Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

The Mockery are saying that we are interested ...

Meanwhile, Routledge is highly sought after, with Queens Park Rangers, West Ham United and Birmingham City all said to be interested in the 26-year-old winger.

Routledge has experienced promotion from the Championship three times, with Crystal Palace, Newcastle and with QPR last season.

Blues' new boss Chris Hughton is said to be waiting to swoop after Routledge's proposed permanent switch to Loftus Road stalled, but City are also poised and it is understood the player would welcome a move to the Walkers Stadium.

Money laundering, surely he'd have his assets frozen for a while with something like that!

'.....shares of the club's parent company, suspended on Thursday, may start again now he has been bailed.'

Even so, as a player, it would put me off joining Birmingham at this moment.

Routledge would be a very good signing. I would love us to get some decent wingers in.

Obviously not all these rumours/deals will come off, but I'm liking the thought of what our team could be this year...

Now this I would probably like

Same. Routledge + a good striker and suddenly our squad is starting to look really strong. Especially, if the Vitor and Mee deals go through as well.

Last edited:
Same. Routledge + a good striker and suddenly our squad is starting to look really strong. Especially, if the Vitor and Mee deals go through as well.

Agreed, I think a player like Routledge is just what we need and Ben Mee would sort out the left back problem or at least act as cover for center back or left back. Vitor again would be at the very least cover for center back if not playing alongside Mills.

A lot of them are loan clubs to lesser teams so I would suggest it is just because he wasn't considered good enough for those Prem teams. Is certainly more than good enough for this level though.

I think in our current position we are a more promising prospect compared to QPR/Norwich/Swansea.I think players will have Blackpool in mind; Promoted using shrewd signings and a good team spirit only to come straight back down (despite some fantastic displays).

Whereas with us even before we have been promoted we are attracting players of Mills and The Yak's caliber and have owners that are improving every area of the team. Maybe this will work in our favor?

Just look at players like Marlon Harewood. Joined Blackpool and never really took his chance on a regular basis. Now he has ended up in China!

Last edited:
I get the sense with Routledge he's stuck in the middle of the Championship and the Premiership in terms of ability. He's definitely good enough to tear apart most Championship sides and not good enough to produce at Premiership level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566