Wellens to Brum

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has King been booked for us?:icon_razz

The chances are that Wellens is more likely to miss games than King through suspensions but that isn't the point.

I would say King is just as passionate about his football as Wellens, but he has a much more calmer and controlled handle on things, which imo makes him better captain material.

I wasn't questioning King temper. He just doesn't strike me as a particularly vocal player, who organises other players, or shows a bit of fight when things get tough. Wellens does.

Wellens has really impressed me of late. Whilst admittedly I have only seen him on the box he really has put in some good performances. I think the Manchester United influence is clear to see. He has a great awareness of those around him, is strong, has a good change of pace, passes very well and will put his foot in. If he could start notching the odd goal he would be the complete central midfielder. I am convinced he would make the step up to the premier with ease. :038:

Wellens is great for us and if we are serious about promotion we probably shouldn't be entertaining anything but the most ludicrous of overpriced fees. He's our most creative player and is the sort of player who doesn't think twice about putting his face where someone's foot is, to coin a phrase.

I wasn't questioning King temper. He just doesn't strike me as a particularly vocal player, who organises other players, or shows a bit of fight when things get tough. Wellens does.
You're not watching him properly then :icon_bigg King is one of the biggest talkers on the pitch. All Wellens does is shout at other people when he makes mistakes. Not captain material at all.

You're not watching him properly then :icon_bigg King is one of the biggest talkers on the pitch. All Wellens does is shout at other people when he makes mistakes. Not captain material at all.

I have often said the same about Wellens always having a go at others but it was good to see him go over to Mee after the first penalty and put a hand on his shoulder. It looked like encouragement not moaning.

Sky Sports are saying that a host of clubs are monitoring Wellens, and it lists Blackpool as one of them. Lets hope Charlie Adam doesnt move on because IH might see Wellens as an ideal replacement under his budget. (Plus Wellens used to play for them)

Wellens is a better player than Adam on tonights showing.

Quote from Wellens in The Mercury ...

"I am not looking to move and of the clubs I have been linked to, Leicester are a bigger club than any of them,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00