Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't too many easy ways to describe footballing emotions. But empty is about the only appropriate word I can muster at this stage, four hours from full time later.

I don't blame Knockaert. The penalty was poor, yes, but how many times do you see those go in? It's easy to say now but I was never confident from the moment Oliver pointed, eventually, to that spot. It felt like an eternity.

But I can't get that rebound out of my head. That fucking rebound. Twelve yards is hard enough, but that moment had gone. Four yards? That rebound. It was there, Wembley literally before our eyes. Having not seen it again I don't know how much you can praise Almunia any more, but I can't erase it.

It's only sinking in now really. There are too many coincidental events to comprehend. We were beaten by a better side today - but of course, none of that matters an ounce when you're a penalty away from the final.

In time we'll get over it. At the pub I was all for the optimism of next season. But no matter how you look at it, this one is a bitter pill to swallow.

Why why why why why why didn't Nugent take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This ridiculous attitude has pissed me off all afternoon. Are you seriously telling me that Knocky should not be capable of scoring from 12 ****ing yards?

Even if Morgan took it he should score. Penalties have pissed me off all season from Premiership down. How these players don't understand that if you hit the corners they are massively likely to score is beyond me, if you put it in the bottom corner and the keeper saves then fair play to the keeper, if you hit it down the middle third of the goal then expect to miss.

Every outfield player in this league should be able to score a peon, simple.

Last edited:
This ridiculous attitude has pissed me off all afternoon. Are you seriously telling me that Knocky should not be capable of scoring from 12 ****ing yards?

Even if Morgan took it he should score. Penalties have pissed me off all season from Premiership down. How these players don't understand that if you hit the corners they are massively likely to score is beyond me, if you put it in the bottom corner and the keeper saves then fair play to the keeper, if you hit it down the middle third of the goal then expect to miss.

Ever watched England?

I've calmed down now & cleared up the broken glass.But I'm going to be running that 30 seconds back through my mind many times from now til August.
The worst part for me was that I have a mate who's a Brentford fan.3 weeks ago I rang him after the Donny game to commiserate,saying "I can't begin to imagine what that must feel like" I don't have to ****ing imagine now.& the worst part is that Brentford have now got the chance to put it right,we haven't.So after thinking it must have been the worst experience possible for a football fan,I now find out that it wasn't.This is.

I guess you learn something new every day.

Anyway...looking at the big picture...3 shots on target in 98 minutes is ****ing shite in any game let alone your biggest of the season.We were played off the park 2nd half to be honest.

Oh...& we need top 2 next season.If we don't then I believe we'll get done by a late winner in the playoffs.By Beckford for Bolton.

Last edited:
We were beaten by a better side today - but of course, none of that matters an ounce when you're a penalty away from the final.

I try to console myself in the knowledge that in most other seasons we probably wouldn't have won at Forest and even if we had, how on earth could a team like Blackpool, with nothing to play for, have got a result at a team like Bolton who were at home and had a playoff place totally in their grasp. By rights, it probably shouldn't have happened like that for us......

But damn it, it did. The footballing Gods looked on us favourably on the final day of the regular season and just as a weird set of happenings got us into the playoffs then so a bizarre chain of events knocked us out today.

My only other consolation is that we probably aren't really ready for the top league yet. But again, damn it, so near and yet so far.....

As for the Watford fans who, upon confirming your place in the play-off final decide it best to goad the away fans as your first reaction, I hope you all get hit by a bus. All I wanted was for the police to let those dogs off their leashes. F*cking cretins.

...My only other consolation is that we probably aren't really ready for the top league yet. But again, damn it, so near and yet so far.....

I agree we aren't ready.But then these days i don't think any Championship team is ready for it.You have to more or less rebuild your side after you go up.Even if it only needs 2 or 3 players to make the difference they need to be high quality.We'd need a hell of a lot more than 2 or 3 considering how small the squad is.

As for the Watford fans who, upon confirming your place in the play-off final decide it best to goad the away fans as your first reaction, I hope you all get hit by a bus. All I wanted was for the police to let those dogs off their leashes. F*cking cretins.

Erm...been a football fan long have you? :icon_bigg

I think you are missing the point. He was probably the least appropriate player to take a penalty at that moment. He had been injured a few minutes before, was breathing very heavily and was not at all composed. Having just been brought down I doubt he was in the right emotional state to take it. Not his fault though. I blame NP.

I think you are missing the point. He was probably the least appropriate player to take a penalty at that moment. He had been injured a few minutes before, was breathing very heavily and was not at all composed. Having just been brought down I doubt he was in the right emotional state to take it. Not his fault though. I blame NP.

I think it's fairly obvious he wasn't the designated penalty taker, but took it upon himself to do so. How you can blame anyone but him for that is beyond me.

I think it's fairly obvious he wasn't the designated penalty taker, but took it upon himself to do so. How you can blame anyone but him for that is beyond me.

Dyer wasn't allowed to take the pen in the League Cup final, because the manager intervened

To all you pearson lover's say goodbye to Nigel Pearson and here are the reason's why he will go.
1) gave the game to Watford by substituting chris woods with Harry Kane
2) Totally inept in getting a team out of the champsionship and will always be a championship manager.
3) When Knockart got the penalty why did'nt David Nugent take it because he has scored 8 out 10 against Watford.
4) I hope that french b*****d never puts on another Leicester shirt again.
5) Big summer for the owners and Kasper schmeichel could be on his way.
6) Watford second goal our defence is like a polo with a hole in it.

PEARSON OUT

To all you pearson lover's say goodbye to Nigel Pearson and here are the reason's why he will go.
2) Totally inept in getting a team out of the champsionship and will always be a championship manager.
3) When Knockart got the penalty why did'nt David Nugent take it because he has scored 8 out 10 against Watford.

PEARSON OUT
entertaining reading. I especially enjoy reason no 4 as for why NP has to go

PEARSON OUT

What a load of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572