Speculation Wayne Routledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is much more exciting than sitting in mid-table signing sensibly priced players. If it all goes tits up so be it. they'll still be a football club here.

Yes, I understand that's reckless and naive of me, but at this point in time I'm just excited about the direction we seem to be going in and don't care. :icon_wink

This is pretty much how I feel about it. If we don't get to the Premer League next season, that's something to worry about if and when it happens! These are business men in charge so I would assume there are contingency plans in place for a worst case scenario and all that.

For now it's just exciting bringing in decent players and seeing the squad Sven is building, particularly given the rather torrid few years we havehad to endure previously. The old business saying of 'you have to spend money to make money' makes perfect sense here.

No doubt Sven is keeping an eye on whether or not we're paying the milk bill.

This is much more exciting than sitting in mid-table signing sensibly priced players. If it all goes tits up so be it. they'll still be a football club here.

Yes, I understand that's reckless and naive of me, but at this point in time I'm just excited about the direction we seem to be going in and don't care. :icon_wink

Totally agree with that too. So...

****ing hell, I'd much rather be in this position than the position we found ourselves in last season. What's the point in it all if were not striving for the best. Enjoy it, its not like we get this to often. Let cov and florist fans go the worrying because of the Shit state of their squads.

Here's to an exciting season, god knows we deserve one.

A friend of mine runs Skybluestalk and he gets some info from time to time, apparently some big news about pov this week. ie they're ****ed.

Poverty City :icon_lol:

Quite the contrasting fortunes. Incidentally there was a discussion on 5Live about financial fair play with the so called 'professional pundits' incl. Mr. Claridge slating us for our spending. Odd as it seems fine for Chelsea and Man City to be doing the same thing in the Premier League. At the end of the day football isn't just a game these days, it's a business and as I said earlier you have to spend money to make money in business. I doubt clubs like Coventry would turn down any sort of investment be it local or foreign. It's alright to criticise big spending clubs when you're in the mire but it's all down to envy that those kind of funds aren't available to other some other clubs. Blackpool showed last year that you don't absolutely need money to be successful so in my view I guess I see it as a bit of a non-issue.

Told tonight that he is expected to join up with the squad in Sweden but not in time for Thursday's game against Mallorca.

...as I said earlier you have to spend money to make money in business...

...Blackpool showed last year that you don't absolutely need money to be successful...

Which is it? Or is this a quantum idea that can exist in both states at the same time? :p

From what I've seen/heard of him on tv and in interviews, I get the impression that he's arrogant and selfish, thinks he's god's gift.

I'd be worried that he doesn't fit in with the rest of the players (who generally seem good natured) and cause problems in the long run. Sven has stressed that players must not only be good players, but they must "fit in". Something tells me that he won't and, for what it's worth, the guy from the mercury said a similar thing during commentary yesterday.

If we don't get to the Premer League next season, that's something to worry about if and when it happens! These are business men in charge so I would assume there are contingency plans in place for a worst case scenario and all that.

As we've seen over the years in football, a typical contingency plan by 'business men in charge' would be getting as many assets and as much of your money out as possible before ****ing off.

From what I've seen/heard of him on tv and in interviews, I get the impression that he's arrogant and selfish, thinks he's god's gift.

I'd be worried that he doesn't fit in with the rest of the players (who generally seem good natured) and cause problems in the long run. Sven has stressed that players must not only be good players, but they must "fit in". Something tells me that he won't and, for what it's worth, the guy from the mercury said a similar thing during commentary yesterday.

Sven will be aware of this though surely?

Agreed. Squad harmony number 1 priority.

As we've seen over the years in football, a typical contingency plan by 'business men in charge' would be getting as many assets and as much of your money out as possible before ****ing off.

I may be wrong but I think Top & his dad have invested too much into the club to do a runner. From millions being invested in the training ground, all the work on the stadium both for the new shop and the big screens, plus the planned increase if we get promoted, to the money invested in the squad. Then there's the Academies that are being planned (one already open I believe) in Thailand. They are using our club as a vehicle to move king power into the west and it's reported that The King power Group is worth 4 Billion Dollars. It would appear that Leicester City will almost be another company that falls under the King Power umbrella and therefore will most certainly not be something that will just be cast aside if it doesn't work straight away.

Mandy came in when we needed him, but I don't believe he personally invested in the club, I think it was all borrowings against the club which is why he didn't allow signings like these. Which is why we all new that when / if the club where ever in a good position (premier league we hoped) he would be looking to sell up, which is what he did. But these guys seem a very different kind of owner.

I am very excited about what they are doing both on and off the pitch, the number of kids that are taking an interest in their home town club again is fantastic, the number of Leicester shirts at my holiday camps is simply thrilling to see. They are bringing back the pride into being a Leicester Fan and long may it continue.

Sven will be aware of this though surely?
I think we may have signed him by now if Sven was 100% sure that he wanted him. I don't think it will happen unless Sven is gets desperate or just wants the squad to be completed asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669