Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with HTB on this one, even before Yakubu came in we were doing well under SGE.

Actually, based on games from SGE's appointment on 3rd October until Yakubu came in 13 January we got as many points as any other team in the division in that period and only Forest got more points per game in that period (and they played 3 games less than us): http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2010-2011/custom-table

From what I remember our strikeforce at that time involved playing Vassell as a central striker (he was then shifted to the wing when Yakubu came in and looked a lot less effective out wide) with Gallagher and Dyer on the wings. We could still put out that front 3 right now and I reckon they'd be a very handy front 3 at this level.

I think Vassell only played maybe two games as central striker before Yakubu came in? Could be wrong though.

I agree he looked more effective in that position though than out wide. Which is why I'm hoping we'll get a proper winger or two so Vassell can play centrally.

But I think our attack is weaker than last year, despite the fact I rate Nugent.

As much as i respect Sven's knowledge and opinion, I find it incredible that we're seemingly not following up interest in Routledge, hes just the sort of player we're missing i think.

mowbray ,point taken.NOW FOR ANYONE INTERESTED YOU CAN SEE THE LEICESTER MATCH LIVE THIS AFTERNOON ON YOUR PC ,THE WEBSITE IS (MY2P2)CLICK ON THERE AND CLICK ONTO FOOTBALL, THEN LOOK DOWN THE LIST OF MATCHES BEING PLAYED TODAY AND ON THE 2ND PAGE YOULL FIND THE CITY MATCH,

As much as i respect Sven's knowledge and opinion, I find it incredible that we're seemingly not following up interest in Routledge, hes just the sort of player we're missing i think.

How do you know we are not following up interest in Routledge,? Did Sven ring you and tell you? Sven is on record as saying he is hoping to sign two more players. Why cannot that include Routledge?

How do you know we are not following up interest in Routledge,? Did Sven ring you and tell you? Sven is on record as saying he is hoping to sign two more players. Why cannot that include Routledge?
No of course he didn't ring me, i hope we are still in for him, when i said 'seemingly' i meant that it has gone very quiet so i have no evidence that we are still after him, that's all.

I guess this might be a bit of a pointer. Mind you, it is only the local press who, of course, will have no idea whatsoever as to what's going on.

From The Mercury

Meanwhile, the Mercury understands City have not followed up their interest in Wayne Routledge.

City had inquired about the Newcastle United winger.

However, they have not returned with an offer for the 26-year-old who looks set to join Nottingham Forest in the next few days.

Last edited:
I did not think F*rest had a pot to piss in, like Cov? Why would he want to go there? Does he rate their manager above ours?

Theirs used to be manager of England.

Does his record as England manager stand up against our manager of England? SM, England wins 4. SGE, England wins 40. SM lost more games than he won. SGE won 4 times more games than he lost. I think not!

Has he signed for anyone yet? Whilst Sven admits to 2 more players to come in(Maynard obviously one of them), this must remain a possible signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566