Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kasper dons the clown outfit, I do so love his look of indignation; the 'not my fault' pissed off-ness that he emits. Not for him the apologetic mea culpa.

I reckon Maddison will start. I hope not. We need to have him properly rested after injury.

Kasper

Justin
Soyuncu
Morgan
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Perez
Kelechi
Barnes

Vardy

I reckon Maddison will start. I hope not. We need to have him properly rested after injury.

Kasper

Justin
Soyuncu
Morgan
Castagne

Ndidi
Tielemans

Perez
Kelechi
Barnes

Vardy

this. although more likely to play albrighton by the look of it from pre season.
and depending on Morgan fitness we could see eithr a makeshift wilf at CB and then anyone of 3 replacing wilf in DM.

someone also needs to tell the team and brendan that gatherings of six or more are not banned until Monday and so there is no excuse for leaving Vardy up top completely on his own against the baggies.

this. although more likely to play albrighton by the look of it from pre season.
and depending on Morgan fitness we could see eithr a makeshift wilf at CB and then anyone of 3 replacing wilf in DM.

so not this :)

Have to say it...

We are massive twats allowing ourselves to start the season with a team weaker than the one we finished last term with. Absolute wankers. We don’t want to actually spend any money. Wolves bloody get it. Improve and move forward.

Have to say it...

We are massive twats allowing ourselves to start the season with a team weaker than the one we finished last term with. Absolute wankers. We don’t want to actually spend any money. Wolves bloody get it. Improve and move forward.
Patience you miserable twat! This is a pre season like no other. Signings will come but we need to be patient. Good deals need to be negotiated, unless of course you want to pay silly money.

I'm usually an optimist but not feeling good about the new season at all right now.

Key players still out injured. Threadbare (at best) defence for at least the first game but probably the first few.

And worst of all, our only summer signing is an out of position replacement for a key player we let leave this summer.

Which means we've done NOTHING to address the massive issues we already had in our squad; missing a centre back, and far too limited creative options in attack.

I feel that every other club in and around us has strengthened, while we've done nothing. Couple that with the fact that we need a deeper squad anyway if we're hoping to do anything but play the kids in Europe...

We clearly look a lot worse off than last season. And we seem to be doing **** all about it.

I've never looked forward to the start of a new season less. To the point where I don't really want it back right now.

West Brom are total shit. Really bad

It‘s a sign of where we are that I think we’ll lose quite easily

The thing I’m clinging onto is that I’m not looking forward to the season as much as I wasn’t in 13/14. We had just agonisingly missed out on promotion, we didn’t seem to make many signings, and the ones we did didn’t excite. I thought we’d suffer mentally and have a poor season - quite the opposite.

Unfortunately I don’t hold Brendan in the same regard as big Nige when it comes to motivating players and changing their mindset.

The thing I’m clinging onto is that I’m not looking forward to the season as much as I wasn’t in 13/14. We had just agonisingly missed out on promotion, we didn’t seem to make many signings, and the ones we did didn’t excite. I thought we’d suffer mentally and have a poor season - quite the opposite.

Unfortunately I don’t hold Brendan in the same regard as big Nige when it comes to motivating players and changing their mindset.
Me neither.

Referee: Anthony Taylor.
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Stuart Attwell.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Per Rodgers:

Castigne ready.

Morgan and Maddison unlikely.

Benkovic injured (and likely to go on loan)

Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal not considered.

Ndidi to start at CB

Per Rodgers:

Castigne ready.

Morgan and Maddison unlikely.

Benkovic injured (and likely to go on loan)

Slimani, Silva, Ghezzal not considered.

Ndidi to start at CB
Fine Jonny Evans for making that stupid challenge, getting sent off and leaving us in that position, I think I'd rather see Knight play at CB than take Wilf out of midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566