Watford Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
at least its going to be a sunny day tomorrow to cheer me up, i'm off to sunderland. we have to stop cheering dublin though, seriously its doing no good to the team!!

I'll give you a lift back to Scotland if you want Levein! They at least you can say you got something out of Leicester.

Last edited:
Just got back from the game and I'm posting this before reading the thread, so forgive me if I duplicate...

Im' not going to waffle about the Dublin miss, we all know he's too old, slow and does nothing, but it does highlight my first point. Smith was not looking tired or injured and was playing very well, why for fecks sake sub him with 8 minutes left?! CL made some very bad decisions today, did he think Dublin was going to come on and suddenly start banging them in?

Second gripe, let's not forget before CL starts banging on about the scoring situation resolved, we had a lucky first goal (which both strikers missed!) and a penalty, other than that and Dublins miss we didn't look like scoring much still.

My main concern, and this is deadly serious, is Maybury. He started on the left and looked weak, so CL switched him and Stearman?! Was this to protect his golden boy from lloking out of place!? Maybury was at (mainly) fault for both goals, he missed the ball forcing Paddy into a rash challenge on the first, and for the second, whilst Douglas played a shocking ball 6 minutes from time (give henderson a chance) maybury was nowehere near his man. He has been playing at 4/10 all season, yet Johannson is dropped?!

Also Sylla and Kisnorbo had shockers

I'm sorry for being pessimistic, but it's bad enough when teams beat us by playing better, but when we finally sneak 2 goals in a game and then the keeper fecks up like that and we beat ourselves it makes me angry.

IMO douglas, maybury, kisnorbo and sylla should be dropped on tonights performance.

CL has done it with Williams and Johannson but does he have the guts to drop his golden boys for shocking performances?

todays game sums up what the issue is. watford are 3rd, a draw with them should be good, the main problem is that our players can only show their potential class when playing the strongest line up. and unfortunately for whatever reason levein can't see that it isnt with dublin upfront, or hammond.

I didn't listen tonight,just a bit bored with it all.Conceeded 2 goals and thats what happens when you feck about with a Defensive Unit that was doing OK,there was absolutely no need to change the defence tonight.

highland fox said:
I didn't listen tonight,just a bit bored with it all.Conceeded 2 goals and thats what happens when you feck about with a Defensive Unit that was doing OK,there was absolutely no need to change the defence tonight.

he's been watching sir alex last weekend, and realises that all managers have the right to stamp autority over players that give a shit while protecting ones that dont

One other thing............how the feck does Elvis Hammond get the nod to start over Ian Hume?Hammond along witk the Old Joke that is Dion Dublin should be playing in the Reserves.

dublin is a fans favourite, for whatever reason.......i cant see it myself, he is feckin useless. he sometimes runs off for the ball to put it down for their goalkeeper when the opposition are time wasting, so why not make him ball boy and put someone else on the field in his place?

fitz said:
dublin is a fans favourite, for whatever reason.......i cant see it myself, he is feckin useless. he sometimes runs off for the ball to put it down for their goalkeeper when the opposition are time wasting, so why not make him ball boy and put someone else on the field in his place?

Its because he's a 'Local Leicester Lad' Fitz and because of that to some he can do no wrong.The fact is he is totally Shite and doesn't give two fecks about this Club ,the only person Dion Dublin cares about is..Dion Dublin.

How the hell did we not win that match. CL subs were not the best tonight. I cannot believe the starting XI as well. Please what the hell does he see in Kisnorbo, he is so limited as a footballer. He can't pass, hes slow and he shouldn't be playing. Hammond also IMO shouldn't be playing, he can't shoot and was offside so many times tonight.
Plus points i thought Joey was great tonight and not just cos he scored twice. Stearman, Gerrbrand and Mccarthy looked solid at the back. He's got to sort out the left back position, why did stearman and Maybury swap?

We're shite, when will you all realise it?

my summary of tonight, simply not good enough.

spot on I reckon MK.

highland fox said:

Likewise H, i try to remain positive about Levein but even i am starting to feel that we are 'owed' one by the players and the management. I have never known myself to have such apathy towards my football club. Didn't listen to the radio commentry tonight, couldn't even be bothered to follow on sky sports. I still want to give Levein every chance and would hope that by the end of the season we are moving forward with both him and the team in general. Somewhere he's got to find the spark, because the lame and tiresome excuses will not appease me and many others for too much longer. IMO 3 consecutive poor seasons will have the fans turning the backs on the club, and in many ways the evidence is already there with the declining crowds. A 2-2 draw against the team in 3rd is not a disaster, but playing on your own patch against 10men is 2pts lost and also demoralizing

