West Indies v England 1st test

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope they go with anderson but i fear they will go for the waste of space we call harmison.

i dont understand why swann looks like being squeezed out. he was far better than panesar in india.

team should be

Cook
Strauss
Pietersen
Shah ( Bell will play though)
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Swann ( panesar will play)
Sidebottom
Anderson (Harmy will play)

Harmison has to play, it is the West Indies and it will suit him. His attitude is shit but he will get wickets in this series. We have to start winning test matches in the here and now, and to do that this month we should pick Harmy. Otherwise we will have two mainly swing bowlers in Anderson and Sidebottom.

Bell should be nowhere near the side at the moment but you are right Shah will sit out yet again.

Panesar will play as despite a couple of dodgy tests he has proved himself as a quality test spinner who needs nurturing, not chucking away quickly.

Harmison has to play, it is the West Indies and it will suit him. His attitude is shit but he will get wickets in this series. We have to start winning test matches in the here and now, and to do that this month we should pick Harmy. Otherwise we will have two mainly swing bowlers in Anderson and Sidebottom.

Bell should be nowhere near the side at the moment but you are right Shah will sit out yet again.

Panesar will play as despite a couple of dodgy tests he has proved himself as a quality test spinner who needs nurturing, not chucking away quickly.

dont agree with your harmison point mate but each to their own. anderson is just as quick imo and not as wayward. this last year he's improved loads.

windies 14/5
england evens

Team is as we predicted. Bell needs nothing less than a ton in this test, he clearly hasn't made the next step up in recent months since his 199 v SA

Cook
Strauss
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Monty
Sidebottom
Harmison

Team is as we predicted. Bell needs nothing less than a ton in this test, he clearly hasn't made the next step up in recent months since his 199 v SA

Cook
Strauss
Pietersen
Bell
Collingwood
Flintoff
Prior
Broad
Monty
Sidebottom
Harmison

when will they bloody learn. i am amazed that the whole of the country can see shah should be in yet these selectors cant. and i'm an ian bell fan too, but even i can see he's out of form and should be dropped.

England win toss and bat - so should be a good chance for the top order to step up and score some tons.

strauss out
8/1
Bell in....

England win toss and bat - so should be a good chance for the top order to step up and score some tons.

Hmmmmmm.....Won the toss, flat pitch, mediocre (at best) bowling attack - you'd like to think so......

I see KP was out for 97, with his last 3 shots being a four, four and a six and it sounds like his last effort was a glory shot as well.

Why, why, why.

Concerned also that England's pathetic run rate trend continues, 190 off 70 overs to date. We won the Ashes with aggressive cricket but I think have the worst run rate of proper test nations in last couple of years.

Bell also scores a few runs before falling cheaply again.

192/5

looking down the tail, I don't see too many runs....

looking down the tail, I don't see too many runs....

Big pressure on Freddie and Prior, but a chance for Broad to show his all-rounder potential. Other than that, we're looking at a fairly swift end to the innings once a wicket or two goes. Really awful run rate, didn't get to watch much of it so don't know if there was a reason?

Last edited:
full pressure from my member squirted on Freddie and Prior, but a chance for Broad to show his all-rounder potential by slipping me one up the gary. Other than that, we're looking at a fairly large end and if theres grass on the wicket we can play some cricket. Really awful runny sticky goo coming from big jim and at this rate i'm gonna have to watch rather much of it so damn goes my action up the gary from broady incase he does the reach round

sickening little man :018:

Big pressure on Freddie and Prior, but a chance for Broad to show his all-rounder potential. Other than that, we're looking at a fairly swift end to the innings once a wicket or two goes. Really awful run rate, didn't get to watch much of it so don't know if there was a reason?

Plenty to be fair. The outfield is woeful, 250 would be worth 300+ on a better outfield.

Plus the pitch is a disgrace and not wht youd expect from Kingston at all. The commentators were commenting that they had seen amateur games plyed there on better wickets.

Plenty to be fair. The outfield is woeful, 250 would be worth 300+ on a better outfield.

Plus the pitch is a disgrace and not wht youd expect from Kingston at all. The commentators were commenting that they had seen amateur games plyed there on better wickets.

Someone just said as much on Talksport,they reckon 300 will be an ok score on that pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669