Watford Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The confidence that result will bring is invaluable. The players will be buzzing and the Forest can't come soon enough. Good to see the Hume experiment worked - i have never felt that he is an out and out forward. He is better behind a front two with licence to roam a little.

Come on the city!!!

I believe there may also have been an Irish contribution Innocent, if we're talking about the same thread. :icon_wink

Hey, I'm half Irish, so I wouldn't have registered that. I'm a Scouse.
Also US/Canadian, whatever. Can't go into the N American divide. But the French are pretty good at irony, so maybe AM hasn't got too much French in her.
Anyone care to supply? :)

Best 2nd half performance I've seen for a long time

Feckin' wonderful stuff

And De vries might be a completely shite hopeless footballer, but his commitment and effort was truly outstanding

The 'real' footballers around him were superb

:038: :038: :038:

and i quite liked the Chelsea dagger thing :icon_redf

I agree with all of that, even the last bit :038::038::038:

Humes goal was feckin brilliant, such a crackin strike

I cant tell you how vital that goal was to our 3 points today.

From the kick-off to that goal Watford looked dangerous, in control, and a team that has a 100% record this season.

From then on they suddenly looked out of ideas, still dangerous, but slowly losing their grip on the game.

Our tremendous second half performance then sealed it.

Can't wait watching The Championship whenever it's released, for the first time this season! Something to keep, really.

I dont doubt that he is has, but IMO he had a good game for us yet i had to listen to a load of fans slagging him off each time he was fouled and lost the ball. IMO he was an important part of todays result, not really MOM but held the ball up well. His goal was excellent and he is probably the only player at the club to be able to score like that except for Fryatt. He is a limited player but the things he does he does very well. He certainly adds something to our team that no other can yet he is berated at every touch. I like him and think he deserves a little bit of slack.

I agree I thought MDV worked his balls off and took his goal well.

Even after he had scored people were still slagging him off, I can't understand it. He was also up against a very good defender.

I was talking to a Hearts fan in the week that was telling me MDV was top quality at Hearts, maybe if certain fans gave him some encouragement rather than slagging him off every time he touches the ball (even when he scores) we might see a far more confident striker who I think can score 15 - 20 goals in this league.

He was completely exhausted at the end of the game - a good target man who can and will score goals this season.

The atmosphere today was the best I ever experienced at the Walkers, I think MA was very clever coming out into the middle of the pitch before the game, he got the crowd going. Unbelievable atmosphere, plus the drum is a top idea, not seen/heard that before.

MDV was simply outstanding today. Won most things in the air and held the ball up really well. It's time Melton Fox got off his back and gave him the credit he deserves. His constant unfounded criticism is truly idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669