Brauny Blue said:
Likewise H, i try to remain positive about Levein but even i am starting to feel that we are 'owed' one by the players and the management. I have never known myself to have such apathy towards my football club. Didn't listen to the radio commentry tonight, couldn't even be bothered to follow on sky sports. I still want to give Levein every chance and would hope that by the end of the season we are moving forward with both him and the team in general. Somewhere he's got to find the spark, because the lame and tiresome excuses will not appease me and many others for too much longer. IMO 3 consecutive poor seasons will have the fans turning the backs on the club, and in many ways the evidence is already there with the declining crowds. A 2-2 draw against the team in 3rd is not a disaster, but playing on your own patch against 10men is 2pts lost and also demoralizing

pretty much spot on brauny. im a season ticket holder and am begining to feel the same.

beighton155 said:
Just got back from the game and I'm posting this before reading the thread, so forgive me if I duplicate...

Im' not going to waffle about the Dublin miss, we all know he's too old, slow and does nothing, but it does highlight my first point. Smith was not looking tired or injured and was playing very well, why for fecks sake sub him with 8 minutes left?! CL made some very bad decisions today, did he think Dublin was going to come on and suddenly start banging them in?

Second gripe, let's not forget before CL starts banging on about the scoring situation resolved, we had a lucky first goal (which both strikers missed!) and a penalty, other than that and Dublins miss we didn't look like scoring much still.

My main concern, and this is deadly serious, is Maybury. He started on the left and looked weak, so CL switched him and Stearman?! Was this to protect his golden boy from lloking out of place!? Maybury was at (mainly) fault for both goals, he missed the ball forcing Paddy into a rash challenge on the first, and for the second, whilst Douglas played a shocking ball 6 minutes from time (give henderson a chance) maybury was nowehere near his man. He has been playing at 4/10 all season, yet Johannson is dropped?!

Also Sylla and Kisnorbo had shockers

I'm sorry for being pessimistic, but it's bad enough when teams beat us by playing better, but when we finally sneak 2 goals in a game and then the keeper fecks up like that and we beat ourselves it makes me angry.

IMO douglas, maybury, kisnorbo and sylla should be dropped on tonights performance.

CL has done it with Williams and Johannson but does he have the guts to drop his golden boys for shocking performances?

You got it right there, why can't CL see what 20,000 other do! Im starting to have some serious doubts about this guy, and his backroom staff!

I dont honestly see why we should give CL any more time.CL is negative biased in selection and tactically nieve.
He is a mistake that the board should own and do something about.
Crowds are plummeting, the football is dire.(Its amazing how we all get conned into thinking its ok and we are unlucky )its crap. A poor side in a very poor league.
We are not sowing any seeds for future dev we are going backwards. MAs record was better and that is sad.
C'mon CL do the decent thing go
Any please taker Kisnorbo and Douglas with you!

I had the misfortunate to attend last night's proceedings yet again, and as a season ticket holder I have now reached a point where something has to change. I have supported Levein and tried to give him time, but last night was the straw that broke the camels back.

1) Another shocking team selection - how can he justify making 2 changes to the defence, when all that was required was to select an out and out left back. We then lost the defensive stability.

2) Following saturdays performance, how can Sylla still retain a starting place

3) Kisnorbo has been very ordinary if not poor over the past 5 to 6 games, his reward he is made captain.

4) 2 defensive midfielders in the centre for a home match.

5) Hammond selected instead of Hume - disgraceful decision.

6) Negative tactics, even though we scored twice, our attacking play was no better than it has been for a number of weeks yet apparently we have been working hard on the training for past 2 weeks.

7) Shocking substitutions all negative, when we should and could have gone out to kill the game off and win comfortably against 10 men.

He reminds me of Adams, stubborn in his tactics, very negative, we get a lead then proceed to sit back and defend even against 10 men, his use of substitutions are terrible. And he definately has his favourites and this IMO is to the detriment of our club. I have lost paitence, I have attended around 80% of the games this season (Home and away) and I am afraid we are going backwards.

We have a squad that contains some decent players but I feel Levein is not the man to get the best out of them, I am afraid now has come the time for change, I am not fickle, I care passionately about our club and it is killing me to sit and watch our club die. We have to make a change before it is too late.

Our 50th left back of the season.

Ridiculous defensive changes.

Ridiculous team selection.

Ridiculous substitutions.

Kisnorbo's 'passing'

Sylla's 'commitment'

Douglas.

Dublin's 'finishing'

Losing a lead to 10 men.

Another draw.

Tiny crowd.

Dozens of season ticket holders missing from my section of the ground alone.

16th in the league.

3 points from relegation zone.

Levein - 'looking on the bright side' :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675