Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we pretty much know the team that we'll field, decided as it is by injury and unavailability. There's a couple of slots that'll be decided on the least shit/crocked/unfit player available (and the bench will have that look to it) but otherwise it'll pick itself - unless there's a managerial brain fart, which of course cannot be ruled out. Usual winger permutation will apply.

I'm being positive, we should beat WBA - after all, we are currently eight places ahead of them in the table

Wow, you lot have lost the plot. Even with our horrendous preparation we should beat these. Take a look at their sqaud list. They are wank.

We can but only field 3 Belgium Internationals you know from the number one ranked team in the world. What chance do we possibly have against the mighty WBA who are only in the league because Brentford lost there last two games.
We will win this whatever side we put out keep the faith people

2-0 to West Brom

Wow, you lot have lost the plot. Even with our horrendous preparation we should beat these. Take a look at their sqaud list. They are wank.
Like we should’ve beaten Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Watford, etc.

We don’t win these under Rogers (yeah I took the ‘d’ out - **** now has to earn that ‘d’ from me because our performances post lockdown have been ‘F’ all day long).

he should go with the below

Schmeichel
Justin Ndidi Soyuncu Castagne
Choudhury Tielemans
Perez Maddison Barnes
Vardy

but he will play Mendy and Albrighton and play someone inexplicable at centre half despite Ndidi looking imperious on saturday and choudhury looking full of energy and intent in a way that mendy just cant do.

but he will play Mendy and Albrighton and play someone inexplicable at centre half despite Ndidi looking imperious on saturday and choudhury looking full of energy and intent in a way that mendy just cant do.

Turn it in mate, come on. “imperious”? It was a glorified kickabout.

By“inexplicable” do you mean he might play an actual centre half like Amartey or Benkovic or Morgan? Inexplicable would be not to play Ndidi in his best position. The position we were all saying we missed him so much in last season when he was out.

And fair enough on your opinion of Choudhury. But for me he’s proved once too often that he’s not good enough for the Premier League. Mendy is not a top-class player but he’s much better than Choudhury in my opinion.

Everyone said the same about a certain team from Lancashire, managed by Big Sam when they visited Filbert St many moons ago.....
To be fair, back then you could be worse than dogshit and beat Peter Taylor’s Leicester.

Choudhury has always had a bit of headless chicken about his style of play; sometimes it's great, sometimes not so. There are more mistakes in him than in Mendy but they each bring something to the game. Personally, I prefer the tick-over of Mendy - bit it''s a balancing act depending on circumstances, and particularly as Ndidi is a given starter.

Amartey doesn't look ready to me. He had a run, got his name on the score sheet, but he's been out a while. There's something about him that I like but, tbh, I don't think he'll make it for us. He seems too unsure/lacking in confidence.

I reckon Morgan will start at CB. And Clodah will be crossing his fingers he'll last the 90. I'd like to say Benko on the bench but I'm not yet convinced by him. Besides, I reckon we need Wes's character, experience and presence for this one

you just have to add them to the X1 to validate what a massive difference in quality, shape and threat tarkowski and McNeil would add if can do a deal with them.

Schmeichel
Justin Tarkowski Soyuncu Castagne
Ndidi Tielemans
McNeil Maddison Barnes
Vardy

when Evans is not suspended, and Ricardo is fit we can have proper flexibility of formation and then have players like Gray, Iheanacho, Perez, Albrighton, Praet, Justin, Choudhury, Mendy, Thomas, Dewsbury Hall competing to get on to a relatively high quality bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669