Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't said that he doesn't care about football though, has he? It's the degree of caring after last season that is the issue. And no, he's not insane either.

I'm not sure if he actually said he doesn't care about football - he might have and I can't be bothered to look back - he inferred that he doesn't care about football when he said he doesn't watch any other games (and not even some of the City ones). I didn't claim he was insane, Did I?

I'd agree with BN that he's illogical.

As much as other people may have thought so last year, we were never just a kick and rush team. We played it round smartly. We played good, quick passing, worked the ball through, then when the space opened we played quickly and directly but not just pumping it long. That's not happening at the minute from what I've seen recently

This is what I was trying to say earlier. We're pumping long balls up as opposed to the through balls or occasional balls over the top and we've stopped passing the ball forward quickly preferring to play it backwards. I couldn't believe how many times today that the ball was played back to Huth as though he was Franz Beckenbauer.

It makes me think that a lot of our players are not very bright. they've listened to what the media thought we were doing and are doing that whilst wanting to play Klopp/mancity ball and have our centrebacks passing the ball up. We aren't made for that. Huth and Wes are no nonsense clear it players.

****ing hell. It's all getting a bit ' existential crisis ' in here.

So **** it, I may as well sling my 2p worth in.

I felt kind of similarly to Lee at the start of the season. But it's gone now. The reason is pretty simple. I've been a City fan for 41 years & that wouldn't be the case if i didn't have an emotional attachment to the team & club. They are MY ****ing team. Despite the fact that the modern game puts more & more distance between us. As such I get ****ing angry when they play like tossers & let me down. I get even angrier when I read comments on the net from knuckledragging wankstain fans of other clubs along the lines of " told you they were shit" "see...just got lucky" & other such bollocks. I get especially angry when we fail to turn up against garbage like Watford that we should be beating without undue fuss.

& I get madly over the top angry at the complete ****ing mess we've made of the greatest opportunity we've ever had to finally kick this club on to the higher level that a team from a city this size with only one team should be able to reach.

I don't like humiliation in short. & if the club contains players who are OK with it they can **** right off in January regardless of what they achieved last season.

I don't have much on tonight. :D

But yes, that's what I'm saying. I'll be attending for the rest of the season to see whether I can get some enthusiasm back for it. If not I'll not renew and probably spend the money on an extra weekend away with the missus each year.

Then fair enough. I'm actually sorry for you even though I don't need to be because you are happy and you'll be a much more productive human being doing something else with your family next year.

Now, I can understand the sentiments of give_us_a_wave.

. I didn't claim he was insane, Did I?

I'd agree with BN that he's illogical.
No you didn't. BN sort of did.

I still enjoy the game itself, of course. A great match is a great match. I'll never tire of international tournaments. But the priority I give to outcomes is lower than it was before last season. But not deriving the same pleasure from something (anything) after experiencing an incredible high is entirely normal.
Understandable, I'd say.

It's even more annoying when spurs get 2 late goals from Kane to win and double our points total after 12 games.

We're averaging 1pt a game girls.

It's even more annoying when spurs get 2 late goals from Kane to win and double our points total after 12 games.

We're averaging 1pt a game girls.
Will 38 points be enough this season?

No you didn't. BN sort of did.

Understandable, I'd say.

Doesn't stop you from trying. Or shouldn't. I had the best sex of my life between 1998 & 2001. Not been as good since. But I live in hope & soldier on.

Doesn't stop you from trying. Or shouldn't. I had the best sex of my life between 1998 & 2001. Not been as good since. But I live in hope & soldier on.

That was one long ****!

You should maybe try a different type of sex.

TBH we did merit a point. Both sides were equally shit.

Almost as bad is Claudio thinks it was a good performance... Oh dear?

TBH we did merit a point. Both sides were equally shit.

Whilst Watford weren't great, I disagree that we merited a point. Should have been 3-1 if they didn't miss that sitter.

Whilst Watford weren't great, I disagree that we merited a point. Should have been 3-1 if they didn't miss that sitter.

We had about the same number of shots and shots on target. We had some good balls put into the box without anyone around to do anything. imo we looked as dangerous as they did - not very. I wasn't worried that they'd actually score very often. They were poor. I may be a blue mongie but I still don't believe that we're as bad as the 12pts from 12 seems. There are so many average/poor teams that sorting our mental problems out should still see us make top 8.

Eighty posts in, and not a single player rating in sight

This place has gone right down the shitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673