Watford Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watford might have in mind that we are the only team this season to beat them comprehensively, and therefore reciprocate in kind
I have the fear that before long we are going to take an almighty hammering and it could be tonight, this match could be the Catalyst for the season..of whether we stay in this league.

Watford as good as us at home - I sense a battling pt.

Alnwick

Chambers, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Mattock

Bori, Oakley, Clemence (with a sigh, there are not many more options), Zsolt

DJ, Howard

Watford as good as us at home - I sense a battling pt.

Alnwick

Chambers, N'Gotty, Kisnorbo, Mattock

Bori, Oakley, Clemence (with a sigh, there are not many more options), Zsolt

DJ, Howard

King or Wesolowski ?But he won't drop Clemence no way

Clem does ok for me, I don't see why many slate him all the time. If our forwards moved a fraction of Easter and Maclean then Clem would have a friggin passing option!

OK, although I have also seen him completely dominate the midfield.

Has he ?

He played a good second fiddle to Oakley against the woeful Coventry - other than that he's been anonymous (apart from his unnerving ability to concede possession at every given opportunity)

Has he ?

He played a good second fiddle to Oakley against the woeful Coventry - other than that he's been anonymous (apart from his unnerving ability to concede possession at every given opportunity)

Agreed, look at where we are in the league table i dont think we have dominated any part of the pitch at any stage this season.

I'd be unhappy if there isnt a few changes from the team that started against Plymouth.

Has he ?

Agreed, I have not seen clemence have a 'dominating' performance in a city shirt.

Alnwick
Chambers
McAuley
Kisnorbo
Mattock
Bori
Clemence
Oakley
Laczko
Campbell
Howard

Stearman
Hume
Fryatt
Ngotty
Clapham

But Hayles will play,maybe on one of the wings

Alnwick
Chambers
McAuley
Kisnorbo
Mattock
Bori
Clemence
Oakley
Laczko
Campbell
Howard

Stearman
Hume
Fryatt
Ngotty
Clapham

But Hayles will play,maybe on one of the wings

That looks the sensible selection to me, with the exception of possibly bringing Stearman back in.

That looks the sensible selection to me, with the exception of possibly bringing Stearman back in.

I don't think Chambers deserves to be dropped and it might help Stearman if he gets to realise he's not aotomatic first choice.I'd stick with that eleven for a few matches and get some continuity in the saide

Last edited:
I don't think Chambers deserves to be dropped and it might help Stearman if he gets to realise he's not aotomatic first choice.I'd stick with that eleven for a few matches and get some continuity in the saide

Fair point, I can go with that side for the nex 4-5 games tbh.

So would I - stop pissing about with the team, and just give 'em a go for a few games and let them find their feet.

No wonder they looked like complete feckin' strangers on Saturday - nobody knows who the feck will be playing, and in which positions, from one week to the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669