Waghorn to the Sheep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think the lad came back to the club at the worst possible time. I firmly believe that he will get back to his best and that all he needs is to play football.

Loaning him out would probally help our rivals but in the long term we could have an on form Waggers back.

He's only 19 (?), probally just needs to be loved!

He's 21 next week.

Steve Bruce laughed (and all the way to the bank) when we paid silly money for Waggy.

I'd accept half what we paid and wish him well.

Pearson's got loads of dosh but he obviously doesn't rate him at £3 million and preferred to take Fryatt.

Can we recall Waghorn for the play-offs?

Most loans would only last until the play-offs I believe anything beyond that is at the descretion of the club as it was with Campbell and the 'pool.

He does a different job to everyone in our team now.... If you need muscle we got Yakubu and Howard! Who can seriously put in pace ? Dyer perhaps ... But waghorn is also a class finisher. Give him time, I think it would be a mistake to sell him, especially for less than what we payed

Oh right, must have missed that. Could you please quote the source where SB claimed we paid 'silly money' and that he was laughing 'all the way to the bank'? Just so I can rest easily, safe in the knowledge that you're not posting complete bollocks.

Oh right, must have missed that. Could you please quote the source where SB claimed we paid 'silly money' and that he was laughing 'all the way to the bank'? Just so I can rest easily, safe in the knowledge that you're not posting complete bollocks.

He said it was an offer they couldn't turn down.

If a Premier League team receives an offer they can't down it must be silly money.

If Vassell can perform as well as Waggy did in our playoff run, particularly after Fryatt's injury in February, then we probably don't need him.

i think Waggy, The Yak and Dyer will literally scare the shit out of most defences in this league (not necessarily starting with Preston as we are away).
As Mark McGhee used to put it - in this league you need Pace, Power and Aggression.
I think we have that covered right now.
And Vassell, Howard and Gallagher can do there own passable impression of the aforementioned three.

If we did sell him, does that mean Sunderland only want £2m or is it £3m?

If we got offered £1.5m and only lost £500k it wouldn't be so bad.

Unless he does whatever is necessary to trigger the extra £1m (guess at appearances or goals) before he leaves then it would be just the £2m

Willlow, always wanted to exchange views with you so we could admire our avatars or whatever they are called...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00