Welsh (& Lowe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

I am never a fan of criticising our own players. Some are clearly more capable than others but they ALL need our support in assisting them in the pursuit of 3 points. Surely 'intimidation' should be reserved for opposing players?

For example, I must admit that I find the treatment of Lowe disgraceful. Yes, the lad clearly is lacking in confidence and adds little to the team at the moment. Will shouting at him & jeering help him get better?! I'll leave that for you to decide.

However, the main point of this thread is Welsh. As stated, I would never jeer a Leicester player. Nevertheless.. What has this guy actually added to our team? As a loan player who is eating into our budget, I would hope that he would be better than what we already have. Clearly not!

The bloke is basically scared of any form of contact with an opposing player. Turns his back on tackles & WELSHes out of any loose ball challenge. He makes Steve Guppy look like Roy Keane when it comes to the physical side of the game.

Today he came up against one of the smallest blokes in league football, Alan Wright. How many times did Welsh beat him in the air?! Errr... None! At least Lowe won a couple of headers!

And going forward & crossing (what he is employed to do)? Forget it.. runs into trouble every time or ends up like a rag doll on the floor!

Time for him to return to the stands until his time here at Leicester is done.

I will reiterate though that when he pulls on a Leicester shirt he gets my vocal support despite his obvious shortcomings!

The treatment today of Low was shameful. I really did feel for the bloke. OK he's rubbish, but he's a City player.

I hope all 10,000 of you that booed him today and cheered at the substitution are ashamed of yourself. On the flip side, at least we could hear the kop for a change.

Was Gary Lineker there today?, L1 sang the "Oooh Gary Gary" song.

Also the "Engerland" chant at the Cardiff fans is nothing short of laughable. You silly burberry clad twats, don't you realise every team without originality sings that to them

Last edited:
The treatment today of Low was shameful. I really did feel for the bloke. OK he's rubbish, but he's a City player.

I hope all 10,000 of you that booed him today and cheered at the substitution are ashamed of yourself. On the flip side, at least we could hear the kop for a change.

Also the "Engerland" chant at the Cardiff fans is nothing short of laughable. You silly burberry clad twats, don't you realise every team without originality sings that to them

:081:

Refer you back to what we published when he signed, the views of the Northampton Trust were

“Pace is Josh Low's greatest strength, so could make the step up to the championship, as it is felt he is not achieving his potential in the basement. Some of his best games have come against teams in a higher division, particularly the Championship in cup games.

Causes defences a lot of problems when he runs at them and can set up goals also. Is capable of scoring goals when his confidence is up.

Weaknesses : Josh Low has a big frame (6ft 1in, 14st) but does not like to get involved in 50:50 challenges, he is also tall but does not like heading the ball, however this has improved in the last year.

Do not rely on him defensively to be in the right position and often switches off in games, he is also a player whose confidence is fragile. He should also shoot more.

If he is not given defensive responsibilities and is told to attack defenders his weaknesses are worth putting up with.”

So the message to City fans is clear, get behind Josh to create an atmosphere which will increase his confidence levels and then we should see him at his best."

So treating like today will not get the best out of him, the fans are doing him no favours

Refer you back to what we published when he signed, the views of the Northampton Trust were
That is a representative view of the entire Northampton Trust membership is it?

Have you seen Low's pace? I'm buggered if I have - he make Sylla rapid.

Oh...and how about keeping your personal opinions separate from Trust business?

I'm sorry firestarter.. Why shouldn't the Foxes Trust put their opinion over about issues? Freedom of speach?!

Why the 'personal' attack?!

I'm sorry firestarter.. Why shouldn't the Foxes Trust put their opinion over about issues? Freedom of speach?!

Why the 'personal' attack?!

Firestarter/Disco Bob seems obsessed with the Foxes Trust. A love rebuffed, probably.

I do love the inferance that without our 'support' Low will, like a Daffodil consumed by dew, wither. Poor ickle baby waby...

Put the ****ing shirt on and ****ing step up you fecking prick.

“Pace is Josh Low's greatest strength, so could make the step up to the championship, as it is felt he is not achieving his potential in the basement. Some of his best games have come against teams in a higher division, particularly the Championship in cup games.

Causes defences a lot of problems when he runs at them and can set up goals also. Is capable of scoring goals when his confidence is up.

Weaknesses : Josh Low has a big frame (6ft 1in, 14st) but does not like to get involved in 50:50 challenges, he is also tall but does not like heading the ball, however this has improved in the last year.

