Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wes' mobility is only going to have to gone further downhill during lockdown, let him concentrate on coaching. It's pick one from Benkovic or Amartey for me, until Evans returns and/or another centre half arrives

without further signings

Kasper

Justin Soyuncu Benkovic Castagne

Tielemans NDidi

Perez Maddison Barnes

Vardy​

Wes' mobility is only going to have to gone further downhill during lockdown, let him concentrate on coaching. It's pick one from Benkovic or Amartey for me, until Evans returns and/or another centre half arrives
Amartey won't be ready for competitive football so it will be Benkovic, big chance for him, I still think we'll play a back 3 a fair bit this season

Based on pre season, I reckon we'll start:

Kasper

Castagne (RB)
Soyuncu
Ndidi
Justin (LB)

Mendy
Praet
Tielemans

Barnes
Vardy
Gray

He's banned for three league games.
Does the EFL game not count towards his suspension? If not, he should play in it to build match sharpness.
No idea where he’s been all pre season. Something fishy going on, especially as he withdrew from NI squad due for personal reasons.

Does the EFL game not count towards his suspension? If not, he should play in it to build match sharpness.
No idea where he’s been all pre season. Something fishy going on, especially as he withdrew from NI squad due for personal reasons.
not any more they changed the rules either last season or season before so that league bans only affect the league

without further signings

Kasper

Justin Soyuncu Benkovic Castagne

Tielemans NDidi

Perez Maddison Barnes

Vardy​

Is Maddison due back then? Not played any pre season so his fitness will be an issue if he starts.

We've got an EFL trophy match tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if any over-age players play.

How many are we allowed?
Surely we must see some. Has Kelechi had any minutes yet? Not watched the friendlies tbh but cant recall seeing his name in any lineups.

I don't think we will see many first team squad be able to use it as a fitness exercise:

7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute) in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Fuchs training and needs a game same with Maddison, those 2 and Amartey would be the ones you would think most likely to play.

Luke Thomas can also play and wouldn't count as a first team player

I believe it is 3 overage outfield players allowed

Kelechi has played in pre season
7.8 Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match:

7.8.1 at least six of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced; and

7.8.2 no more than two players who:

(i) are aged 21 or over; and

(ii) have made 40 or more appearances in a First Team Fixture (either in the starting elven or as a playing substitute) in each case as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned, shall be named on the Team Sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669