Wes Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he'd drank them early enough that he was no longer over the limit.

I'd have thought that the rational response to someone who has just smashed their car into the central reservation with no one else around and smells of alcohol is to maybe verify that fact?

Maybe the rozzas thought no grown man would drink brandy and cola, put it down to lies to make him sound pwoppa nawty and not just a rubbish driver.

Maybe the rozzas thought no grown man would drink brandy and cola, put it down to lies to make him sound pwoppa nawty and not just a rubbish driver.

What if it was Rola Cola? Would that be acceptable?

Can you refuse to take the test?

Over here you have a legal right to refuse the test, but generally ends up leaving you in more trouble than if you took it. But they can't prove you were drunk and the charge is changed to reckless driving or some such coded language.

You can but I think it is then an offense to refuse to give a sample.

Probs best to wait for Boc or someone but from watching Road Wars years ago, that seems to be the case.

Last edited:
Surely better to be charged for refusing if you are actually guilty?

Over here you have a legal right to refuse the test, but generally ends up leaving you in more trouble than if you took it. But they can't prove you were drunk and the charge is changed to reckless driving or some such coded language.

I believe refusal to take a test is taken as a positive test.

If you're absolutely hammered this would stop you giving a massive reading.

Yes, refusal to take a test is taken as a positive test and treated as such in court.

Refusal is an offence under the same Act and is regarded in exactly the same way as a 'failure'. I haven't analysed the figures but it may even be that people who refuse to give a sample of breath are dealt with more harshly than those who are proved to be over the limit.

If you refuse to take a breath test, you earn the label of "High Risk Offender" and are treated in the same way as somebody who has given a sample that came in at 2.5 times (or more) over the legal limit. This means that you do not get your licence back automatically at the end of the compulsory ban period; you would first have to go through a medical examination. It is also be likely that the cost of your next insurance would be loaded even more severely than somebody who had simply been over the limit. I can see no point in refusing to give a sample.

Ha! Wait for somebody who is almost teetotal!

Haha I wasn't suggesting you were an alcoholic or someone who enjoys a good drink drive but you do come across as having a very good general knowledge on things like this.

And its usually you who corrects (m)any failings in my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669