Wales v England

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has King touched the ball yet?

King has been pretty anonymous but Wales haven't really had enough of the ball for him to have much of a chance! He's been stuck first in a quite wide left midfield role then was moved across to the right and really hasn't got involved.

Poor king looked like little boy lost out on the left - why on earth would speed ever think it was a good idea to play him there!? Bit better since moving to the right

Wales are terrible though. Morison looks like a pub player which puts into perspective when you think how many problems he caused us this season

Not been watching, but great news to hear that King is looking anonymous, the further off the radar he stays in this game after the speculation a few weeks back, the better.

Last edited:
Although it's thin pickings for the Taffs, Kingy's their best attacking option so far this half .... now he's been subbed. Oh, dear. I'm going to watch the egg-chasers.

Last edited:
I've watched the match and, albeit he's just skyed a shot high over the bar, Jack Wilshire is absolute class. For a 19 year old he stands out a mile at times.

I think (stream froze at the vital moment) he had one shot wide, apart from that barely noticeable.

For the ten minutes before he was subbed it looked like Wales were trying to capitalise on his runs to the box, and he had the one effort over the bar. So for King it was bad timing to be subbed but I too was quite pleased he won't have attracted much attention

I've watched the match and, albeit he's just skyed a shot high over the bar, Jack Wilshire is absolute class. For a 19 year old he stands out a mile at times.

He was a class above, he was just dancing round with the ball at his feet. When Gerrard is back it would be a travesty to leave Wilshere out

He was a class above, he was just dancing round with the ball at his feet. When Gerrard is back it would be a travesty to leave Wilshere out

IIRC Capello has said he wants to build the team around Wilshire.

For the ten minutes before he was subbed it looked like Wales were trying to capitalise on his runs to the box, and he had the one effort over the bar. So for King it was bad timing to be subbed but I too was quite pleased he won't have attracted much attention

Those were my thoughts exactly. There was a period in the second half where King, Ramsey, and Bellamy really looked like they were going places.

There was one moment where King really should have run into the box but instead he just stood and let Ramsey have a rubbish shot. I found that quite a frustrating moment. It was at that point I realised I was actually supporting Wales, and had been all along.

It was at that point I realised I was actually supporting Wales, and had been all along.

If I'd have watched it I'd have probably felt the same. I enjoy supporting England in the WCs and Euros finals, but I cannot get enthused about the qualifiers or the friendlies in even the slightest bit. They just bore me and I always just seem like annoying breaks in the club season to me.

I have a lot more attachment to King than any of the England players and my want to see him do well would outweigh my want to see England do well (even though I am glad that he didn't make much of a name for himself from our point of view, in my heart I still have this undying want for him (quote that!) to do well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670