Watford Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that ironic, or bad luck? Shall we have a real debate about irony Melts? You know, man to man? Rain on your wedding day is not ironic on it's own; unless you were marrying someone called Letit Rain in Rainy Chapel, Pouritdownton.

I think it's quite Ironic that somebody could pen a song about irony that contains absolutely no irony at all.
It's genius really.

Is that ironic, or bad luck? Shall we have a real debate about irony Melts? You know, man to man? Rain on your wedding day is not ironic on it's own; unless you were marrying someone called Letit Rain in Rainy Chapel, Pouritdownton.
The lyrics to that song are all about bad luck, not irony. I only used it as a reference point.

I don't wish to partake in a debate about irony, don't you think?

The lyrics to that song are all about bad luck, not irony. I only used it as a reference point.

Ironic..................

First game ive seen this season after missing the first few weeks because i was on holiday thought we were class today the players all look realy fit worked hard all game. suprised me to see sheehan on the left of midfield but he impressed me got a few tackles in and a good strike with his left foot. we showed we can pass the ball about and get stuck in when we need to which was positive.

thought the crowd was brilliant today aswell.

thought the crowd was brilliant today aswell.

Only 22 000, 5000 down on Blackpool. Hopefully two good results against F*rest and Plymouth will have the fair-weather supporters streaming back through the turnstiles!

If we got 6 or 7 bookings is that an automatic fine for the club? Thought the referee was a disgrace. The only thing he got right was a couple 'advantages' he waved on for us. Rest of the time he lost the plot. Let the 'handbags' get out of control instead of physically getting in quick to take control.

Funnily nuff, was only talking to a fellow journo yesterday about how the US doesn't understand irony, and we both used Alanis Morisette as our yardstick.
Fortunately, anyone accessing these boards is going to get a true view of what irony actually is.
I still haven't stopped laffing at sex in the wild and the pandas in the driveway. That's the best performance from this board I've seen in 3 years (apart from Joe Fox and Malf). Thanks to all of you who made the world laff, because I copied and pasted the panda stuff to my mates across the globe.
Brill and British....and thanks. :)

Quick question... what happened to Cort?
It got adjourned, they reckoned that the Thai boy in question didn't have the correct legal documents and BG has to return on the 12th September for prosecution.

Thought so you look like her. Or she looks looks like you. Etc. Either way neither of you like De Vries, or anything the poor fecker does!!!
I've nothing against De Vries personally, I will always acknowledge anything good that he does, but I guess to throw that in my face wouldn't make a very good insult would it?

Today I thought he was garbage, and you've just proven to me that I'm not alone.

Funnily nuff, was only talking to a fellow journo yesterday about how the US doesn't understand irony, and we both used Alanis Morisette as our yardstick.
Fortunately, anyone accessing these boards is going to get a true view of what irony actually is.
I still haven't stopped laffing at sex in the wild and the pandas in the driveway. That's the best performance from this board I've seen in 3 years (apart from Joe Fox and Malf). Thanks to all of you who made the world laff, because I copied and pasted the panda stuff to my mates across the globe.

I believe there may also have been an Irish contribution Innocent, if we're talking about the same thread. :icon_wink

Thought so you look like her. Or she looks looks like you. Etc. Either way neither of you like De Vries, or anything the poor fecker does!!!

In fairness, I don't think Melton has jumped onto that particular bandwagon.

Fine irony there, I hope. Since Morissette is Canadian.

Dour - Sorry mate, don't know what you saw, I thought De Vries was utter toss. Couldn't head, kick, pass, shoot, dribble, stand up, control it, and until the final few minutes I would have added that he couldn't score either.

No need to apologise - tis only my view.

I thought he totally unnerved their defence - shown by the number of free kicks he earnt in the second half.

Really enjoyed it this afternoon for the first time in what seems like years.

Thought Watford edged the first half so was pleased to go in ahead. Nice goal from Hume who looked much more effective away from the front two. N'Gotty was a shambles at right back first half. Not enough pace. Fulop got away with a bit of dodginess early doors. Centre of defence and centre of midfield were very solid. You have to scrap when you play Watford and we did. We've definately got some bollocks this season.

First 10 mins of the 2nd half was either outstanding from us or Watford didn't turn up (depends on your perspective really). We got the run of the ball that was missing against Blackpool. After that the game fizzled out with fouls, free kicks and crap officiating. MDV took his goal well in what was a typically crazy performance lurching from excellent to dreadful within seconds. Kaebi looked totally lost to me, seemed to have no idea what to do, where to go etc. Couldn't tell anything from his 15 mins.

The ref was a total twat for both teams. Didn't see the hand ball for the peno. Poor turn out, 21k. Shame on the absentees. We ought to pish all over Florist.

In fairness, I don't think Melton has jumped onto that particular bandwagon.

I dont doubt that he is has, but IMO he had a good game for us yet i had to listen to a load of fans slagging him off each time he was fouled and lost the ball. IMO he was an important part of todays result, not really MOM but held the ball up well. His goal was excellent and he is probably the only player at the club to be able to score like that except for Fryatt. He is a limited player but the things he does he does very well. He certainly adds something to our team that no other can yet he is berated at every touch. I like him and think he deserves a little bit of slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669