West Ham match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have got to start defending better. We seem far too slow. If we had defended properly then they would never had got the penalty, i know he missed it but we had dabizas sent off for it. A bit unlucky with the sending off cause it wasnt a deliberate hand ball and McCarthy was also on the line behind him.

McCarthy, Hughes and Kenton all did really well tonight.

We defended well without Dabizas.

Poor Jordy! :eek: That didn't look pretty.

Wow, what a game - and a great result in hindsight.

Firstly we were EXCELLENT for the 1st 30 minutes, superb football mainly involving Hughes and Connolly. I can't believe the ref didn't send Bywater off, it wasn't the usual scenario of attacking player knocks it too far - Hughes had cushioned it past the keeper and would have scored.

Second half we got absolutely battered, I think the games finally caught up with the lads. Personally I think we should have tried to close the game down and play how we did at Blackburn but it remained an open (but generally 1 way traffic) game. Thought Paddy was absolutely superb - even though as a unit we looked shaky, individually he was brilliant.

Also credit to West Ham, they came out and gave a performance for their under fire manager, which was full of pace, passion and quality. That's why I think a draw was a great result tonight, I cant think the Hammers have played any better this season.

It was OK,we looked knackered in the 2nd half but hung on and defended well.I thought McCarthy had a great game and Hughes was good,Maybury less so but he has played in all 3 matches.All in all a good point,Jordan dislocated his shoulder by the way.A cracking goal from Gillespie!

Having just seen the goals, I am pretty sure the WH goalkeeper should have been sent off.. he was the last man, though Ferdinand was retrieving back, he was never gonna stop Hughes from scoring... Stupid bloody ref

Martyn said:
Also credit to West Ham, they came out and gave a performance for their under fire manager, which was full of pace, passion and quality. That's why I think a draw was a great result tonight, I cant think the Hammers have played any better this season.

I will start here. West Ham were very good for long periods and generally speaking we did defend well. McCarthy and Hughes have to be about the best £200K the club has ever spent. I would say that Walker will look at his performance. Kenton was excellent and Maybury was found out once or twice.

Hughes and Gudjonsson were excellent and so were Connolly and Dublin.

Move of the game was in the first half, where we are clear winners, where Gillespie just got the ball back and across goal only for JG to side foot over. :roll: Gillespie was excellent, though and if we could find a player like him on the left.... :p :roll: Tiatto was very poor, indeed the worst player on the day.

2-2 is fair result, considering we were battered for long periods in the 2nd half, and if we play like that for the rest of the season, then we have no worries. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

highland fox said:
Jordan dislocated his shoulder by the way.
... and the ref was moving him. :smt076 :smt093 :smt092 :smt084 :smt018 :smt019

lcfcrules said:
Having just seen the goals, I am pretty sure the WH goalkeeper should have been sent off.. he was the last man, though Ferdinand was retrieving back, he was never gonna stop Hughes from scoring... Stupid bloody ref

Fair call. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I agree he should have gone but its the inconsistaincy of the Refs that get me,the same thing will happen tomorrow in a match and the Keeper will go.Bywater stopped a certain goal theres no two ways about it.

Although I don't think Tiatto had a particulary bad game I wish he would stay out on the left.He had this tendency to drift into the middle alongside Joey and then we had no width out on the left..

highland fox said:
Although I don't think Tiatto had a particulary bad game I wish he would stay out on the left.He had this tendency to drift into the middle alongside Joey and then we had no width out on the left..

... and exposes the left back at the same time. :roll:

I am seething at the ref...making Stewart shuffle of the pitch and letting them just carry on with their corner...not sending their keeper off.....giving 4 minutes added time.....we never get any favours. BUT what about Gillespies goal and Walkers save!! Joyous.

Since my Sky Sports Channel is dodgy, here in Liverpool, and I can't get SS3, I watched this game in a Liverpool pub, with mute commentary and some dreadful Classic Trax played at full volume while we played what I think was one of our best games of the season. The manager of the pub allowed the use of the big screen because I tipped all the bar staff, and I've had a wonderful night. Gillespie's goal was a stunna. Connelly did a brilliant penno. And at the end we were 9 men against 11, and still drew.
Good on yer, LCFC!!!!
A truly wonderful result. The new guys, especially Hughes and Paddy, done good. The 'past it' stars came into their own. I'd have liked to have seen a bit of passion from MDV, and more muscle from Gareth Williams (get him on the weights), but that's just nit-picking.
And can I say, although I may be alone in this, that the addition of Stewart (I've watched him, and loved him, from when he was 16) inspired the entire team. I know that many supporters hate him, but although he is annoyingly inconsistent,and over-eggs the pudding, he can be a real flair player, at his best. It's a bit of a disaster that his shoulder has gone again.
And should Nick the Greek have been sent off for that ball-to-arm? I think not.
Good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670