Pre Match West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker; Curtis, Sinclair, Taggart, Thatcher; Hignett (Stewart, 77), Izzet, Nalis, Scowcroft; Dickov (Impey, 87), Bent (Deane, 75).
I don’t think the ‘crying into your hovis’ team we destroyed are still representative of Leeds’ starting 11. If they attack without fear like they have today for the rest of the season they will do well. Far better than if they set up defensively every week. I’m still seething about 2 defensive midfielders at home to Brighton.

I don’t think the ‘crying into your hovis’ team we destroyed are still representative of Leeds’ starting 11. If they attack without fear like they have today for the rest of the season they will do well. Far better than if they set up defensively every week. I’m still seething about 2 defensive midfielders at home to Brighton.
They were great today, and Bielsaball looks dangerous.
They took their chances and that is what scares me.
Compare the end result if those Leeds chances had fallen to Barnes, Vardy and Gray.

They were great today, and Bielsaball looks dangerous.
They took their chances and that is what scares me.
Compare the end result if those Leeds chances had fallen to Barnes, Vardy and Gray.

Bollocks. Any half decent compact 4-4-2 counter-attacking side would batter that Leeds team. The holes in their side were ridiculous. They'll get a few early results but they'll concede 80 goals this season playing like that. Lump on relegation.

Bollocks. Any half decent compact 4-4-2 counter-attacking side would batter that Leeds team. The holes in their side were ridiculous. They'll get a few early results but they'll concede 80 goals this season playing like that. Lump on relegation.
Better let Brendan know.

They'll score plenty and concede plenty. I think this will be true for the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd as well. Spurs will concede less imo, as will teams like Wolves, Burnley, Southampton and Everton. Us? I'm just not sure anymore.

They'll score plenty and concede plenty. I think this will be true for the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd as well. Spurs will concede less imo, as will teams like Wolves, Burnley, Southampton and Everton. Us? I'm just not sure anymore.
We won’t have long to find out whether it is sublime Leicester or assume the position Leicester that turns up. My fear is we will need a new pillow by Christmas.

We won’t have long to find out whether it is sublime Leicester or assume the position Leicester that turns up. My fear is we will need a new pillow by Christmas.

Our start is so important. We need a good opener to rebuild some confidence - get Riccy, Madders, Evans back into the team and go from there.

Not us then

West Brom are dog shit. If we turn up and play well (even with half a side) we will win. Soyuncu, Castagne, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes and Vardy should piss all over them.

West Brom are dog shit. If we turn up and play well (even with half a side) we will win. Soyuncu, Castagne, Ndidi, Praet, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes and Vardy should piss all over them.
They should have pissed all over Watford, Brighton, Bournemouth etc... but didn’t.

You mean with three players who all recently played for the best international team in the world (according to rankings)?! I totally agree - we should on paper win this comfortably - even with the injuries.

The negativity on here is astounding. To a certain extent I can see why people have concerns but seriously as I've said before the back end of last season was very weird in lots of ways. We didn't adapt well and others did but it doesn't mean that it will be catastrophic this season. Clearly as well as the challenges that others have with no crowds etc we also have the burden of a stupid injury list. We'll get through it fine.

Post after post of 'we're gonna get dicked on' not just for this game but looking at the future too is getting really mundane. And chances are it won't happen. So chin up - enjoy the game - try and enjoy the season and let's continue to enjoy the ride!

N.B (I appreciate this is the kind of rallying call that will come back to bite me on the arse come 4pm)!

Yes, but that is the past and I am now looking forward.
I am fully with you Micky, but if you don’t change anything and you do the same things expecting a new outcome. Well that’s madness innit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363