We need a new striker - But who ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll do a swap deal with United......Nathan Blake for van Nistelrooy, with Roman Abramovic offering to pay his wages :lol: Seriously though, I think we should try and loan someone like Malcolm Christie from Middlesbrough......he is proven at this level after his spell with D*rby ****y

alex said:
Nottingham Fox said:
Obviously 1st things first, we have to realistic in terms of price and the type of player we will attract.

1) Dean Ashton - Crewe
Top scorer in the league, 17 goals in 22 games. 21 years old, and despite being so young and top scorer, I can't see him costing a great deal. We've had decent players from Crewe in the past.

2) Kenny Miller - Wolves
Scored 7 out of 18 games this season. 25 Years old and on the transfer list. Could cost abit though.

3) Steve Howard - Luton
2 off the leader in league 1. Scored 11 this season, 28 years old, Forest have been bidding for him, in the region of £150,000

4) Scott Taylor - Blackpool
4 off the leader in league 1. Scored 9 this season. 28 years old. Stats this season, scores every other game.

Just a few names that are realistic IMO. I think anyone from the Premiership would only be a loan, and we need someone whose going to be here scoring for us for the next few years.

I honestly don't think Ashton or Miller are realistic at all... Ashton will command a bigger fee from a bigger club and miller will go nowhere now Hoddle's at wolves.... We have no serious money to spend at present, the sooner we realise that the better, this is a major re-build...best we'll get will be de Vries....Perhaps the egg-chasers' money will fund a striker...Depressing eh? Fookin shite pants.

Depressing yes -but realistic.

We have no money to buy Dean Ashton or the likes. You simply can't get away with the release of three decent strikers at the end of last summer -all now with Prem clubs -one of which is second in the league. You can't get away with bad judgement in the form of bringing in poor replacements.

This is a re-build situation -just as you say.

We have had the Webmaster and others posting about promotion chances and a couple of wins over Forest & Rotherham would set them off again. But let's just imagine the reality if the unlikely but mathematically possible situation of promotion through the play offs arose. The squad as it largely is plus some cheapo Scottish imports - absolute fodder in the Premiership.
I realise that there would be an immediate cash benefit but my guess is that it would be better for CL to take some time & go down the route of bigger gates with a winning side in this division next season whilst bringing on some younger players like Stearman.

alex said:
Nottingham Fox said:
Obviously 1st things first, we have to realistic in terms of price and the type of player we will attract.

1) Dean Ashton - Crewe
Top scorer in the league, 17 goals in 22 games. 21 years old, and despite being so young and top scorer, I can't see him costing a great deal. We've had decent players from Crewe in the past.

2) Kenny Miller - Wolves
Scored 7 out of 18 games this season. 25 Years old and on the transfer list. Could cost abit though.

3) Steve Howard - Luton
2 off the leader in league 1. Scored 11 this season, 28 years old, Forest have been bidding for him, in the region of £150,000

4) Scott Taylor - Blackpool
4 off the leader in league 1. Scored 9 this season. 28 years old. Stats this season, scores every other game.

Just a few names that are realistic IMO. I think anyone from the Premiership would only be a loan, and we need someone whose going to be here scoring for us for the next few years.

I honestly don't think Ashton or Miller are realistic at all... Ashton will command a bigger fee from a bigger club and miller will go nowhere now Hoddle's at wolves.... We have no serious money to spend at present, the sooner we realise that the better, this is a major re-build...best we'll get will be de Vries....Perhaps the egg-chasers' money will fund a striker...Depressing eh? Fookin shite pants.

Depressing yes -but realistic.

We have no money to buy Dean Ashton or the likes. You simply can't get away with the release of three decent strikers at the end of last summer -all now with Prem clubs -one of which is second in the league. You can't get away with bad judgement in the form of bringing in poor replacements.

This is a re-build situation -just as you say.

We have had the Webmaster and others posting about promotion chances and a couple of wins over Forest & Rotherham would set them off again. But let's just imagine the reality if the unlikely but mathematically possible situation of promotion through the play offs arose. The squad as it largely is plus some cheapo Scottish imports - absolute fodder in the Premiership.
I realise that there would be an immediate cash benefit but my guess is that it would be better for CL to take some time & go down the route of bigger gates with a winning side in this division next season whilst bringing on some younger players like Stearman.

A young Nigerian looks like a tasty prospect, goes by the name of Cakke, first name Jafa

I thought there were enough women playing on Saturday already, thank you very much

There were certainly a few tits bouncing around the pitch

Why does everyone go on about wanting a striker, when it the fact that we have NO feckin' midfield AT ALL that is costing us points - absent on Saturday and that cost us the game

The poor bastards up front haven't got a prayer - you can sign who the f*ck you like, but they would not have scored last Saturday

Why not play a new formation, 5-5, then just play over the top football.

Joe_Fox said:

The first part was sensible and the second part was silly.

We cannot change the players so I would suggest we change the system. :p :p :wink: 8) This is going to be a good test for CL, though my definitive judgement on him as a manager is waiting until the 10th game of the 06/07 season. :wink:

Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

We cannot change the players so I would suggest we change the system. :p :p :wink: 8) This is going to be a good test for CL, though my definitive judgement on him as a manager is waiting until the 10th game of the 06/07 season. :wink:

That's me though Steve. I wouldn't say it will be a 'good' test, more of a vital test. You are giving him a long time Steven.

Joe_Fox said:
Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

That's me though Steve. I wouldn't say it will be a 'good' test, more of a vital test. You are giving him a long time Steven.

We should be top of the premiership by then :lol:

Fawkeye said:
Joe_Fox said:
Steven said:
Joe_Fox said:

We should be top of the premiership by then :lol:

Well not top of the prem but definitely near the top of the champo.

If..we changed the system I'd go with a 4-2-3-1 system,like this-
Taylor
Canero
Stearman
Keown
Stewart

Gudjohnsson
Tiatto

Gillespie
Nalis
Connolly

Scowcroft

The personnel isn't that important and can be changed I used them just to fit the system etc.
No it's not bollox......

highland fox said:
Taylor
Canero
Stearman
Keown
Stewart

Gudjohnsson
Tiatto

Gillespie
Nalis
Connolly

Scowcroft

The personnel isn't that important and can be changed I used them just to fit the system etc.
No it's not bollox......

Bollocks to that, we need 4-3-1-2 and you know it! Connolly needs to play just off the front two, a bit like Scholes/Rooney, that kind of thing. Trust me, it'll be raining goals if we adopt this style.

Reading CL's comments Connolly will definately be back in the starting X1 against Forest along as theres no problems with his injury.So he obviously rates Connolly,I still believe Scowcroft and Connolly are the best options we have up front.

Joe_Fox said:
highland fox said:
Taylor
Canero
Stearman
Keown
Stewart

Gudjohnsson
Tiatto

Gillespie
Nalis
Connolly

Scowcroft

No it's not bollox......

Bollocks to that, we need 4-3-1-2 and you know it! Connolly needs to play just off the front two, a bit like Scholes/Rooney, that kind of thing. Trust me, it'll be raining goals if we adopt this style.

I know it's christmas but theres no need for these Terry Venables
Christmas tree formations. 4-4-2 go with what you know!

Having said that - its good enough for chelsea

http://www.squarefootball.net/content/article/article.asp?aid=1375

Why not play with the sweeper system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675