Watford Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the first ten minutes, and the inevitable 'lump it' last five, we were completely shat for the whole game

If he thinks that there wasn't too much wrong with that then the man is an idiot

Agreed but Plymouth were no better IMO

I just hope Ollie has learnt from his own mistakes and changes things around tonight. He's got to do it for the sake of the team.

If Howard and Hayles start up front again I think I'll cry. It just won't work. For me it's got to be Howard and DJ tonight. I think Hume needs a spell on the bench- it's either that or the right wing..

This would be my team:

Alwick

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Clapham

Bori Oakley Clemence Lackzo

Howard DJ

Score prediction: Waford 1 Leicester 0

I'd make two changes for tonight's game. Hayles and Hume on the bench. Put the 2 hungarians on the wing, give DJ a start with Howard.

As for the score, feck knows.....could be 2 - 0 us could be 2 - 0 them...
no, let's be positive......2 - 0 Leicester, DJ and Kissybum.

Please please no Stearman.
COME ON CITY......

Not his biggest fan but I thought he was superb against Palace.

Did anyone watch Ollie's pre match pre-view. Says he doesn't see too many changes as there wasn't much wrong on saturday. He also thought we didn't deserve to lose. Was he watching the same game?

Well we were the better team of 2 crap teams and the stats back that up, also a definite pen denied.

Not his biggest fan but I thought he was superb against Palace.

Well we were the better team of 2 crap teams and the stats back that up, also a definite pen denied.

Sorry but Plymouth were far better than us all over the pitch. We had a half decent start and a half decent finish but they looked a class above us. How anyone can say we were the better side is madness, yes we could have had a penalty and Fryatt might of scored but we were terrible for at least 75mins of that game. I thought considering they were the away side they knocked it around nicely, we just lumped it forward to Howard and hoped! Thats why Oakley and Clemence hardly had a touch, cus everytime our back four had the ball they went long to Howard.

I'm going for a sneaky 0-1 away win, its about time DJ popped up with a goal again now...lets be positive.

I agree with the shouts for DJ, think he will be up front with Howard tonight. Start with both Hungarians on the wings.

Still going to be 3-0 Watford though.

If Hume starts at right mid then ive had enough for this season. I cannot continue to watch players played in wrong possitions after we have signed players to play there.

DJ has to start and so does Chambers.

Anything other than that and i will be pissed off, we should be going all out for a win tonight judging on both their home form and our dire possitioning in the table.

for the adventurous optimists out there...70/1 for City to win after being down at half time on Betfair...worth risking the price of half a pint of Swedish beer? :icon_bigg

Sorry but Plymouth were far better than us all over the pitch. We had a half decent start and a half decent finish but they looked a class above us. How anyone can say we were the better side is madness, yes we could have had a penalty and Fryatt might of scored but we were terrible for at least 75mins of that game. I thought considering they were the away side they knocked it around nicely, we just lumped it forward to Howard and hoped! Thats why Oakley and Clemence hardly had a touch, cus everytime our back four had the ball they went long to Howard.

Well if Plymouth were a class above us then we really do have no hope. Both sides were sh*te in an unwatchable game. Clemence saw more of the ball than anyone, but 75% of the passes he played were sidewards or backwards because we had no forward width.

Well if Plymouth were a class above us then we really do have no hope. Both sides were sh*te in an unwatchable game. Clemence saw more of the ball than anyone, but 75% of the passes he played were sidewards or backwards because we had no forward width.

We'll have to disagree on this one i thought Plymouth were far better than us. But that game has gone, hopfully we'll win tonight and we'll all be talking about, can we still get in the playoffs tomorrow!! :icon_wink

We are going to get thumped tonight :icon_redf

:045:

My pal at work knows plenty of the 80-90's players.He said that when Taggs was involved he actually felt like wanting to punch some of our players purely because of their attitude. Says a lot about what type of players we have had at the club.

There is no visable sign of real spirit amongst the players, no esprit d'corp. They huddle and hold each others hands but its gestures to me. They act like what they are a bunch of championship journeymen and youngsters who believe their own press. On paper they look like they should just about be good enough to at least ensure championship football next season, but on grass (and mud) they don't.

Something vital is missing, don't know where they will get it but I do doubt that its in the squad at the moment.

I would have hoped personal pride would be a spur to each and everyone of them, but I just don't see any. :bang:

yep piece of cake, dont even now why we are bothering to turn up its that far in the bag .:icon_cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669