Wayne Brown rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, was told by a Hull mate that after a similar incident up there Brown got twatted by Ashbee and joined us shortly afterwards.

Obviously that's only a rumour.......

I've been wondering how Brown managed to sustain a career in football for so long if the rumours are correct. I imagined him Travis Bickle-like, every day storing up a bit more contempt and loathing for the world around him - not least from his surname, a constant source of torment.

I've been wondering how Brown managed to sustain a career in football for so long if the rumours are correct. I imagined him Travis Bickle-like, every day storing up a bit more contempt and loathing for the world around him - not least from his surname, a constant source of torment.

:icon_lol:

ummm... David, you've already replied to that post.

It may have been a very mildly amusing post to have made yesterday, but having a second bite at it the next day is a bit of a 'fail' I'm afraid.

Your situation diverted me through an otherwise irritating afternoon. So thank you.

But as Cate rightly reprimands us we are off topic. Brown has put the club in a very difficult situation. Legally he may have done nothing wrong but it is difficult to see him bonding with the other players.

There has been talk of apologies but I dislike apologies in a work situation. If they are genuine they embarrass those who listen to them. If they are forced they only cause resentment by the person making them and are not believed by colleagues.

The two recent examples of players behaviour causing them to leave the club are Dennis Wise and Stan Collymore. Both found other clubs. Wise might claim to have acted on impulse - not an excuse I would have accepted. Collymore was such a gifted talent that some desperate manager would be bound to take a gamble. Brown may now regret having stated his support for the BNP but his vote reflected his views and no doubt those views have not changed.

I do think that if Wise can be backed at an industrial tribunal for a savage assault then we stand no chance of sacking Brown for justifying his vote for a legal political party. We do not know what words were said to Brown in the heat of the moment by other players that could be used to muddy the waters. Anything sharp reaction by Chris Powell could be used to help Brown since Powell is part of management.

Unsavoury though it is I do feel the only way out is for Milan to come to some deal the way he did with Martin Allen.

What was that old chant against the club - boring boring Leicester.

Your situation diverted me through an otherw*s* irritating afternoon. So thank you.

But as Cate rightly reprimands us we are off topic. Brown has put the club in a very difficult situation. Legally he may have done nothing wrong but it is difficult to see him bonding with the other players.

There has been talk of apologies but I dislike apologies in a work situation. If they are genuine they embarrass those who listen to them. If they are forced they only cause resentment by the person making them and are not believed by colleagues.

The two recent examples of players behaviour causing them to leave the club are Dennis w*s* and Stan Collymore. Both found other clubs. w*s* might claim to have acted on impulse - not an excuse I would have accepted. Collymore was such a gifted talent that some desperate manager would be bound to take a gamble. Brown may now regret having stated his support for the BNP but his vote reflected his views and no doubt those views have not changed.

I do think that if w*s* can be backed at an industrial tribunal for a savage assault then we stand no chance of sacking Brown for justifying his vote for a legal political party. We do not know what words were said to Brown in the heat of the moment by other players that could be used to muddy the waters. Anything sharp reaction by Chris Powell could be used to help Brown since Powell is part of management.

Unsavoury though it is I do feel the only way out is for Milan to come to some deal the way he did with Martin Allen.

What was that old chant against the club - boring boring Leicester.

I wouldnt say it was a reprimand, I just got bored by rambling OT posts.

Last edited:
It has been mentioned numerous times that the only reason w*s* won his case was due to a technicality, because the club didn't follow the correct disciplinary procedure. It was nothing to do with the nature of the offence.

If criminal charges had been pressed, as they should have, that would have been immaterial.

If criminal charges had been pressed, as they should have, that would have been immaterial.

It would have been the sensible thing to do. As would following the correct procedure, why would we want to do that though.....amazes me the succession of absolutely useless bellends we had in charge over the years

Wasn't it cos it happened abroad and they didn't want the 'hassle' it would cause making them stay out there instead of coming back here?

The hassle that was to follow was pretty obvious and costly. Bunch of clowns the lot of em

I blame Micky Adams, wanting to protect his buddy w*s*......

I blame mental Mick and the cretin we 'moved upstairs' to allow Micky to sign any pensioners he wanted........Christ on a bike, whatshisface?I blame them both for a lot of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669