Walsall 1 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty much supraising to see Leicester do so well, 4-1 is a very good scoreline considering the weather and what the pitch could have been in, great work from the warsall staff but even by the leicester players,

one more step closer to promotion, well done to the lads and well done to all the guys/girls that went to the game and froze there arse off!!!

I'm pretty sure once we get promoted that NP and Milan will try tie down deals for Gilbert, Hobbs, Martin.

Not sure how true it is, but i've been told the club has agreed a fee with Liverpool for Hobbs, it's now down to him if he wants to move at the end of the season. Not sure about the other two, but I wouldn't be unhappy to see Gilbert stay with us. And I don't think he'll be getting into the Arsenal 1st team in the next couple of seasons. So why not move and get first team football ( if NP wants him that is!)

Last edited:
Good game good game. My only criticism is that we took our foot off the gas in last half hour and conceded. it frustrates me when they sit back when comfortable. i wish they'd really stuff a team one day. they could of if they'd kept the foot on the pedal.

All in all though it was a good performance and we never even looked like we were out of first gear. they were just shit.

Cleverly was MOTM, Howard was almost as good and won loads in the air, oakley was his usual solid self, king was better. Hobbs and Morrison looked solid again and am not overly worried now that were left with them two. Dyer was crap, mattock and gilbert steady and fryatt worked hard and chased. brown looked steady when he came on. dickov looked ok and berner was fine

good songs, good banter with their keeper who joined in and a cracking snowball fight at the end. started with a right side v left side fight which then turned into a pummelling for the stewards when they tried to stop it.

also can we have more of their pubs over our way please. walked into the myvod inn and it was £2.30 for a pint of keith weller and £3.79 for an 8oz rump steak and chips. Quite cracking really.

I was expecting a far tougher match than the one we got last night. On the way there we were saying that, because Walsall had beaten Leeds at the weekend that we expected them to give us a run for our money. The truth was that they never looked like beating us.

I think Leicester a a much better team than people, including some City fans, give us credit for. We are the best team in this league by a mile and the fact that we are the biggest attraction for all of the other teams (including Leeds) makes our achievements so far even more creditable, in my opinion.

Last night was the first time I had seen Cleverley and I thought he was fantastic. He chased, got stuck in and played some lovely stuff with Oakley and King. Fryatt and Howard found themselves in a lot of space and I swear I seen Howard break through a couple of times (although it was cold and I may have been seeing things).

The back four look capable of soaking up pressure and I enjoyed seeing some short passing out from the back. They all look comfortable on the ball. Dyer was a bit disappointing and I noticed he copped a gob full from Mattock a couple of times - good lad Joe!

All in all a really good win on a shit cold night in a shit cold place, it would have been easy to have gotten complacent.

Oh and the pies at the ground were marvellous, full to the brim with meat. Normally I can warm my hands in the empty pies at The Walkers.

I was expecting a far tougher match than the one we got last night. On the way there we were saying that, because Walsall had beaten Leeds at the weekend that we expected them to give us a run for our money. The truth was that they never looked like beating us.

I think Leicester a a much better team than people, including some City fans, give us credit for. We are the best team in this league by a mile and the fact that we are the biggest attraction for all of the other teams (including Leeds) makes our achievements so far even more creditable, in my opinion.

Last night was the first time I had seen Cleverley and I thought he was fantastic. He chased, got stuck in and played some lovely stuff with Oakley and King. Fryatt and Howard found themselves in a lot of space and I swear I seen Howard break through a couple of times (although it was cold and I may have been seeing things).

The back four look capable of soaking up pressure and I enjoyed seeing some short passing out from the back. They all look comfortable on the ball. Dyer was a bit disappointing and I noticed he copped a gob full from Mattock a couple of times - good lad Joe!

All in all a really good win on a shit cold night in a shit cold place, it would have been easy to have gotten complacent.

Oh and the pies at the ground were marvellous, full to the brim with meat. Normally I can warm my hands in the empty pies at The Walkers.

it was a good night :102::icon_bigg:icon_wink

Dyer was a bit disappointing and I noticed he copped a gob full from Mattock a couple of times - good lad Joe!

From afar it seems Dyer has been disappointing for weeks - do regulars think this is a short-term slump, and can he make it in the championship?

From afar it seems Dyer has been disappointing for weeks - do regulars think this is a short-term slump, and can he make it in the championship?

Disappointing is probably the wrong word, he has not hit the heights of his early season form but has done what a winger needs to do in most games.
As for the championship, see my post in the King thread, the midfield for me needs a re-vamp in the summer if we are to compete at that level.

apart from the fact we had ****in rent a song behind us :icon_roll:icon_lol:

Aye, David Brent-esque football fan he was. Utter noblot.

His celebration for Howard's goal was fecking hilarious though - trying to do an impression of a monkey at Twycross Zoo. Nearly as hilarious as him eating a Steak Pie at HT, it nearly went down your back as he struggled to keep hold it's contents in it's pastry case.

Also that numpty who was proper into the game and just stood alone causing everyone to stand up.

Quite strange was the 15 Asian Lads we bumped into outside McDonalds, all necking Cider and eating Big Mac's with City stuff on. Unsurpringsly we were positioned to them and they couldn't hold a tune at all.

I'm pretty sure once we get promoted that NP and Milan will try tie down deals for Gilbert, Hobbs, Martin.

These are loan players we managed tgo get when we are in League One. Just think what players we can borrow when we are Championship.
I hope that by next season we will have got some more of the deadwood off the payroll - Levi, Sappleton and DJ. I really think that Dickov and Hayles are no longer Championship players. The question is who will be brought in to replace them. With Steve Walsh's eye for a player and NPs ability to gel a team together I am really optimistic.

These are loan players we managed tgo get when we are in League One. Just think what players we can borrow when we are Championship.
I hope that by next season we will have got some more of the deadwood off the payroll - Levi, Sappleton and DJ. I really think that Dickov and Hayles are no longer Championship players. The question is who will be brought in to replace them. With Steve Walsh's eye for a player and NPs ability to gel a team together I am really optimistic.

I really wouldn't consider DJ as 'deadwood'.

He's a player whos proving himself with another team in a division above us - why oh why would we want to get rid of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566