What Are You Listening To Now?

Another blast of early 90s, Bivouac - Good Day Song, shame the rest of their material was a bit cack

ScarboroughFox said:
You Gotta Go There To Come Back and performance and cocktails!
so youve got the worse album(still like it mind) and the best album ? scarbs if you like p & c you have to check out word gets around and language sex violence other? but if you prefer yggttcb then check out Just Enough Education To Perform;)

Ox Fox said:
More digging around in the dark corners has revealed the Audioweb album, again not listened to for many a long day. First track is sounding surprisingly fresh.
Fireworks city, decent ablum that.

Ox Fox said:
Well in moderation, my favourite 'shoegazers' were Moose. Slowdive were always a more attractive proposition live due to the lead singer. The whole 'genre' is bound to have a revival again surely.

My Bloody Valentine were the Godfathers of Shoegazing though OX don't you think ?

ScarboroughFox said:
You Gotta Go There To Come Back and performance and cocktails!

YGGTTOCB is a terrible album, its where they losted their balls
The debut Word Gets Around is good, so is Performance and Cocktails and then they went highly commerical. Before coming back to do, Sex, Language And Other.

The the this week (soul mining/ burning blue/ infected)....cracking stuff:038:

highland fox said:
My Bloody Valentine were the Godfathers of Shoegazing though OX don't you think ?

Definately, along with the Cocteau Twins formed the 'backbone' of the whole movement. I guess Isn't Anything became the must have LP in the home counties!

Your mention of My Bloody Valentine reminds me that I saw them once at the old Town and Country club in Kentish Town, I knew they were going to be loud, but feck me it was literally bone shaking. The feedback sequence in You Made Me Realise went on for (what seemed like) hours! I was about 3/4 back and still couldn't hear for days afterwards. In comparision Mogwai sound like they play on a Saisho boom box at half volume!

MKFox said:
The the this week (soul mining/ burning blue/ infected)....cracking stuff:038:

Uncertain Smile is a 'stone cold' classic.

Apparantly all the The The albums have just been remastered and re-released - do you if they're worth buying, i.e. are they really any different to the originals?

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Now I Got Worry

Ox Fox said:
Apparantly all the The The albums have just been remastered and re-released - do you if they're worth buying, i.e. are they really any different to the originals?
Didn't know that...will look out for them and report back

ScarboroughFox said:
ricky gervais podcast with karl pilkington!

It's not very good is it.

I think it proves Gervais is just a one trick pony.

:icon_conf

Echo And The Bunnymen - Ballyhoo

ScarboroughFox said:
im just listening to Karl!!

karl is far better than gervais!! i could go as far as saying that karl carries ricky through the whole thing

Damn right.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664