Walsall 1 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot comment on the match as I was not there. However, I don't think it is an easy league. In other years I think both MK Dons and Millwall would be worthy of automatic promotion. It is not that the league is easy but that we are extraordinarily good. NP has brought in a number of players who are too good for this division. He has also taken a team with eight new players and turned them into a real team.
The most remarkable thing has been NPs response to injury: Mattock gets injured and he brings in Berner, Gilbert gets injured and he brings in Edworthy and worst of all Tunchev gets injured and he brings in Brown. That is remarkably good management.
One question to thole who were there: how did Cleverley play?

Good post. Not only that but our side wasn't actually THAT bad last season (cue abuse). We underperformed massively and there were things severely wrong with the club - don't get me wrong. But even so our points total - 52 - was extraordinarily big for a relegated club - you have to look back to 1996 to see the last time a team got relegated with such a high total.

42 points from 16 games (13 wins and 3 draws) must be some kind of record for City.

Fantastic stuff.

This will really give us some momentum as we go in to next season (as long as we keep it up). Promotion, although not mathematically sealed, is a done deal.

8 wins and 1 draw from the last 17 games should be enough to secure promotion now (as a maximum).

That is a great position to be in, but we need to keep the momentum up.

I don't think it is an easy league
Evidence points to the contrary, we're pissing it.

We will only know how shit this league is next season if we have the same players, same manager and we're playing in a higher division.

I can only judge on what I see before me, and that is shit teams playing shit football and getting destroyed by what has been until recently, a laughing stock of a football club.

Its pretty much supraising to see Leicester do so well, 4-1 is a very good scoreline considering the weather and what the pitch could have been in, great work from the warsall staff but even by the leicester players,

one more step closer to promotion, well done to the lads and well done to all the guys/girls that went to the game and froze there arse off!!!

I'm pretty sure once we get promoted that NP and Milan will try tie down deals for Gilbert, Hobbs, Martin.

Good post. Not only that but our side wasn't actually THAT bad last season (cue abuse).

I would agree with you. problem with the team last season was that they were a collection of players and not a 'team' and there was far far to many of them!

We had a good players last season and we have some good players now. Difference is they have gelled as a unit this time round and learnt how to win plus we dont have someone arriving every two minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you not getting him confused with Mattock!
i wouldn't be surprised if about 13 of our players/loanees are having tabs kept on them. king, mattock, fryatt, dyer, gilbert, morisson, hobbs, tunchev, kisnorbo (when fit), Brown, Martin, Gradel, Berner. All championship capability. Some premiership squad players of the future.

Yes ....our Premiership Squad in the near future...:038::038::038:

106 points is the league record from Reading 2005/06. If we can break that then Pearson should be knighted for the turnaround job he's done, they should put a phoenix on our away shirt next year, give him a ten year contract, and name a stand after him.

Then when he doesn't repeat this season in the Championship half of them will want him out by October

Andy andy andy andy King, andy andy andy andy King

There you go, a song for King ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
Andy is a welshman, he wears a welshmans hat
He lives next door to fryatt, in his council flat
He scores em with his left foot, he scores em with his right
and when we plays Walsall he scores all ****ing night.

... and repeat for a whole 90minutes solid like we did once in the 90's.

I'm annoyed they conceded a goal. And that they took their foot off the pedal. Could've easily been at least two more goals and it wouldn't have been a harsh scoreline..

Can't wait to see your votes for this one.

Harshest voter ever?

:icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673