We need a new striker - But who ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Obviously 1st things first, we have to realistic in terms of price and the type of player we will attract.

1) Dean Ashton - Crewe
Top scorer in the league, 17 goals in 22 games. 21 years old, and despite being so young and top scorer, I can't see him costing a great deal. We've had decent players from Crewe in the past.

2) Kenny Miller - Wolves
Scored 7 out of 18 games this season. 25 Years old and on the transfer list. Could cost abit though.

3) Steve Howard - Luton
2 off the leader in league 1. Scored 11 this season, 28 years old, Forest have been bidding for him, in the region of £150,000

4) Scott Taylor - Blackpool
4 off the leader in league 1. Scored 9 this season. 28 years old. Stats this season, scores every other game.

Just a few names that are realistic IMO. I think anyone from the Premiership would only be a loan, and we need someone whose going to be here scoring for us for the next few years.

we'll probably end up getting someone scottish from hearts or something like that who no-one has ever heard of and think he's a complete waste of money but turns out to be a brilliant player and is top scorer next season.

Fawkeye said:
Steven said:
Sam said:
Shame dreams don't come true.

Derek Riordan :wink:
\

Is he the guy from Hibs done for that 'late-night disturbance' steven? He's supposed to be a great player!

Anyone know what the disturbance was?

Highland Fox knows more about him and it was Highland who suggested him to me. :wink:

Nottingham Fox said:
Obviously 1st things first, we have to realistic in terms of price and the type of player we will attract.

1) Dean Ashton - Crewe
Top scorer in the league, 17 goals in 22 games. 21 years old, and despite being so young and top scorer, I can't see him costing a great deal. We've had decent players from Crewe in the past.

2) Kenny Miller - Wolves
Scored 7 out of 18 games this season. 25 Years old and on the transfer list. Could cost abit though.

3) Steve Howard - Luton
2 off the leader in league 1. Scored 11 this season, 28 years old, Forest have been bidding for him, in the region of £150,000

4) Scott Taylor - Blackpool
4 off the leader in league 1. Scored 9 this season. 28 years old. Stats this season, scores every other game.

Just a few names that are realistic IMO. I think anyone from the Premiership would only be a loan, and we need someone whose going to be here scoring for us for the next few years.

I honestly don't think Ashton or Miller are realistic at all... Ashton will command a bigger fee from a bigger club and miller will go nowhere now Hoddle's at wolves.... We have no serious money to spend at present, the sooner we realise that the better, this is a major re-build...best we'll get will be de Vries....Perhaps the egg-chasers' money will fund a striker...Depressing eh? Fookin shite pants.

Fawkeye said:
Steven said:
Sam said:
Shame dreams don't come true.

Derek Riordan :wink:
\

Is he the guy from Hibs done for that 'late-night disturbance' steven? He's supposed to be a great player!

Anyone know what the disturbance was?

yep lol
he was up lothian road in edinburgh (the towns fave chav drinking thoroughfare with clubs open til 3, 4 am) and was "abusive and threatening" to bouncers and towards police even after his arrest. hes a bloody good player, scored some amount of fantastic goals this season, but a wee ned's a wee ned lol

and its great for strip bars.......supposedly :-|

what a great way for me to start posting on this site again, but in fairness ive only just got a computer put in my flat in edinburgh

Rob Hulse on loan from WBA,proven Goalscorer at this level for Crewe.Don't think he gets in The Albion side.

Do you guys have a selective memory or something...We haven't got any pigging money!!!! :lol:

Scodger Cubs said:
I've been hearing that De Vries could be on his way from Hearts. :)

we jambos thought that too but apparently hes "keen to stay"
however, our takeover by lithuanian banker wont go thru til feb now, so cant offer him new contract yet. u may still get him i know CL likes him

youngscot said:
Scodger Cubs said:

however, our takeover by lithuanian banker wont go thru til feb now, so cant offer him new contract yet. u may still get him i know CL likes him

If we get De Vries, he'll do well for us i think. Is he still in your first team ?? :?:

Who else can we have from you lot ?! :lol: :D

Scodger Cubs said:
youngscot said:
Scodger Cubs said:

If we get De Vries, he'll do well for us i think. Is he still in your first team ?? :?:

yeah hes just back from injury, surprise surprise....
well we got 12 players out of contract in summer so take ure pick :cry:

youngscot said:
Scodger Cubs said:
youngscot said:
Scodger Cubs said:

yeah hes just back from injury, surprise surprise....
well we got 12 players out of contract in summer so take ure pick :cry:

Oh he could keep Mozzer and Elliott company !! :lol: :lol:

:D i'm sure we'll get a few of those...CL's probably got his eye on a few already !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669