Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet managed to get a very average Hull into the top six hinting at auto promotion. Do another. Rome wasn't built in a day you reactive call-in wanker.

Wow, you wont find people like that posting on here.... :icon_conf

And Matt to continue our exchange.

''Well we're 12th so nearly as shit, so should not be expecting to beat them so easily. The history of the club means nothing. Our team this year has performed barely any better than them over half a season, to expect us to be streets ahead today is at best naive''

I don't debate that we are not nearly as shit, I don't expect to beat anyone and I don't count history (as I said I have seen Watford live three times and they looked poor hence the opnion). I didn't say I expect us to be streets ahead. However if according to Gallagher "If we want to get into the play-offs we have to roll up our sleeves and go out and give it everything,"....then you don't give a side positioned 15th three goals. Surely you see the annoyance or do you just enjoy your current role as anti-fan?

Another game where Ledger and Mills barely concede a goal, Bamba might as well stay in Africa.

Absolute bollocks to go to Watford and score 2 goals and still lose.

Right I'm feeling better now. We'll win saturday and everyone will be optimistic again. :)

It's hardly a surprise that we're inconsistent.

Schmeichel, Peltier, Mills, St. Ledger, Konchesky, Morgan, Drinkwater, Marshall, Nugent, Danns, Beckford and NP were all at other clubs this time last year.

Sometimes you have to accept that a season is about rebuilding. This time last year we were dependent on loan signings. At least we can reasonably hope that most of the above will still be here in August.

If we're intelligent about adding and ditching, we could piss this league next year.

Schmeichel, Peltier, Mills, St. Ledger, Konchesky, Morgan, Drinkwater, Marshall, Nugent, Danns, Beckford and NP were all at other clubs this time last year.

Sometimes you have to accept that a season is about rebuilding. This time last year we were dependent on loan signings. At least we can reasonably hope that most of the above will still be here in August.

If we're intelligent about adding and ditching, we could piss this league next year.

We'll have none of that optimism on here thank you! :)

Play offs have been a forlorn hope for some time - so tonight means little in that respect.

It was right to replace Sven with Pearson but have things really improved since Sven went - league table suggests not.

Last season we had an unsustainable dependency on loanees. This season we have slipped backwards and are significantly worse than in 2009/10.

Lots of hard work to be done to get organised and be harder to beat in the middle of the pitch. Pearson is well paid to sort it out but all this talk every season about promotion seems to be getting in the way. Its like we've all forgot that we have to play decent consistent football before we can expect to have a chance of going up.

If that guy is reading this - you're an absolute fecking tool.

To pick just one of the many holes in his incredibly critical argument - he kept saying "Irrelevant of Sven. Irrelevant of Sven."

Nigel Pearson is currently operating (mostly) a squad Sven built?

How on Earth can you blame this season's failings on Pearson, when his only influence on this squad was a notoriously pressurised and price-inflated January transfer window?

Very true, I didn't want Pearson appointed when Sven left but like **** do we need another manager coming in and attempting to build a new squad in the summer. We've got some good players and some shite players. Add a few decent ones in the summer and we'll hopefully have a chance next season.

Precisely, concentrate on keeping the core of the squad, ship out the deadwood, and add one or two players in the summer.

Whatever we do though, we definitely do not want another manager change!!

It was right to replace Sven with Pearson but have things really improved since Sven went - league table suggests not.

I see with my own eyes a vast improvement in organisation (thought it appears not today), it's attitude which Pearson is trying to alter. It's working for some (Beckford) but clearly not others (Mills). I know it's 'what if' but I reckon we'd probably be near the playoffs under Sven. However, it would mean **** all in the end as we wouldn't reach the top 6. Sven pampered, Pearson demands and neither tactics works with the arrogance of the collection of players.

Yep.

Beckford, St Ledger, Mills and Danns have all improved massively under Pearson. Drinkwater looks a great signing. We're playing much better. Schmeichel and Nugent are top players in this league.

Keep this team together (which is my concern) and add 3/4 more quality players in the summer and we'll be up there next season. Just got to keep building partnerships this season - Nuge and Becks seem to have clicked now.

Will Pearson try the "intimitate the post match" reporter trick again.
Out by Xmas
Hull don"t want him back

If we're intelligent we'll learn that it'sextremely difficult to get promotion from this league. Lots of very competitive sides with not that much to choose amongst them. The good thing about Pearson is that he is grounded in realism and will know he faces a very tough challenge getting us fit for purpose for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669