Watford Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MdV was immense no doubt. What a goal as well - brilliant.

Also wel done to DJ who seems to be a right place right time striker. We havent had one of them since Dickov :038::038::038:

MDV wasn't exactly that good. The real heroes were people like Campbell, Weslowski, Hume, N'Gotty etc. MDV was ok but it was still frustrating the way he used to get the ball but then keep getting tackled or falling over.

Anyone who was at the match KNOWS MDV was awesome. It does not matter that he occasionally falls over and looks clumsy he does so much that is brilliant in passing, holding it up. Second half he is holding off the man-mountain Shittu as the rest of lads are queuing up for the little pass from MDV to take a shot!

FFS give the guy a break! He took apart their defence by sheer strength allowing the lightweight Hume and DJ space to do their stuff.

Anyone who was at the match KNOWS MDV was awesome. It does not matter that he occasionally falls over and looks clumsy he does so much that is brilliant in passing, holding it up. Second half he is holding off the man-mountain Shittu as the rest of lads are queuing up for the little pass from MDV to take a shot!

FFS give the guy a break! He took apart their defence by sheer strength allowing the lightweight Hume and DJ space to do their stuff.

agreed :038::038::038::038:

OK sorry guys what was I thinking, MDV did nothing at all bad in this match and deserves a 10 year contract.

:038::038: Great post M-TBT.
If MDV could only turn quicker with his back to goal he would score and assist even more for the likes of DJ and Hume to bang the ball in the net.

where did you sit today EAF?

I was sitting about 4 rows from the front in the family stand. Look, I didn't think MDV was really bad in this match but let's just not go crazy. He wasn;'t as good as many of the other people like Hume or Campbell.

I was sitting about 4 rows from the front in the family stand. Look, I didn't think MDV was really bad in this match but let's just not go crazy. He wasn;'t as good as many of the other people like Hume or Campbell.

I expect a lot more from Hume and DJ for the sole reason they cost more. MDV cost us all of £50K against DJ who cost a rumoured £2M. Thats 40 times more to pay back.
After all MDV has gone through and still people are on his back. Fryatt has a little set back and wants to fcuk off!!!!!

There's different ways of seeing it. For me, I thought MDV coped pretty well with all sorts of shite balls pumped up to him. When a ball was played to him that he could use, he did well. Enough to really upset a quality defence. And the last 3 goals were partly or largely down to him - I don't know how much more you could reasonably ask.

There's different ways of seeing it. For me, I thought MDV coped pretty well with all sorts of shite balls pumped up to him. When a ball was played to him that he could use, he did well. Enough to really upset a quality defence. And the last 3 goals were partly or largely down to him - I don't know how much more you could reasonably ask.

But his first touch was useless. He's good at holding it up, as long as there's none of the opposition within 10 yards, because it bounces off him. He worked his socks off, to the bitter end, and fought like St Michael,but of what use are socks?
I like the guy, and want to give him credit, and he never wavered today. He really tried. And fell over. And passed the ball badly. And fought for the whole 100 minutes.
I will not diss him. But.........
It's not Premiership, is it? It's mediocre in the fizzies.
Means well. Manged a couple of headers. Getting slightly less than rubbish.
Scored a goal. It must mean something. Hey?

I don't like griping about things after a good performance like that(apart from the feckin ref pffffft)

But first half I thought Campbell was a lazy git. He never really looked like he was interested in supporting MDV-much like last week.
One moment in particular was when the ball was played forward and both DJ and MDV were up front but only MDV chased after it,with Campbell literally strolling towards the area.It pissed me off cos DJ is obviously a hell of a lot quicker than MDV, and the twats who sit behind me were slagging off MDV when he lost possession after trying to hold on to it til he could hopefully pass it to a team mate....

He can't head the ball though, but when it's played to his feet he does much better.

Agree with what Durham says though about DJ. We haven't really had a goal poacher-type striker for a long time, and if DJ get a goal every other game by doing that and then spends most of the match doing feck all I won't complain too much!

Last edited:
Agree with what Durham says though about DJ. We haven't really had a goal poacher-type striker for a long time, and if DJ get a goal every other game by doing that and then spends most of the match doing feck all I won't complain too much!

I will. We're not a good enough team to carry any baggage. Everyone has to contribute, all the time. I'll give DJ time to settle in, but right now he looks a bit lightweight and we've all suffered from the Akinbiyi effect. Not that he was lightweight. Just useless. I'm being kind.

I don't like griping about things after a good performance like that(apart from the feckin ref pffffft)

But first half I thought Campbell was a lazy git. He never really looked like he was interested in supporting MDV-much like last week.
One moment in particular was when the ball was played forward and both DJ and MDV were up front but only MDV chased after it,with Campbell literally strolling towards the area.It pissed me off cos DJ is obviously a hell of a lot quicker than MDV, and the twats who sit behind me were slagging off MDV when he lost possession after trying to hold on to it til he could hopefully pass it to a team mate....

Agree totally. Particularly on that move.

Yeah. And earning the free kicks just outside the box. I'd take that every week.

But nobody will admit to that, its MDV we are talking about here, a bloke behind us shouted fluke when he scored his goal. What has the bloke got to do to justify the £50K we spent on him........:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669