Wesol-OFF-ski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
From the Western Daily Press:

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/wdp/sport/football/Allen-close-agreeing-Wesolowski-transfer/article-559606-detail/article.html

Cheltenham Town manager Martin Allen has revealed he is close to signing midfielder James Wesolowski during the January transfer window.

Wesolwoski suffered a fractured ankle in the match at Tranmere Rovers during October during his initial loan spell from Leicester City.

But in just four appearances for the Robins Wesolowski made such an impact on Allen that he is ready to try and make him a permanent signing and it is understood talks have already been held with Leicester to facilitate a deal in the new year.

"There is a chance we can sign him in January," said Allen.

Last edited:
I'd be very disappointed if this happens, not least for Weso himself! When fit he's easily good enough for the Championship, and this move pretty much guarantees League Two football next season, where I suspect he'll be kicked and hacked straight back onto the treatment table.

Allen must be talking a loan as we would want a fee and they must surely be completely broke??

The clubs could agree on a nominal figure without it going to a tribunal. I can't imagine him earning a huge amount of money, and we have to be cautious of his fitness after 2 broken legs, and now a fractured ankle.

I think a move from the club is a good thing for all parties concerned.

I'd be very disappointed if this happens, not least for Weso himself! When fit he's easily good enough for the Championship, and this move pretty much guarantees League Two football next season, where I suspect he'll be kicked and hacked straight back onto the treatment table.

Is he? I've yet to see real evidence of this. He was average and didn't stand out as anything special when he played. He's not good enough for us anymore and won't be bothered if he goes.

Last edited:
Is he? I've yet to see real evidence of this. He was average and didn't stand out as anything special when he played. He's not good enough for us anymore and won't be bothered if he goes.

4-4-2, one game that sticks in the memory was the Wolves game at home where Fryatt got the winner a few years back. Weso was alongside Joey in the middle and gave a superb display. Then he broke his leg again in the next game...
He's not perfect, but compared with the shite we've had to put up with over the last few I think he's worth hanging onto.
I'm sure your above comment could have applied word-for-word to Fryatt at the start of this season, and nobody is going to say that about him any more.

4-4-2, one game that sticks in the memory was the Wolves game at home where Fryatt got the winner a few years back. Weso was alongside Joey in the middle and gave a superb display. Then he broke his leg again in the next game...
He's not perfect, but compared with the shite we've had to put up with over the last few I think he's worth hanging onto.
I'm sure your above comment could have applied word-for-word to Fryatt at the start of this season, and nobody is going to say that about him any more.

I will

Fryatt demonstrated his competence at League One level prior to us buying him, and is doing so again right now

He has not yet demonstrated any ability whatsoever to hack it at Championship level

Difference is that it is entirely possible that Fryatt may yet make a Championship level player in the future. I don't think Wesolowski ever will

Hopefully his departure will give us a little bit of cash, and help us to bring another CM in... because we are still lacking a bit there.

Although I suppose we are top of the league, maybe we're alright...

Good luck Weso... if he does go I hope it works out for him.

I'd like to see us have a sell on fee involved, because I think he has potential still... just of case of whether he can ever stay fit enough to develop properly.

Last edited:
Shame i had high hopes for the lad

Yes, I did, and I cant see why he is getting all this grief, the diserves better.

His only fault is that the goes in to hard, but that shows commitment, and with a little more self control he will come good for someone.

Good luck to him

Can Cheltenham afford a transfer fee atm?

I doubt if they will need much of one, to be honest

Stand by for an 'undisclosed fee' consisting of a half-eaten cheese and pickle sandwich and a bag of quavers

wouldn't bother me, too injury prone - best off getting rid while we can get something for him IMO. Shame though, could have been a great player.

Yes, I did, and I cant see why he is getting all this grief, the diserves better.

His only fault is that the goes in to hard
, but that shows commitment, and with a little more self control he will come good for someone.

Good luck to him

weren't both of his leg breaks off the ball and not in a tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669