What Are You Listening To Now?

Ox Fox said:
When they originally released London Calling they deliberately missed Train In Vain off the album sleeve as they were unsure how it would go down with the 'punk rockers'.

Or something like that.

Could anyone suggest the next step in buying a Clash album?

Hazzman said:
Go to the shop and hand over some money :icon_razz

I know, I was being a silly kunt.

I like the clash and have some of their albums, but I am no expert. I would buy any

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I know, I was being a silly kunt.

I like the clash and have some of their albums, but I am no expert. I would buy any

Youre name is Melton though, karma and all that shite, shouldn't you buy me all of the Clash's albums now.

Last edited:
Hazzman said:

Only two to avoid are Sandanista which should really have been a single LP not a triple and their final one called Combat Rock (after Mick Jones) left, which is pretty weak. All the others are more or less essential purchases.

The film Rude Boy has some absolutely superb Clash footage, but the 'story' bits inbetween the footage are somewhat less than entertaining.

Ox Fox said:
The film Rude Boy has some absolutely superb Clash footage, but the 'story' bits inbetween the footage are somewhat less than entertaining.

i bought this not long ago. there's some quality footage of the band in action and practicing, and all that stuff. but the story line is naff. worth getting though.

Loads of idiots moaning

I'm listening to Aphex Twin

Joe_Fox said:
I'm listening to Aphex Twin

My favourite, erm my only, Aphex Twin anecdote is that during the mid 90's hey days of the celebrity DJ remix, Mr James was commissioned to do a mix of one of the big hits of the day for a tidy sum of £15k.

The masters were given to him with a deadline of two weeks to come up with something stunning. Deadline day arrives and the record company send round a bike to collect the sacred Aphex Twin mix - it's mid-afternoon and the courier is asked to come in for a minute as he's not been up long. Richard then shuffles through a pile of disks scattered in the corner and pulls one out at random and passes it to the courier, he then hands back the original masters which are still sealed. Nice work if you can get it.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57