Weso bust his leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the OS:

City boss Craig Levein has revealed that young midfielder James Wesolowski is currently in hospital after breaking his leg in the 0-0 pre-season friendly draw with Celtic on Tuesday evening.

The 17-year-old midfielder has been in fine form since the players returned to training at the start of the month.

A fine performance in the opening friendly of the season against Kettering elevated Wesolowski onto the first-team tour to Norway - where he also excelled against Bodo Glimt and Lillestrom.

But a challenge involving Celtic defender Bobo Balde left the Young Australian needing emergency treatment on the pitch before he was taken to hospital.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "James has unfortunately broken his leg. I really do feel for him. He has only just burst onto the scene in the last week or so and has performed remarkably well for one so young.

"Psychologically this will be a real blow for him, but he is mentally a very strong kid. I wouldn't have had the confidence to play him against Celtic if I didn't think he had great mental reserves. That will stand him in good stead when he is recovering from this injury.

"The break is in a bad area and it looks as though it is going to have to be pinned. You could ask me to guess when he will be back playing but I have really no idea. I do know though that it is a serious injury.

"He was in the team on merit and the evidence was there to show that in the game.

"It's a blow for the club because his energy was infectious. Joey Gudjonsson replaced him and had a great game because I think he felt under pressure.

"With Patrick Kisnorbo being injured at the moment it was a blessing for me to have someone like James to appear on the scene from nowhere. It's unfortunate and I just hope the lad gets back as quickly as possible.

"We always expected the match to be a competitive game, but we didn't think that something like this would happen."

The Foxes went into the game on the back of a disappointing 5-1 defeat at the hands of Norwegian side Lillestrom at the weekend, and Levein said he was happy with the way his players reacted to that performance.

He added: "I thought we were the better side and controlled more of the ball than Celtic did. We had the better chances, including the missed penalty.

"But I wasn't particularly fussy about the actual performance. Don't get me wrong, we wanted to play well, but the aim was to wash away the memory of the Lillestrom defeat and the way some of the players played in that game.

"We needed to get back to this idea that we play with high energy and we don't give teams time to play. That was evident tonight. All the players contributed to us putting in a decent performance.

"I hope our supporters are happy with that. We have had a little bit of work to do with regard to cutting the wage bill. We had to try and dig out some value for money players and I hope that our fans will be pleased with what they have seen so far, although it is very early on.

"Our attitude was good tonight. We did what we should be all about which is pressing the ball. When you look at Gareth Williams closing people down, winning the ball and driving forward from deep in the opposing half then you see that we will get goals from that.

"If we can get Gareth to do that, who is probably our most skilful player, then the rest will follow. I thought he was great tonight, as were the rest of the players."

****ing hell :( Really feel for Weso, he was doing great, and in 1 week had got himself up to the first team really, and now he gets ****ed like this because Balde is a twat.
Breaking his leg in a bad place, CL says...sounds like he will be out for a long while, probably miss most, if not all of the season. Damn shame. Could ruin the lads career as well really, some players aren't the same after an injury like that. Let's hope he recovers quickly and properly and continues to show such great promise when he returns!

From the OS. ****ing ****ing Balde. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OS said:
Wesolowski Blow

City boss Craig Levein has revealed that young midfielder James Wesolowski is currently in hospital after breaking his leg in the 0-0 pre-season friendly draw with Celtic on Tuesday evening.

The 17-year-old midfielder has been in fine form since the players returned to training at the start of the month.

A fine performance in the opening friendly of the season against Kettering elevated Wesolowski onto the first-team tour to Norway - where he also excelled against Bodo Glimt and Lillestrom.

But a challenge involving Celtic defender Bobo Balde left the Young Australian needing emergency treatment on the pitch before he was taken to hospital.

Speaking after the game, Levein said: "James has unfortunately broken his leg. I really do feel for him. He has only just burst onto the scene in the last week or so and has performed remarkably well for one so young.

"Psychologically this will be a real blow for him, but he is mentally a very strong kid. I wouldn't have had the confidence to play him against Celtic if I didn't think he had great mental reserves. That will stand him in good stead when he is recovering from this injury.

"The break is in a bad area and it looks as though it is going to have to be pinned. You could ask me to guess when he will be back playing but I have really no idea. I do know though that it is a serious injury.

"He was in the team on merit and the evidence was there to show that in the game.

"It's a blow for the club because his energy was infectious. Joey Gudjonsson replaced him and had a great game because I think he felt under pressure.

"With Patrick Kisnorbo being injured at the moment it was a blessing for me to have someone like James to appear on the scene from nowhere. It's unfortunate and I just hope the lad gets back as quickly as possible.

"We always expected the match to be a competitive game, but we didn't think that something like this would happen."

The Foxes went into the game on the back of a disappointing 5-1 defeat at the hands of Norwegian side Lillestrom at the weekend, and Levein said he was happy with the way his players reacted to that performance.

He added: "I thought we were the better side and controlled more of the ball than Celtic did. We had the better chances, including the missed penalty.

"But I wasn't particularly fussy about the actual performance. Don't get me wrong, we wanted to play well, but the aim was to wash away the memory of the Lillestrom defeat and the way some of the players played in that game.

