistent starting 11. I haven't seen anything to suggest he's that much better than any of our other options.

:icon_eek:

Words fail me.

Actually, no they dont. Waghorn is a 19 year old kid who has more potential than the rest of our strikers put together. Sunderland rate him extremely highly so i very much doubt he will be here too long, but to say get rid of him ASAP is just stupid.

Last edited:
I posted on a QPR forum just to say what a good game I thought it was and to which them well for the season as they clearly try to play football. The general concesus amongst their fans was that Waggy was excellent as was Fryatt. Much praise for Wellens on there too.

Both Waggy and Kermit's deals run out in January and I'd much rather Waggamamma stays.

Pearson is mixing it up properly this season and too good effect. This isnt in a Holloway style where you just pick anyone out of a hat, this is a calculated assesment before each game, picking players for particular games.

He picks horses for courses and it works. It is a squad game and Pearson is doing this to great effect.

I 100% agree with this post.

Last edited:
:icon_eek:

Words fail me.

Actually, no they dont. Waghorn is a 19 year old kid who has more potential than the rest of our strikers put together. Sunderland rate him extremely highly so i very much doubt he will be here too long, but to say get rid of him ASAP is just stupid.

Not sure he has more potential than Fryatt tbh, but yeah, anyone who thinks we should get rid is ludicrous, he looks well within his capibilities in the Championship and he's still only 19.

i think we will bid for him in January, although IMO we still need a "target striker ( a good younger Howard type)

You can wag my ho-o-orn, wag my horn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675