We're down

Lots of team orders out there today for the staff to be positive. Never seen so much enthusiastic clapping of the players after the game, from people that are normally stood in the corridors after games (even last games of the season). Almost like the club had given them orders….

At the end I realised that I wanted these players and the leadership of the club to go down. I want them to suffer. It would have been a disgrace if they'd got away with the last 12 months of utter incompetence. Sadly, many of the ones I want to suffer the most won't feel it one bit as they'll be off making more money elsewhere.
This is an interesting point and I wonder if Everton will take anything from their season in this way. Once again they have been equally as incompetent but will probably keep their jobs. I hope, like others, that this will be a catalyst for a complete rebuild for City but know that we are stuck with some of it.

I certainly wouldn't say he isn't. My gut feel is he's a decent bloke, even if not a natural born business man or leader.

Nah, he couldn't give two ****s....which is why we've been down before the season started.

I'm living in an era that is fuelled by money and corruption. It's all out of our hands and it's all just a horrible, immoral mess. Over and out.
You're not wrong and I respect your decision to bow out, if that's what you ultimately decide to do.

I roll with it. I equally realise I can't do anything about it but I take what it offers and try not to read too much into it. Some might say I'm part of the problem but I'm happy with that judgement.

That’s the understatement of all time.
And I don't blame nor fault him for it. How many of us are? That he is the motivation behind KP taking an interest in the first place is what I recognise. And where would we have been without that?

(I know, I know, I can anticipate answers to that rhetorical question)

Neil Warnock. He’s turned shite into gold countless times, and he often installs a useful nastiness and gamesmanship in his teams. One year contract, big fat bonus for promotion, part ways at the end of the season. Gerrimin.
I’ll second that

So much needs to change and immediately. The club needs a new manager as a priority. That manager must have the pedigree to get us back. No ****ing around with experimental crap. We need to invest in a team that is capable, ready and up for the enormous challenge ahead. I just hope the club is not complacent about that challenge. It is ****ing enormous.

Big boy pants time. If I were Top I would be investing in a new management team off the field. People with proven success in running a football club. People who understand what it takes and aren’t frightened to make big decisions. The mismanagement from the very top has caused all of this. We dithered while the kingdom was burned to the ground.

With any luck we started all of this weeks ago, but knowing that we aren’t run by Vichai anymore tells me we likely haven’t even thought about it yet.
You’re assuming a lot of Top. The guy doesn’t know his arse from his elbow

With contract situations as they are, we can shed a massive amount off our wage bill. Most, if not all of our players will have relegation clauses leading to wage reductions in their contract and we will have at least two assets in Barnes and Maddison that will fetch big sums of cash. We will reduce staff and, with travel now free flowing again, KP will hardly be short of a few quid. We've ****ed up massively, but now it's time to make a brave decision.

Take as many financial punishments as possible that don't lead to us losing points, but go balls deep to get back to the PL in one season. For that, we need to hold on to some of our squad and employ a manager who knows that Championship inside out.

Buy an actual striker and a goalkeeper and invest in some creativity to replace the inevitable loss of Maddison and Barnes. Hold on to Faes, Ricardo, Souttar, Thomas, Castagne, Justin, Alves, Mendy (if possible) KDH and Vardy or Nacho and there's an excellent spine to build around. Yes, I like everyone else, ****ing hate most of thise ****s right now but I cannot ignore the way they have been thrown under several buses by Rodgers and had their creativity beaten out of them. It is no coincidence what has happened to so many players this season; Ndidi, Castagne, Vardy, KDH and many others haven't forgotten how to play football overnight; they've been shoehorned into a style they just cannot play by a complete prick of a manager who had mates instead of bosses. They could prove to be a very good Championship squad.
Ricardo is ****ed. If he was a horse you'd have him shot. No way he lasts in a 46 game season. Thomas is a weakling who will get bullied all over the pitch in the EFL, no way on earth Castagne stays. I have hope for JJ but he may well come back the same shattered husk Ricardo has, we'll see on that one. Vardy will struggle to play 20 games without succumbing to exhaustion or injury. I'd love to see Mendy stay but who knows ? We might have to promise to actually play him for that to be a possibility. & Nacho probably goes too.

Come back & have another go on Thursday after they've given Smith the job full time.

Neil Warnock. He’s turned shite into gold countless times, and he often installs a useful nastiness and gamesmanship in his teams. One year contract, big fat bonus for promotion, part ways at the end of the season. Gerrimin.

Could have done with someone like him when we sacked Rodgers. Or pretty much anyone who wasn't a failed manager after a few quid and his racist pal.

I'm living in an era that is fuelled by money and corruption. It's all out of our hands and it's all just a horrible, immoral mess. Over and out.
Do you mean generally or just in football?

If you mean generally, well, welcome to the last 6000 years of life on planet earth.

Those of us born between the end of the war & the early 70s have benefitted from the post war consensus. High wages, workplace rights, good pensions, cheap property, free higher education, social mobility. The whole liberal nine yards. It lasted 2 generations at best. We're now back where everything was before. & everyone voted for it (well, enough people to make it happen anyway)

Entitles ****s with zero talent or morality blagging their way into power on the back of spurious populist bollocks, then filling their pockets & those of their friends & sponsors before disappearing in a cloud of shit stinking vapour. To be replaced by exactly the same.

If you mean football, well thats just a symptom of the above. As soon as it stopped being a sport disparaged as being only followed by lowlife oiks & turned into middle class showbiz entertainment it was essentially over. Rupert Murdoch bought English football in 1992 & it's been inevitable how it would end up ever since. Every other country has followed suit. Copycat Premier Leagues all over Europe.

But cheer up. I have. Being of that generation means that I'm :

a) able to enjoy the memory of it all being so different when I was young & driven

b) going to die before it gets so much, much worse.

It's the young I feel sorry for.

I almost spat out my Jack Daniel's when I read that & thought the post season wibblefest had kicked in already.

Then I saw it was you & relaxed as you're clearly just taking the piss.

I've poured another glass. Please don't do that again.

Ta.

going to die before it gets so much, much worse
Yep. I take no consolation in saying that I agree.

I do wonder though (genuinely, it's not me trying to dissuade you) whether it's ever been thus. That if you'd have asked someone of my age a generation ago that they'd have replied exactly the same way.

Yep. I take no consolation in saying that I agree.

I do wonder though (genuinely, it's not me trying to dissuade you) whether it's ever been thus. That if you'd have asked someone of my age a generation ago that they'd have replied exactly the same way.
I don't know without knowing how old you are really

Love to you all, the world keeps turning and take some heart from the fact that you’re real football fans of a great club and we all continue on this rollercoaster together. ****s, arm in arm.

Have a bloody brilliant summer, remember the good times and look ahead to next season, whatever it looks like.

Not a ‘keep your chins up’ message, just hope you’re all well.

Ted x

Reading btl comments elsewhere, it surprises me how prevalent the 'Rodgers was right' style of comment is. Yes, a "refresh" might have changed things... but that's kinda stating the ****ing obvious. The club couldn't finance it, for whatever reasons. And it's not as if they'd previously held back the cheque book.

Just ****s me off that people hear/read that kind of thing (from Rodgers or quoting him) and think no ****ing further. He spunked a shit load and still couldn't make it work, then complained because he wasn't again allowed to spend someone else's money (when it wasn't there to spend)

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463