"We needed to get back to this idea that we play with high energy and we don't give teams time to play. That was evident tonight. All the players contributed to us putting in a decent performance.

"I hope our supporters are happy with that. We have had a little bit of work to do with regard to cutting the wage bill. We had to try and dig out some value for money players and I hope that our fans will be pleased with what they have seen so far, although it is very early on.

"Our attitude was good tonight. We did what we should be all about which is pressing the ball. When you look at Gareth Williams closing people down, winning the ball and driving forward from deep in the opposing half then you see that we will get goals from that.

"If we can get Gareth to do that, who is probably our most skilful player, then the rest will follow. I thought he was great tonight, as were the rest of the players."

i'm ****in disgusted. what sort of a **** breaks a 17 year olds leg in a freindly game.

what a prick, i'm gonna go and vent some anger on a celtic board. :mad:

Celtic fans don't seem impressed with him either:

He's a f*cking tit. Hope strachan drops him or he'll cost us more games this season.

BOBO GTF

========================================================

We are used to it mate, the things a hooligan, gets away with it week in week out

Probably one of the worst i seen was on the aberdeen keeper, absolute no respect for anyone around him, im sure he actually knocked him unconcious. corner came in, absolute no care for anyones safety, went right thru him elbows the lot.

hoped he f***ed off tbh, still hoping

=========================================================

If he had an even share of aggression and footballing ability, he might be a decent defender.
The guy's a complete and utter thug, Yorkston wasn't wrong with his comment about him.

gloucesterfox said:
Celtic fans don't seem impressed with him either:

Gloucester - can you give us the URL of the Celtic board that you got this off, please.

He was f**king brilliant tonight and deserved a place in the team! I had no idea he could play THAT well!

F**king Balde!!! I hope someone breaks both his f**king legs C*nt!!!!

SilverFox said:
He was f**king brilliant tonight and deserved a place in the team! I had no idea he could play THAT well!

F**king Balde!!! I hope someone breaks both his f**king legs C*nt!!!!
to be fair silver no footballer deserves that. Not even one that did it to another player.

Rayvon said:
i'm ****in disgusted. what sort of a **** breaks a 17 year olds leg in a freindly game.

what a prick, i'm gonna go and vent some anger on a celtic board. :mad:
I'm fuming because of this. I pray everything is ok for him.

Apparently we were much more a dirty team than them tonight.

Last edited:
From my viewpoint Balde didn't appear to do anything wrong, to me it looked more like Weso trying too hard to win a ball he probably shouldn't have gone for. If Balde did do it deliberately the club should take video evidence to the Scottish FA.

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
to be fair silver no footballer deserves that. Not even one that did it to another player.

Yeah but Weso may never be the same. He might not go in for challenges, or take risks he would have before, all because of some f*cking clown! Its disgraceful it really is!!!

I'd just like to apolgise on behalf of Celtic fan's for this tackle. It was a disgrace and we all feel the same way. We had John Kennedy, a 19 year old promising defender crippled 18 months ago by a dreadful challenge when he was making his Scotland debut. He's still recovering from injury after his knee was shattered.

I won't defend the tackle but I can say that Bobo is not a dirty player. There wouldn't have been intent there. He is very clumsy, yes, and even rash sometimes, but he wouldn't have intentionally injured the boy. He will apologise in public I'm sure but that doesn't really make up for up.

We all wish the player a speedy recovery and hope he comes back to fufill his potential.

SilverFox said:
Yeah but Weso may never be the same. He might not go in for challenges, or take risks he would have before, all because of some f*cking clown! Its disgraceful it really is!!!

i agree with that silver its a good point. and an apology from Balde to the young lad wouldnt go a miss but I wont be expecting much more. Its very unfortunate but lets just hope its not as serious as first thought and that he can make a speedy recovery.

Petrov19 said:
I'd just like to apolgise on behalf of Celtic fan's for this tackle. It was a disgrace and we all feel the same way. We had John Kennedy, a 19 year old promising defender crippled 18 months ago by a dreadful challenge when he was making his Scotland debut. He's still recovering from injury after his knee was shattered.

I won't defend the tackle but I can say that Bobo is not a dirty player. There wouldn't have been intent there. He is very clumsy, yes, and even rash sometimes, but he wouldn't have intentionally injured the boy. He will apologise in public I'm sure but that doesn't really make up for up.

We all wish the player a speedy recovery and hope he comes back to fufill his potential.

Very decent of you. Cheers

I feel gutted. That a young lad can be have his footballing career in jeopardy. Lets hope hes determined and its not as bad as orignally though.

Weso I may sound a puff but I will prey for you.

Petrov19 said:

Met a lot of Celtic fans tonight and I have to say that they were all very well mannered and aside from the incident I really enjoyed the game. Good luck in your Champions league game next week.

I just pray that Weso recovers. He has massive potential but this is equally a massive setback! Balde is a disgrace!

Hazzman said:
I feel gutted. That a young lad can be have his footballing career in jeopardy. Lets hope hes determined and its not as bad as orignally though.

Weso I may sound a puff but I will prey for you.

well said mate lets all just hope and pray he is okay and that he makes a speedy recovery. It is bad what happened but I would like to think that no player goes out there on the pitch to intentionally hurt another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566