wedding cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Some twat of a photographer has given my bro-in law a cd of the pics he took at his daughters wedding. He has informed him that it will become unaccesible after a period of two weeks due to a security lock is this possible and could you get around it?

Some twat of a photographer has given my bro-in law a cd of the pics he took at his daughters wedding. He has informed him that it will become unaccesible after a period of two weeks due to a security lock is this possible and could you get around it?

Yes, it is possible.

It would seem that the photographer feels that he has copyright over the images; would you contest his copyright? Why would you want to get around it?

Unless he has some third party software on the CD and the pictures are in a propriety format I don't see how he could lock it. However as Boc mentioned he will have full copyright over the pictures, probably for ever (unless his T&C's state otherwise) so it would be illegal to copy them off.

This is why I am choosing my Wedding photographer carefully, the guy I am hopefully going with will give me a full CD of all photos he takes which I can do as I please with (although he will retain copyright, so I can't sell them on etc). It's upto me whether I buy any prints from him.

Also if the photographer had any sense and the CD is just for choosing pics to be printed they will only be small versions on the disc anyway.

Last edited:
Unless he has some third party software on the CD and the pictures are in a propriety format I don't see how he could lock it.

That's exactly what he will have; quite common in the business.

Unless he has some third party software on the CD and the pictures are in a propriety format I don't see how he could lock it. However as Boc mentioned he will have full copyright over the pictures, probably for ever (unless his T&C's state otherwise) so it would be illegal to copy them off.

This is why I am choosing my Wedding photographer carefully, the guy I am hopefully going with will give me a full CD of all photos he takes which I can do as I please with (although he will retain copyright, so I can't sell them on etc). It's upto me whether I buy any prints from him.

Also if the photographer had any sense and the CD is just for choosing pics to be printed they will only be small versions on the disc anyway.

This is exactly what i had and its def for the best!

Congrats on your wedding by the way, as you can tell slow day at the office

Yes, it is possible.

It would seem that the photographer feels that he has copyright over the images; would you contest his copyright? Why would you want to get around it?

I have no idea at all boc :icon_roll

Can't you just take a screenshot of each image as it is displayed on screen? I know you wouldn't get the same resolution but at least you would have something.

what a twat of a photographer

what a twat of a photographer

Why do you say that? He has a living to earn and I am sure he is acting within the terms and conditions of the contract between the parties.

Boc he was a grade A twat. He actually tried to stop other people taking photographs on the day and when they didnt he done one .

Boc he was a grade A twat. He actually tried to stop other people taking photographs on the day and when they didnt he done one .

That is twattish - but often written into the agreement.

I'm not saying that the photographer was right, but almost certainly within his rights. Your experience (or the experience of your brother-in-law and his daughter) should act as a strong warning to people looking for a wedding photographer. Make sure you know what you're getting.

Last edited:
Why do you say that? He has a living to earn and I am sure he is acting within the terms and conditions of the contract between the parties.

what sort of logic is "he has a living to earn" ?

prison guards have a living to earn, so we should send him prison...

granted it's probably in the contract, but it's one drafted by a twat

what sort of logic is "he has a living to earn" ?

prison guards have a living to earn, so we should send him prison...

granted it's probably in the contract, but it's one drafted by a twat

I think you need to award yourself one of your own specious reasoning yellow cards DV.
He has a living to earn, so he isn't likely to take pictures without protecting his investment and earning money from them.
Where is the problem with that logic?

It seems perfectly reasonable to me and I'm not sure why you think he's a 'twat' for doing this.

But he charged a grand and got paid a grand !. what difference does it make if other people take photos or want to copy the cd?
I have since found out the problem is not printing the pictures but that the Cd will cease to work after Dec 1st? Is this feasible ? and can i do anything about it?

If I buy software, I pay the money and get the CD, doesn't mean I can copy it for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669