Watford...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, tragic that they'll simply drop ten points, restructure their debt so that they pay hardly anything back and eventually carry on as if nothing has happened :icon_cry:

And no doubt they will just get "poor old Watford", rather than "cheating scum, relegate them to the conference blah blah blah" like we did.

Yeah, tragic that they'll simply drop ten points, restructure their debt so that they pay hardly anything back and eventually carry on as if nothing has happened :icon_cry:

I don't know, the board resigning like that is the kind of thing that happens when a company is completely and irredeemably foocked.

Still owed a bit of dosh by Pompey but everyone's ignored that and rather concentrated on Chelsea being owed money by Pompey for Johnson.

I live local to Watford and I'm afraid I don't have alot of sympathy for them. They earned about £30 million plus for their season in the prem, also 2 parachute payments (£20M). They have also sold about 30 million pounds worth of players.
I believe there has been some financial shenanigans going on by past directors and other staff. Perhaps this might come out in the future.
With the money accrued I thought that the very least they could have done, was to build a new stand, to replace that eyesore of a main stand.
I do have a tiny bit of sympathy for the fans, but after the abuse I received when we were relegated to L1, bo**ox to them.
In fact, I hope they go down to the Conference.

I don't know, the board resigning like that is the kind of thing that happens when a company is completely and irredeemably foocked.

A Tory spiv c*nt like Ashcroft as a majority shareholder would be a large part of the problem.

Apologies to the pedants - I know one of the words 'Tory', 'spiv' and 'c*nt' is redundant but I'm not certain which.

if they lose 10 points they will drop into the bottom 3 but only by a few points, so whilst it will probably scupper any chances of promotion it certainly won't condemn them to relegation

Why do you think Alex the red nosed manager would let him come here now when he wouldn't in the summer?

How do you know it was Fergie who wouldn't let him come back?
Maybe he didn't want to, or maybe we never even went for him.

Jimmy Russo who I believe is owed several million quid has rejected Watfords proposal of a rescue plan. It's now a matter of when Watford will announce they are in admin.

Graham Taylor, Watfords interim chairman on SSN now. They can pay Russo his £4.88m in approx 4 weeks but he's having none of it. Admin imminent.

They can pay Russo his £4.88m in approx 4 weeks but he's having none of it. Admin imminent.

If they go into administration he may end up getting none of it, so he must think they'll find the money from somewhere.

When eric twat forced us into administration because he wouldn't wait for his money he ended up with nothing.

Why do you think Alex the red nosed manager would let him come here now when he wouldn't in the summer?

How do you know it was Fergie who wouldn't let him come back?
Maybe he didn't want to, or maybe we never even went for him.

I can assure you that we did go in for him, but Watford offered six times the 'compensation' that we did. Perhaps one of the reasons they find themselves in their present predicament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566