Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how much money does Sven have?

I know we havent' actually signed Maynard or Routledge (yet), but the fact that we are putting bids in for these players after already coughing up 5M for Mills is pretty remarkable.

Tell you what though, the pressure on Sven will be immense if he does get the players he wants and we aren't pissing it by Xmas.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but (according to the Daily Mail):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ge-sign-Leicester-City.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

This would be a good buy at that price, a player proven at this level. I read of Swansea's interest today so if we get him ahead of them I'd be surprised, Swansea play some good football and I'd have expected them to do well, but haven't they lost some good players? The keeper and Pratley both went.

Please, would be a great player and I could see him fitting in really nicely with what has been built so far.

This would be a good buy at that price, a player proven at this level. I read of Swansea's interest today so if we get him ahead of them I'd be surprised, Swansea play some good football and I'd have expected them to do well, but haven't they lost some good players? The keeper and Pratley both went.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...d-for-newcastle-united-winger-72703-29031852/

Swansea in the box seat, according to the article, the deal could see Neil Taylor going to St James' Park.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...d-for-newcastle-united-winger-72703-29031852/

Swansea in the box seat, according to the article, the deal could see Neil Taylor going to St James' Park.

I think the daily mail is amore credible source. We can't really complain if he chooses the premier league over the championship, would rather he joined them than one of our rivals atleast! But if we get him he would be a good buy, another one at a good age, reasonable price bla bla etc

Mockery said:
....would welcome a move to the Walkers Stadium.

Where's that then?

The Swansea article says they've approached newcastle, the mail says we've had a bid accepted and we're in talks with him. Big difference if true. Would be a great signing, especially if Sven decides to revert back to a 4-4-2

The legend that is Bert has spoken A deal could be sorted in 24 hrs. Interesting stuff!

Routledge it is then.

Now one more striker (and a third-choice goalkeeper?).

My only concerns would be (though arguably unjustified) is why has he had so many clubs? Is he a bad egg?
No, he's just a mercenary fecker. I'll guarantee if he's considering signing for you then you're offering the most in wages.
Is there no-one of you concerned at the amount of cash being splashed about this season?

This is much more exciting than sitting in mid-table signing sensibly priced players. If it all goes tits up so be it. they'll still be a football club here.

Yes, I understand that's reckless and naive of me, but at this point in time I'm just excited about the direction we seem to be going in and don't care. :icon_wink

Last edited:
I'm not too worried as the players we are signing have mostly been wanted by other clubs and are young enough to be sold on. However if we were signing big name has beens, I would be a tad nervous.

This is much more exciting than sitting in mid-table signing sensibly priced players. If it all goes tits up so be it. they'll still be a football club here.

Yes, I understand that's reckless and naive of me, but at this point in time I'm just excited about the direction we seem to be going in and don't care. :icon_wink

Agreed, I can't wait for the first game of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669