Do not rely on him defensively to be in the right position and often switches off in games, he is also a player whose confidence is fragile. He should also shoot more.

If he is not given defensive responsibilities and is told to attack defenders his weaknesses are worth putting up with.”

So the message to City fans is clear, get behind Josh to create an atmosphere which will increase his confidence levels and then we should see him at his best."

So treating like today will not get the best out of him, the fans are doing him no favours

Right FT - message understood. Very helpful.

Have you also been in touch with the Social Services Department? Josh needs support not criticism and I see a possible way forward through allocating him a full time caseworker who will focus on building up Josh's self confidence to the point where he may well be putting in a tackle or two (providing opponents are 5' 3 or less - by the end of the season.

Josh Low is a professional footballer who is in a privilaged position to do what he does for a living and play for Leicester City.
Our fans have every right to make their feelings known if they feel a player is not up to standard! Cristiano Ronaldo is (rightly) booed by more fans than Low was every week! He steps up and proves these fans wrong with his performances and dosen't let his head drop.

Low should stop concentrating on his fecking law degree and stop being such a pussy.. if that cheating whoose Ronaldo can put up with booing every game then fecking Josh Low should be able to...

It is pefectly acceptable for fans to show their displeasure every time Low fecks up with audible sighs and groans, that's natural. But to boo him as the ball is passed to him and before he has even received it is unacceptable.

Ronaldho cheated our national football out of a place in the next round of the world cup, he deserves to be booed. The analogy only works if Portugal fans are booing Ronaldo

Last edited:
Low should still stop using a lack of confidence as a poor excuse. He should use the booing as motivation to prove people wrong, if he wants to stay at Leicester City.

Low should still stop using a lack of confidence as a poor excuse. He should use the booing as motivation to prove people wrong, if he wants to stay at Leicester City.

I didn't know he had.

The idjeet Leicester fans behind me were singing this during the game!

Edit: the england song I mean!

Last edited:

In all seriousness - Low was a bad acquisition. But this is not his fault. As is often the case, he is being singled out as in my view as a focal point for dissatisfaction. We went through this phase many years ago when players like Lambie Robertson etc were being brought in - when everybody knew that they weren't good enough to play for Leicester City (or at least the Leicester City that they wanted to remember).

I think that the crowd will always support players who give their all - particularly youngsters being thrown into the deep end. Unfortunately, Low doesn't tick any of the boxes. Not entirely his fault....bad judgement by RK. But we all make mistakes.

It is pefectly acceptable for fans to show their displeasure every time Low fecks up with audible sighs and groans, that's natural. But to boo him as the ball is passed to him and before he has even received it is unacceptable.

Ronaldho cheated our national football out of a place in the next round of the world cup, he deserves to be booed. The analogy only works if Portugal fans are booing Ronaldo

I was sitting near to the away dug out, the 'noises' made sounded more like groans with just the odd boo, certanly nothing like the level other players have got for not playing as bad as he constantly does.

Difficult one. how do supporters let the manager know that they are not happy with a players performance and/or his discission to pick him in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
My uncle put £2 on Lowe to score first and 3-0 to Leicester at 200-1 as a joke yesterday :icon_lol:

needless to say he didn't win £400

Josh Low is a professional footballer who is in a privilaged position to do what he does for a living and play for Leicester City.
Our fans have every right to make their feelings known if they feel a player is not up to standard! Cristiano Ronaldo is (rightly) booed by more fans than Low was every week! He steps up and proves these fans wrong with his performances and dosen't let his head drop.

Low should stop concentrating on his fecking law degree and stop being such a pussy.. if that cheating whoose Ronaldo can put up with booing every game then fecking Josh Low should be able to...

Joe I suppose if you get constantly shouted at by your management at work you work better, right? Or do you get in a mood, because you were already doing the best you could and if its the best you can give the management should accept that?

I do not agree with booing players, it happened with Jordan Stwert and he left as a result, which is a shame because I felt he was quite a decent player. OK Josh Low isn't great, but hes what we got so what good is booing him going to do?

"if you can't stand the heat......get out of the kitchen"

Alright not his fault but he is not championship material, he has height and stature but cant use them, has no control when given the ball, has no real ability to beat a man, can cross a ball when minded, but overall.....has not contributed a great deal when given the chance, just a lower league player in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669